GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

When does new inventory come in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 01:43 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default When does new inventory come in?

Inventory on 4GS (particularly F-Sports) is getting really thin around Northern California. I keep expecting a big shipment. My dream is a bunch of trucks rolling up with dozens in every color and with every combination of options possible. When will dwindling inventories be replenished?
Old 01-08-13, 02:20 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the $499 F-Sport Lease deal all So. Cal dealers are completely sold out. South Bay Lexas sold 18 GS350 F-Sports the first weekend of the lease sale. They said it would be 2 weeks until new inventory arrived. That was as of last Saturday. I really want a Starfire/Cabernet F-Sport combo with Nav/ML/HUD. I could live without the HUD if I didnt have to order the car. If I have to order then I might as well get it the way I want it.
Old 01-08-13, 02:31 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoCal1984
With the $499 F-Sport Lease deal all So. Cal dealers are completely sold out. South Bay Lexas sold 18 GS350 F-Sports the first weekend of the lease sale. They said it would be 2 weeks until new inventory arrived. That was as of last Saturday. I really want a Starfire/Cabernet F-Sport combo with Nav/ML/HUD. I could live without the HUD if I didnt have to order the car. If I have to order then I might as well get it the way I want it.
If you're in the market for a lease that's quite a deal. I drive over 20,000 miles per year, so leasing is out of the question.

Ordering is always an option, however it really compromises your ability to negotiate. If I ordered, the option I would like to get that is hard to find is the LDH/DRS (Lexus Dynamic Handling/Dynamic Rear Steering). I have to laugh because when I ask about it, the salespeople have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.
Old 01-08-13, 03:34 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by NewSpace
If you're in the market for a lease that's quite a deal. I drive over 20,000 miles per year, so leasing is out of the question.

Ordering is always an option, however it really compromises your ability to negotiate. If I ordered, the option I would like to get that is hard to find is the LDH/DRS (Lexus Dynamic Handling/Dynamic Rear Steering). I have to laugh because when I ask about it, the salespeople have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.
I am not looking to lease either, but it is a great lease offer. That’s the cause of low inventory. I too am interested in the DRS and my sales guy kept telling me it's included in every F Sport. I tried explaining that it is a separate package and what it did and I just gave up. As far as negotiating the price my local dealer has cars on display at the local Costco and will sell any new GS350 for $500 over invoice to costco members. That is good on special orders also. I know some people have been able to negotiate down to invoice or lower but $500 over is not bad. Then you can negotiate all the add-ons you want like lowering springs.
Old 01-08-13, 04:01 PM
stick22
Driver

my original build that i was looking for was starfire pearl/cab with NAV/ML/HUD/LDH but after checking out the HUD, it didn't seem very necessary. it is super hard to find one with LDH in california. every where i went they said that it was special order option only. in the end i got the exact same color combo and build that i originally wanted, just without the HUD. i just got super lucky and another member on the forum had one ordered but already picked up another 4gs f sport while he was waiting so i took his order.
Attached Thumbnails When does new inventory come in?-photo.jpg  
Old 01-08-13, 04:31 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$499 F-Sport or the regular GS?

it's listed at 499 on lexus.com for regular gs.
Old 01-08-13, 04:31 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by stick22
my original build that i was looking for was starfire pearl/cab with NAV/ML/HUD/LDH but after checking out the HUD, it didn't seem very necessary. it is super hard to find one with LDH in california. every where i went they said that it was special order option only. in the end i got the exact same color combo and build that i originally wanted, just without the HUD. i just got super lucky and another member on the forum had one ordered but already picked up another 4gs f sport while he was waiting so i took his order.
Sorry to jack this thread but how do you like the LDH? my dealer said no one in So. Cal (Santa Barbara to San Diego) had one in stock to test drive. They also said it is only by special order.
Old 01-08-13, 07:05 PM
stick22
Driver

Sorry to jack this thread but how do you like the LDH? my dealer said no one in So. Cal (Santa Barbara to San Diego) had one in stock to test drive. They also said it is only by special order.
the LDH is under rated. you do notice it at higher speeds quickly changing lanes but that doesn't happen often. the best part about it is actually at lower speeds. turning into tight corners to get out of parking lots, u-turns, etc. it really makes the car feel a lot smaller than it is.

i do believe your dealer is correct that the option is a special order only in california. according to the dealership when i picked mine up, there was less than 5 of my exact build (color/options) ever sold in california

it is an expensive option and i can see why most people would not opt for it. if you really think it is worth it and are willing to wait the time, put in an order.
Old 01-08-13, 07:49 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

LDH as in dynamic rear steering?
Old 01-08-13, 07:58 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

I know the East Coast the F-Sport only last about a couple days. The one I purchased was only on the lot for two days before I test drove it and decided I wanted it. We will never have DRS on the cars up here but I did test drive one when they came out and its an amazing feature, I could make a turn and it felt so planted and smooth.
Old 01-08-13, 09:55 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome that you got what you wanted! Are you willing to share what you paid? I am looking for the exact same build.
Old 01-09-13, 03:27 PM
stick22
Driver

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Awesome that you got what you wanted! Are you willing to share what you paid? I am looking for the exact same build.
I have no problem telling you what I paid but people probably won't believe it so I attached a picture. It was 59500 after taxes and fees BEFORE the 1500 incentive from Lexus. So the final price was 58000 exactly.
Attached Thumbnails When does new inventory come in?-photo.jpg  
Old 01-09-13, 03:53 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

yours is a buy?
Old 01-09-13, 04:35 PM
stick22
Driver

Originally Posted by modthispny
yours is a buy?
yea. i purchased it
Old 01-10-13, 09:21 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

yea. i purchased it
Epic deal! Something we can all aspire to.

Quick Reply: When does new inventory come in?