GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS-F vs LS-F

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 08:33 PM
BigAnthony
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, she looks great. Great choice.
Old 02-01-13, 08:35 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

v8 all the way
Old 02-05-13, 06:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

went to Lexus today to see if the 2 TSBs for the trunk was done and to tell them that everything in the car went off incl. the BUC. i was at the machine making a LATTE and a set of keys were placed next to me on the counter. looked up and my boy left the keys to a 2013 LS F Sport... he came back a couple of minutes later and said the plates are on. i just smiled and walked outside...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449605284/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449605284/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449604074/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449604074/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449604778/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8449604778/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8448519067/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8448519067/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
today i drove in manual mode and eco,comfy, normal,sport and sport+. manual, sport+ and normal are the best modes. it shifts like the GS but you do have 2 extra gears to play with (this car gets up). the brakes are very sensitive, and i do mean sensitive. i don't know what the hell they did but a tap is sufficient to really slow this car down. the ML is very good, sounds tighter in the GS. there are tracking dots on the Nav screen, i've seen it on the ES also, we don't have it on the GS. i enjoyed driving the car at 45mph... more than i did when i was driving at 60-70.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 02-05-13 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 06:31 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
went to Lexus today to see if the 2 TSBs for the trunk was done and to tell them that everything in the car went off incl. the BUC. i was at the machine making a LATTE and a set of keys were placed next to me on the counter. looked up and my boy left the keys to a 2013 LS F Sport... he came back a couple of minutes later and said the plates are on. i just smiled and walked outside...

IMG_0478 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

IMG_0480 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

IMG_0483 by sydtoosic, on Flickr
today i drove in manual mode and eco,comfy, normal,sport and sport+. manual, sport+ and normal are the best modes. it shifts like the GS but you do have 2 extra gears to play with (this car gets up). the brakes are very sensitive, and i do mean sensitive. i don't know what the hell they did but a tap is sufficient to really slow this car down. the ML is very good, sounds tighter in the GS. there are tracking dots on the Nav screen, i've seen it on the ES also, we don't have it on the GS. i enjoyed driving the car at 45mph... more than i did when i was driving at 60-70.
Sad to see you go but damn that LS looks good! I knew you were going to make the leap lol. Congrats
Old 02-05-13, 06:47 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

OMG! Way to go Syd! Thats a wild hand off
with the keys. Beautiful rig. Enjoy.
Old 02-05-13, 07:35 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

The more you drive the LS F-sport, the more you like it. The Brembro brakes on the LS F-Sport are really fantastic.
Old 02-05-13, 08:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yardie876
Sad to see you go but damn that LS looks good! I knew you were going to make the leap lol. Congrats
i'm not going anywhere... i didn't buy the car.

Originally Posted by noncom23
OMG! Way to go Syd! Thats a wild hand off
with the keys. Beautiful rig. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by dochusar
The more you drive the LS F-sport, the more you like it. The Brembro brakes on the LS F-Sport are really fantastic.
i'm not going anywhere yet fellas. i just went to check on the GS and pick up my new F Sport plate frames. i was given the keys to the LS and was told to go on another test drive...(they know how much i want that car) this is the 2nd time i was given the keys and told to go drive (by myself) no one else in the car. i was gone for 20 min. came back... drooped off the keys and jumped in the ES loaner and left. i really want it but i'll wait.
Old 02-05-13, 08:41 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Syd, I didn't gather from your post that you bought the car. Did it in any way make you appreciate your GS more or are you still tempted? I know the F-Sport has a different set-up, but I've heard it is still a heavy car and doesn't compare to the driving experience with the GS (except much quieter). What did you think from your test drive?
Old 02-05-13, 09:17 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Syd, they try to seduce you with the LS but you didn't fall for it.

From my point of view, the GS look more aggressive and fit for every driving. While the LS suit for retired people on vacation. And I know the reason why you didn't make the leaf: the all new '15 LS.
Old 02-06-13, 05:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,629 Posts

dochusar, your car looks awesome. congrats!
Old 02-06-13, 05:35 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, so this is why Reading Comprehension was so important in elementary school.
Old 02-06-13, 05:39 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
LOL, so this is why Reading Comprehension was so important in elementary school.
Well I guess I wasn't comprehending
very well myself. Still, I do like the
big car.
Old 02-06-13, 09:32 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Syd, I didn't gather from your post that you bought the car. Did it in any way make you appreciate your GS more or are you still tempted? I know the F-Sport has a different set-up, but I've heard it is still a heavy car and doesn't compare to the driving experience with the GS (except much quieter). What did you think from your test drive?
D... the LS is roomier, (which i like) the car is almost 4700 lbs. but it's fast as ****. i didn't feel the heft or weight of the car while driving, it seems smaller, and it's vault quiet, i could barely hear the piped in exhaust note via resonator. i still love the GS. i'm still tempted although not as much as before. yes, there's some cool tech features in the LS but my GS is fully loaded. do i like it enough to spend 90K. i can do without it, i won't lose any sleep if i didn't buy it. i didn't see a significant difference in the driving experience compared to the GS, except for the 2 extra gears in manual mode(the LS is a rocket in 8th gear). the brakes are very tight and i do mean tight. i don't think i'll be getting rid of the GS yet. i'll buy the LS for the room and i will probably get the base model with a few options. i like them both... (the F Sport and Base) still on the fence.

Originally Posted by onexcite
Syd, they try to seduce you with the LS but you didn't fall for it.

From my point of view, the GS look more aggressive and fit for every driving. While the LS suit for retired people on vacation. And I know the reason why you didn't make the leaf: the all new '15 LS.
yeah... they want my money, is right. the base might be for a certain group but the F sport is for another. then again i always see 60+ drivers pushing porsche GTs, corvettes, nissan GTRs... and most of them are driving, not playing around in the street driving slow and or careful which means if you're a car person no matter what age 60,70,80 you're going to buy what you feel is for you. i for one love to see 60+ crowd pushing GT3, GTR, Vipers etc. but no, oneexcite, i didn't fall for it.

now, now... nobody's perfect.

Originally Posted by noncom23
Well I guess I wasn't comprehending
very well myself. Still, I do like the
big car.
we all have our days...
Old 02-06-13, 09:52 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

I read, read and re-read last night before Syd responded. I felt that he didn't buy the car but I too questioned my reading comprehension since I didn't start until high school.

S,
I'm glad you stick with the GS. LS is nice but the b*tt doesn't do it for me. I was thrilled by the front and body especially when modified though. Maybe when the new body style comes.
Old 02-06-13, 09:58 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the new LS but those sport wheels look like garbage imo! They do nothing for the car.

Quick Reply: GS-F vs LS-F