GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2 Coats of 22PLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 08:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
lol,thanks brotha, this product looks promising.
you're very welcome... and yes, this product is very impressive.
Old 01-10-13, 08:29 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Car looks great!!

Just hit the +" sign on each post that you want to quote and then hit "Post Reply"
This is an easier way to do, Syd. I didn't know about this. But if you want to break up a comment and respond separately, you'll need to break them up with open quote and close quote as I posted.
Old 01-10-13, 10:36 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable. Looks like Laquer times
10. Nice job!
Old 01-10-13, 11:09 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look awesome, syd.

I followed your lead with the HB and now I might try this 22PLE. My wife wants to kill you BTW, for giving me another idea to spend more money.

So, Phil had to strip off the HB with a clay bar and apply the 22PLE afterwards, right? I will probably wait until spring to try it. The Chicagoland cold doesn't co-operate with my wishes to do something like this in the driveway.

The rim shield is waiting for me at home, however. Been gone for ten days in Florida and I can't wait to apply it.

Thanks for the tips, dude.
Old 01-10-13, 01:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
This is an easier way to do, Syd. I didn't know about this. But if you want to break up a comment and respond separately, you'll need to break them up with open quote and close quote as I posted.
just got home... i'll try it in a few. wife bought home a chinchilla. to go with our 2 cats and 1 rabbit. "Calgon take me away". took some sun shots of the car. they're not the best, plus the car is dusty because i can't wash it. well you can wash it after the 8/12 hr. curing, but i choose not to wash it until the 5 day complete curing time, i'm waiting for the coating to completely harden and the gloss level to intensify before i wash it. will post sun shots after i rest a few.
Old 01-10-13, 02:59 PM
Cin8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great Sydtoosic! I just got the HB though and will stick with that. I attached a screenshot here on the easiest way to respond to multiple quotes. HTH!
Attached Thumbnails 2 Coats of 22PLE-multi-quote.jpg  
Old 01-10-13, 03:28 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
just got home... i'll try it in a few. wife bought home a chinchilla. to go with our 2 cats and 1 rabbit. "Calgon take me away". took some sun shots of the car. they're not the best, plus the car is dusty because i can't wash it. well you can wash it after the 8/12 hr. curing, but i choose not to wash it until the 5 day complete curing time, i'm waiting for the coating to completely harden and the gloss level to intensify before i wash it. will post sun shots after i rest a few.
LOL that's not something you hear everyday. Don't feel bad. A cat strolled into my house and didn't leave for 6 months lol.
Old 01-10-13, 06:38 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i know... this pic sucks butt, the car is dusty because of the fact that i have 4 more days before i can wash it. tried to take a decent sun shot without the dust. some one wanted a sun shot to see if i had any swirls in the paint. word to the wise... don't ever put a coating (any coating) on your car without getting the paint corrected first, which is one thing i would never do. what would happen is once the coating dries on uncorrected paint... the gloss the coating leaves will cause the swirls and scratches to become more pronounced, and a lot more visible. i'll post pics after the 4 day wait. this one is just to show no swirls or scratches.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8368001615/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8368001615/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-10-13 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 06:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
Look awesome, syd.

I followed your lead with the HB and now I might try this 22PLE. My wife wants to kill you BTW, for giving me another idea to spend more money.

So, Phil had to strip off the HB with a clay bar and apply the 22PLE afterwards, right? I will probably wait until spring to try it. The Chicagoland cold doesn't co-operate with my wishes to do something like this in the driveway.

The rim shield is waiting for me at home, however. Been gone for ten days in Florida and I can't wait to apply it.

Thanks for the tips, dude.
hey V,,, tell the Mrs. i apologize. it wasn't my intention to have her put out a hit on me.. stay with the HB, it's just another great product we have in our arsenal. the gloss level of 22PLE IMO is better than the gloss level of HB. as for protection i can't comment on the comparison. i've read that the protection of 22PLE is pretty high on the charts. it's your call... get it now and hold it or wait till spring. but i have a feeling you're going to make it do what it do. forgot to answer your question. Phil washed with APC and a citrus based shampoo, then the nano skin auto scrub, (better than a clay bar). you can wash the car in the driveway, but the rest has to be done in your garage. after the application and removal of the PLE your car has to stay in your garage for 8-12 hrs. do not subject your car to the elements during that time.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-10-13 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 07:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cin8
That looks great Sydtoosic! I just got the HB though and will stick with that. I attached a screenshot here on the easiest way to respond to multiple quotes. HTH!
thanx for the help. can't go wrong with HB, i'm just a fanatic about an ultra shiny and clean car, so i try different things. there is one more i may try in another year or so... i have to do more research on it, but i won't be switching any time soon.

Originally Posted by yardie876
LOL that's not something you hear everyday. Don't feel bad. A cat strolled into my house and didn't leave for 6 months lol.
she's in front of the chinchilla cage now. what happened to the cat after the 6 month stay?
Old 01-10-13, 07:08 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

that pic looks good.
Old 01-10-13, 07:14 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thanx for the help. can't go wrong with HB, i'm just a fanatic about an ultra shiny and clean car, so i try different things. there is one more i may try in another year or so... i have to do more research on it, but i won't be switching any time soon.

she's in front of the chinchilla cage now. what happened to the cat after the 6 month stay?
Well we found out it was pimping me and 3 other neighbors and one day he never came back. I guess he like one of the neighbors better lol.
Old 01-10-13, 07:34 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
that pic looks good.
i took a few but that was the one with not much dust, should have used a different angle.

Well we found out it was pimping me and 3 other neighbors and one day he never came back. I guess he like one of the neighbors better lol.
we have about 6 pimp cats in my neighborhood.
Old 01-10-13, 07:40 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks amazing. Will def try this product one day.
Old 01-10-13, 08:33 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Man that shine! I wonder that stuff would look on my LP.
Not as good. Take my word for it. Syd used Hard Body on his Obsidian GS and it looked amazing. I used it on my LP and it shines, but more than that it really just makes the water bead like crazy. It looks great, but with a color like LP it will never bring out the depth. The good thing is I've just gone through 2 days of torrential rains and the car is barely dirty. It's like the dirt won't adhere to the finish. I'm very happy with the Hard Body. Now I'll have to try this new one.

Quick Reply: 2 Coats of 22PLE