GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2 Coats of 22PLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 08:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xuserx04
That looks amazing. Will def try this product one day.
i think you should.

Originally Posted by dseag2
Not as good. Take my word for it. Syd used Hard Body on his Obsidian GS and it looked amazing. I used it on my LP and it shines, but more than that it really just makes the water bead like crazy. It looks great, but with a color like LP it will never bring out the depth. The good thing is I've just gone through 2 days of torrential rains and the car is barely dirty. It's like the dirt won't adhere to the finish. I'm very happy with the Hard Body. Now I'll have to try this new one.
i was asking myself, "D hasn't replied yet"? i value your opinion also. this 22PLE gives you more of a mirror like gloss, IMO it's 2 steps above HB. as posted earlier, i can't comment on the protection yet, but it's very high on the protection scale. the hydrophobic properties surpass that of HB. haven't steered you wrong and i won't... this stuff rocks. HB will always be my 2nd fave. well if you make up your mind Phil has some @DD, don't forget your discount code. i promise i won't switch any time soon. the 22PLE is it for the duration. i can't wait until the 4 day wait time is over.
Old 01-11-13, 02:15 AM
justcrave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to seee after 4 days
Old 01-11-13, 08:07 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i was asking myself, "D hasn't replied yet"? i value your opinion also. this 22PLE gives you more of a mirror like gloss, IMO it's 2 steps above HB. as posted earlier, i can't comment on the protection yet, but it's very high on the protection scale. the hydrophobic properties surpass that of HB. haven't steered you wrong and i won't... this stuff rocks. HB will always be my 2nd fave. well if you make up your mind Phil has some @DD, don't forget your discount code. i promise i won't switch any time soon. the 22PLE is it for the duration. i can't wait until the 4 day wait time is over.
I looked it up on DD and let me tell you Syd, it is so tempting to click "Add to Cart" I'm just afraid of the one way ticket of this product. I'm not a pro detailer. Maybe when I find someone that does this professionally. There is a shop near by that always has high end cars in front of it. I may check it out.

PS: Wash the **** car, Syd. I know you want to. Waiting is painful.
Old 01-11-13, 09:04 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I looked it up on DD and let me tell you Syd, it is so tempting to click "Add to Cart" I'm just afraid of the one way ticket of this product. I'm not a pro detailer. Maybe when I find someone that does this professionally. There is a shop near by that always has high end cars in front of it. I may check it out.

PS: Wash the **** car, Syd. I know you want to. Waiting is painful.
you know me to well my friend... it's killing me not being able to wash the car. the funny thing is that i can wash it after the 8-12 hr. curing time, why i'm choosing to wait the full 5 days which is when it completely hardens and the gloss level is even crazier.... i'll probably give in tomorrow or sunday because it will be in the high 50's and maybe 60. growing weaker by the second. the car has a layer of dust and it's driving me nuts.
Old 01-11-13, 04:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

pic taken by Phil@DD right after polishing and before the 22PLE was applied. perfect paint... no scratches or swirls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8362123127/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8362123127/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
Old 01-11-13, 09:28 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

pic taken by Phil@DD right after polishing and before the 22PLE was applied. perfect paint... no scratches or swirls.

IMG_0388 by sydtoosic, on Flickr
Okay, I will try the 2PPL. I hope you are getting a cut from DD.
Old 01-11-13, 09:51 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Okay, I will try the 2PPL. I hope you are getting a cut from DD.
lol... no cut for me. i'm just one of those fanatics that loves clean cars. i should post pics of all my past vehicles. i was like this all the way back when i was given my fathers white/red 67 pontiac GTO. it's raining today, and i must say that my first review of the hydrophobic properties are positive. the beading is much tighter than HB beading. jumped on the highway and noticed only a few tiny drops of water on the hood. i was in the left lane of the Vanwyck under the air train overpass, looked at the hood and the sides of the car via SV mirrors and the car was damn near bone dry. the wife said the beading looked like very tiny bubbles. i would say... buy it even if you wait until spring to apply it. my main concern was that if my brother ****** up my paint that quick with the HB on, then i was going to need stronger protection for that obsidian. as long as i washed it myself it was fine but when he took the car through the car grinders... it was over for the HB. the combo of the stronger soap and those rubber thingies hitting the car. the HB didn't have a chance. get the 22PLE.
Old 01-12-13, 08:54 AM
Mojo122
Driver

Maybe I should HardBody my wife's ES and 22PLE my GS. I don't think DD should get any new products for Syd to try until I replenish my slush fund.
Old 01-12-13, 02:55 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mojo122
Maybe I should HardBody my wife's ES and 22PLE my GS. I don't think DD should get any new products for Syd to try until I replenish my slush fund.
that's actually a great idea, HardBody the wife (no pun intended). the wife's car and 22PLE your car and do a comparison. sounds like a plan. he won't be getting any more products for me to test. so replenish away.
Old 01-12-13, 03:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

here's a write from the 22PLE ... take a look

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...me-around.html

and yes that's my car.

and here's the HardBody write up...

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...tml#post366755

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-12-13 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-12-13, 03:26 PM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Looking good. Tell Phil to get a real camera and give you back all the money you paid him. Seriously though, he should give you some deal for using your car like this.
Old 01-12-13, 03:51 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Looking good. Tell Phil to get a real camera and give you back all the money you paid him. Seriously though, he should give you some deal for using your car like this.
thanx BN.... photography is foreign to me. i know nothing about lighting, angles etc... i use a camera like a gun... point and shoot. i don't mind paying for excellent service, i like the exposure. he had permission to post the write up.
Old 01-12-13, 08:47 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

lol... no cut for me. i'm just one of those fanatics that loves clean cars. i should post pics of all my past vehicles. i was like this all the way back when i was given my fathers white/red 67 pontiac GTO. it's raining today, and i must say that my first review of the hydrophobic properties are positive. the beading is much tighter than HB beading. jumped on the highway and noticed only a few tiny drops of water on the hood. i was in the left lane of the Vanwyck under the air train overpass, looked at the hood and the sides of the car via SV mirrors and the car was damn near bone dry. the wife said the beading looked like very tiny bubbles. i would say... buy it even if you wait until spring to apply it. my main concern was that if my brother ****** up my paint that quick with the HB on, then i was going to need stronger protection for that obsidian. as long as i washed it myself it was fine but when he took the car through the car grinders... it was over for the HB. the combo of the stronger soap and those rubber thingies hitting the car. the HB didn't have a chance. get the 22PLE.
I'm a fanatic too. When I was in high school, I used to detail cars for my dad's stock broker friends and earn my spending money that way. I loved compounding faded paint finishes and waxing them and returning brand-new looking cars to these guys. They were amazed and paid well for it.

I guess I'm still that high school kid at heart because I'm really particular about my cars. I washed my car on Friday. It poured today, so I washed it again this afternoon because I know tomorrow is going to be sunny. I inherited from my dad. He wouldn't even let me put gum wrappers in the ashtrays of his cars growing up.

Hey, Syd, take care of that back. Don't spend too many hours crouching over your computer!
Old 01-12-13, 09:11 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey V,,, tell the Mrs. i apologize. it wasn't my intention to have her put out a hit on me.. stay with the HB, it's just another great product we have in our arsenal. the gloss level of 22PLE IMO is better than the gloss level of HB. as for protection i can't comment on the comparison. i've read that the protection of 22PLE is pretty high on the charts. it's your call... get it now and hold it or wait till spring. but i have a feeling you're going to make it do what it do. forgot to answer your question. Phil washed with APC and a citrus based shampoo, then the nano skin auto scrub, (better than a clay bar). you can wash the car in the driveway, but the rest has to be done in your garage. after the application and removal of the PLE your car has to stay in your garage for 8-12 hrs. do not subject your car to the elements during that time.
Ok. Thanks!

Washed her today at a self wash place. In this cold that's my only option.

Btw, we have a rabbit, too. No chinchillas yet.
Old 01-12-13, 09:32 PM
Ls400RR
Rookie

Wow that finish looks insane. Super super clean

Quick Reply: 2 Coats of 22PLE