GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2 Coats of 22PLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-13, 10:58 AM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
that's interesting. try CLUB 15, that should work.
That one works. Thanks Syd! Now I just have to wait for the rim shield to come back in stock.
Old 01-19-13, 06:09 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was 45 degrees today. Washed, polished and waxed today. Also put two coats of the Rim Shield on in the garage. That stuff stinks so bad, I had to don a gas mask that I have.

Let's see how well it works for me.
Old 01-19-13, 09:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
It was 45 degrees today. Washed, polished and waxed today. Also put two coats of the Rim Shield on in the garage. That stuff stinks so bad, I had to don a gas mask that I have.

Let's see how well it works for me.
sorry V... forgot to mention the smell
Old 01-20-13, 10:23 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
sorry V... forgot to mention the smell
I read somewhere that the smell was bad, but I didn't know it would be THAT bad.

Anyway, thanks for the tip syd. I'll get back to you on how ell it does.
Old 01-21-13, 05:56 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

22PLE is a great product. But if you wanna DIY, unless you are very good with detailing if not i suggest you let the professionals do it. Read from somewhere how it should be done. I jusst copy & paste :

You should apply 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat in a warm, dry place out of direct sunlight. In all cases, prepare the surfaces you are going to treat in the normal way (wash > decontaminate > polish), and then do a wipe down with an appropriately diluted solution of Reagent Isopropyl Alcohol to ensure all surfaces are squeaky clean. Next, lightly wet either a 22PLE Glass Coat Applicator Pad or a cotton make up pad with a few drops of 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat and begin wiping it evenly onto the first panel, using light pressure and overlapping strokes. You should aim to treat a single panel at a time, because after an initial curing period of 3-5 minutes you must then buff off the (still wet) residue as quickly as possible, i.e. before the glass coat crystallizes. Buffing off is best accomplished with a PB Super Buffing Towel using moderate speed and pressure in order to fully remove the residue and reveal an intense streak-free shine. Using a bright light, check the panel carefully for any smears and remove them before moving on; failure to remove smears fully can result in them hardening to the point of being impossible to remove without machine polishing, so make sure you are very thorough!

After all panels are treated, the car must then be left in a warm, dry place out of direct sunlight for a minimum of 12 hours to allow the glass coat to fully crystallize (you should also avoid washing the car for a further 5 days, while further hardening of the glass coat occurs). Although 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat offers outstanding long-term protection against the elements, it should still be maintained carefully using a mild snow foam and easy-rinse shampoo (Auto Finesse Avalanche and Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo are excellent in this respect). The final really important thing to note is that you must discard all used applicator pads and buffing towels after you complete each treatment (you may even need to change them midway through the application process on a large car). This is because 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat fully crystallizes as it cures (none of the other paint protection products we use and sell do this), and will progressively do so on both applicator pads and buffing towels, forming an ultra hard residue that has the potential to inflict marring or worse. You must therefore keep a close eye on your applicator pads and buffing towels during the application process.
Old 01-21-13, 05:59 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

After application i can't use the car for 12 hrs? What if i drive & it rains after the 12 hours? Think i better stay with Wolf's I dun have a 2nd car
Old 01-21-13, 07:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ronfsp
After application i can't use the car for 12 hrs? What if i drive & it rains after the 12 hours? Think i better stay with Wolf's I dun have a 2nd car
after the application do not drive or expose the car to the elements for 8-12 hrs. it should be done in a garage. if it rains after the initial cure time, you can drive the car and even wash it. i opted for a 2nd coat after the 8-12 hrs. for even coverage. although it's not necessary. if you do it... say at around 6 or 7pm, 8 hrs. later it will be cured. 5 days later it will have completely hardened. you can actually do it yourself, it's just like waxing your car. if i were you i would do 1 panel at a time, wait 5 minutes and wipe off, then start with the second panel etc... the ease of use is one of the reasons why it's a great coating. if you like the HB then stay with that, it's a very good coating also. my car is obsidian and the paint is buttery soft which means i need a vey durable coating to protect it. my brother took my car through a few car grinders which degraded the HB and in turn ******up my paint. and you need to maintain the HB with the nano shampoo and nano QD. with 22PLE you don't have to do that... whoever has the nano shampoo and nano QD, you can use that to wash your car coated with 22PLE and the nano QD can be used also, which is good because it won't go to waste.
Old 01-21-13, 08:04 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I still love the Wolf's Hard Body. I clayed our G37 vert a couple of weeks ago and applied 2 coats of HB. It hasn't been washed since and has gone through rain, sleet and everything else. I used just plain water and a MF cloth to wash it yesterday. Everything came off, the water beaded nicely, and it shines as nice as the day the HB was applied.

My G/F takes it through the car wash "grinder" every 2 months or so, and in between it gets bird crap on the hood and all manner of scratches and crud. After claying and using HB the paint has new depth and it looks showroom new!
Old 01-21-13, 09:26 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
I still love the Wolf's Hard Body. I clayed our G37 vert a couple of weeks ago and applied 2 coats of HB. It hasn't been washed since and has gone through rain, sleet and everything else. I used just plain water and a MF cloth to wash it yesterday. Everything came off, the water beaded nicely, and it shines as nice as the day the HB was applied.

My G/F takes it through the car wash "grinder" every 2 months or so, and in between it gets bird crap on the hood and all manner of scratches and crud. After claying and using HB the paint has new depth and it looks showroom new!
take the keys from her D.... the good thing about the coatings is that if the car isn't cruddy dirty (is cruddy a word) you can rinse it with water and the dust comes right off, then wipe her down and you're done.