GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 07:34 AM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Also, it was listed on the sticker as an option and is on the website as an option, not an accessory.
I stand corrected, it is under accessories on the website.
Old 03-08-13, 10:01 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are the sills both an option and an accessory? I don't like wire splicing and would rather panels not have the clips removed so everything is tight. I have a less than stellar track record with auto makers and don't believe much they say.
Old 03-08-13, 10:52 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
So are the sills both an option and an accessory? I don't like wire splicing and would rather panels not have the clips removed so everything is tight. I have a less than stellar track record with auto makers and don't believe much they say.
The illuminated door sills are accessories.
Old 03-09-13, 11:43 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Had a little snag with my special order, just received a call from my dealer who said my car is in line for production and they rejected my options because you cann just have HUD and Night Vision alone you have to bundle it with the Pre Collision for an additional $2000, I was quite perturbed that this wasnt picked up when I initially ordered the car. so now I have some serious thinking to do, do I want to waste 2K on an option I do not want, cancel the order all together, or try and rebundle the car in another way. So frustrating since I thought my car was being built already
Old 03-09-13, 11:59 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

I'd get a 2014. 13 is almost over.
Old 03-09-13, 12:02 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj4246
I'd get a 2014. 13 is almost over.
True.New order will bring delivery date to around the middle of June.14's out Sept/Oct.
Old 03-10-13, 04:37 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

I called the dealer to cancel my order but ended up getting some great news .... they have a prod date of 3/25 and an expected delivery of 4/25 for my GS. He emailed me a document from Lexus which had all the details on the car (like the sticker) and a VIN associated with the order... he says it is a temporary VIN and is subject to change on 3/25.Knowing specific dates and the ability to track the car from this point on will make it a lot easier for me to wait it out... I am really excited ..can't wait for the end of April..Good luck to others who are also waiting for updates from Lexus .
Old 03-12-13, 11:07 AM
rad-man
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusVet
When I ordered in January I was told the new orders only go in once monthly on the 20th so I f you order on the 21st you will have to wait until the 20th of the next month before it actually goes in. Then Lexus has to accept the order ie if its too late in the model year the may reject the order, I would assume at some point they stop building 2013 and switch to 2014 I just dont know when that is I would assume by July. Good Luck
So to get a 2014 custom ordered, i'd have to wait until it actually gets announced (assuming June 1?) and then go to the dealer, lexus accepts the order June 20th, and then approx 2 months from that date?
That pushes well into September... IF 2014 comes out in June.
Not sure if i can wait that long.........
Old 03-12-13, 01:04 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Dealer called yesterday to tell me that my car has been built and is being delivered in a month. This marked change from last week when I was told that the order hadn't been confirmed and may not be till this summer. I'm not sure if a switch was made, but it sure seems like a quick transition. I also found that the illuminated door sill have already been installed, according to the dealer at the factory. So who knows there. I told them I didn't want them anymore and they said the car already had them.
Old 03-12-13, 06:58 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Dealer called yesterday to tell me that my car has been built and is being delivered in a month. This marked change from last week when I was told that the order hadn't been confirmed and may not be till this summer. I'm not sure if a switch was made, but it sure seems like a quick transition. I also found that the illuminated door sill have already been installed, according to the dealer at the factory. So who knows there. I told them I didn't want them anymore and they said the car already had them.
Wow That was quick I wonder if the dealer had a similar car on order already and they just modified it for you. I just spoke to dealer today I had to drop night vision which I am ok with I had to threaten to call corporate since this costed me a 7 week delay They said they will explain to situation and try to have them expedite the order and they said I could walk away at any time and get my deposit back.
Old 03-12-13, 08:01 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusVet
Wow That was quick I wonder if the dealer had a similar car on order already and they just modified it for you. I just spoke to dealer today I had to drop night vision which I am ok with I had to threaten to call corporate since this costed me a 7 week delay They said they will explain to situation and try to have them expedite the order and they said I could walk away at any time and get my deposit back.
I'm just hoping to not relive the experience I had 2 months ago with a Mercedes order I started. It was he most expensive and bar none worst experience I've ever had ordering a car. First lexus has been good so far. Here is hoping for a repeat. Only issue is the numbers game on the car.
Old 03-13-13, 07:11 AM
rad-man
Rookie

I'm just hoping to not relive the experience I had 2 months ago with a Mercedes order I started. It was he most expensive and bar none worst experience I've ever had ordering a car. First lexus has been good so far. Here is hoping for a repeat. Only issue is the numbers game on the car.
numbers game?
Old 03-13-13, 08:06 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Front sills only?

I think they're feeding you a line shlt. Those aren't installed at the factory.
Old 03-13-13, 08:54 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Front sills only?

I think they're feeding you a line shlt. Those aren't installed at the factory.

They might be because the're not plug and play.The sills have to be wired in but I guess they can do the install at the port..
Old 03-13-13, 09:07 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeb427
They might be because the're not plug and play.The sills have to be wired in but I guess they can do the install at the port..
This is expressly why I wanted them done at factory. Unlike the IS which is plug and play, this car requires all kinds of panels to be removed. I'm going to get clarification on this today when I go get some paperwork on numbers and equipment from them today.

Quick Reply: GS Custom Order Timeframe