GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 09:37 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im almost positive its done at factory, they dont have rear illuminated sills only front, i have them on my gx and it was part of a package done at factory they are a ***** to install yourself they are not plug and play
Old 03-13-13, 12:33 PM
rad-man
Rookie

need a little help.
Just spoke to one of the manager in charge of ordering vehicles, and he stated that the 20th of the month is not a hard date. Meaning that it can range from the 19th-23rd.
And since he placed my order on the 23rd, the order has been "accepted and completed".
In the image below, you can see the status is set as "complete"; however, sources on this site say that the process hasn't begun until a VIN is assigned.. is this accurate?

If possible, i'd prefer to hold off and get a 2014, because why not? I know there wont me many changes...

does anyone have more information on the actual order process?
GS Custom Order Timeframe-zppe0dg.jpg
Old 03-13-13, 02:02 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sales confirmed the sills are port installed. Not a factory add in any way. So if you had sills, it's likely that it was done at port. I took the option off. Save a few bucks and ensure I have no rattles in this car. Still trying to get a good deal on it.
Old 03-24-13, 10:56 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I called my dealer to get a status check... My car is showing an ETA of May instead of April as I was quoted. Ordered in mid January
Old 03-24-13, 11:33 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I honestly think it's a crapshoot on when you get it. The dealer told me my car wouldn't be until May or even August and I ordered a loaded one back at the beginning of Feb. Then I find out it is due to arrive this next month. So, don't put too much stock in the dates they quote you. And if it gets too close, the '14s are right around the corner.
Old 03-24-13, 12:19 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I honestly think it's a crapshoot on when you get it. The dealer told me my car wouldn't be until May or even August and I ordered a loaded one back at the beginning of Feb. Then I find out it is due to arrive this next month. So, don't put too much stock in the dates they quote you. And if it gets too close, the '14s are right around the corner.
that's my fear, is that I will get the car in the end of May first week in June and the 14's will be coming in at the end of the month...
Old 03-24-13, 12:43 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

That's what I expressed to my dealer, then the next week I get a call saying the car was built and that it will deliver in a month. I basically said that I don't want to get the car a month ahead of the next year model. There would be little point in that.
Old 03-24-13, 08:02 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

i hope they rush out the 13 special orders so they can start on the 14 model year I m going to give it another week then call the dealer for a status check I feel like they should be calling me instead
Old 03-24-13, 08:56 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

when did the GS go on sale for ordering/arrive at dealerships. I just hope the 14's don't come till september...
Old 03-24-13, 09:02 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I'm of the same mindset. The 14' isn't that far off, for the term you will own one, why not just give it a few more months.
Old 03-25-13, 08:10 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

I'm 100% certain that one of the members here (who has like 40K posts)...lives near or around Canada, said he saw an early 4GS that had both front and rear illuminated sills, at his nearby dearlership. I have not ever seen one, nor anywhere that even have the part numbers.
Old 03-25-13, 02:07 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

It takes about 28 days for the car to reach the US once it is shipped ... and then another week or two to reach the dealership based on the port and location etc. So, in order for the car to be here by the End of April/Early May , it should be in Production this week or next .. just tell the dealer that if they can't give you the exact Production date or week , you will cancel the order..

Supposedly , once the car is shipped, they give you the name of the ship and you can track it's journey ... can't believe I actually tried to find the list of ships scheduled to leave Tahara over the next 3 weeks and heading for the east coast (hoping my GS will be on one of them)... I believe I have a case of OCD now !!!
Old 03-25-13, 06:39 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I'm being told 2 weeks for it on the water. How can that be? My dealer wants me to sign papers on the car and get a good deal on a '13, but i'm not a fan of buying sight unseen in order to take advantage of the March deals. Granted, April's might not be very good and may make more sense, but I hate being in positions like this. If it isn't finding the right vehicle, it becomes the when to get it. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. Thankfully I am patient as we just got an RX to keep us occupado.
Old 03-25-13, 07:53 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I'm being told 2 weeks for it on the water. How can that be? My dealer wants me to sign papers on the car and get a good deal on a '13, but i'm not a fan of buying sight unseen in order to take advantage of the March deals. Granted, April's might not be very good and may make more sense, but I hate being in positions like this. If it isn't finding the right vehicle, it becomes the when to get it. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. Thankfully I am patient as we just got an RX to keep us occupado.
perhaps put it in writhing if the April deals are better you'll get that rate.. I also wouldn't put any money down before seeing it other then the deposit.
Old 03-25-13, 08:15 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

No money down. First payment is even covered. I'm assuming Lexus has a buyers remorse period with no penalty should the car never even leave the lot should there be some issue that arises. Either way, I've got a good crew working on it for me. Just in a holding pattern right now as a few things get ironed out on this deal and another area.

The dealership has done a good job overall. It's just the process of buying a car. And anything and everything I do is in writing. Only way to do things in this day and age.

Quick Reply: GS Custom Order Timeframe