GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 08:08 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So totally ticked off and I think the dealer dropped the ball but wont admit it, seems like they just approved the order now after over 2 mnths, I think there was a snap with the order and it was in limbo waiting for the dealer to confirm . Anyway no delivery date would be June/July.. I think im going to just buy off of the lot and not at this dealer I think im going to ask for my deposit back.
Old 03-27-13, 07:53 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear that, if you decide to wait for your order just stay on them for updates and keep having them search for cars at other dealers that may meet your needs. You might get lucky
Old 03-27-13, 09:16 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusVet
So totally ticked off and I think the dealer dropped the ball but wont admit it, seems like they just approved the order now after over 2 mnths, I think there was a snap with the order and it was in limbo waiting for the dealer to confirm . Anyway no delivery date would be June/July.. I think im going to just buy off of the lot and not at this dealer I think im going to ask for my deposit back.
I see your from NY, would you mind PMing what dealer you ordered from?
Old 03-27-13, 10:33 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by puckhead85
I see your from NY, would you mind PMing what dealer you ordered from?
couldn't figure out how to PM, so it was Lexus of Rte 10 in New Jersey. So pissed of at them should have been a good experience but I think im going to negotiate something on the lot of another dealership I don't want to even give them my business
Old 03-27-13, 10:44 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

couldn't figure out how to PM, so it was Lexus of Rte 10 in New Jersey. So pissed of at them should have been a good experience but I think im going to negotiate something on the lot of another dealership I don't want to even give them my business
I guess I would start looking around. Are you pressured to buy? If you can't find what you want, just wait for the 14s. In the end, I think you'll be happier with the exact car you wanted. (especially, if you plan on keeping it for the long run)
Old 03-27-13, 10:45 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

New owners at that dealership.It was Warnock Lexus..Maybe that's why you have a problem.

June/July delivery...you're better off getting a '14.
Old 03-27-13, 03:34 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

not really pressured to buy but I do have a trade in that's loosing value since I started this whole process in December. I wont wait until july for a 2013, unfortunately inventory is slim on the east coast especially after the March incentives
Old 03-27-13, 04:33 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

always slim on the east coast when it comes to specialized cars with more options. Thats why its so difficult
Old 03-27-13, 04:45 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

LexusVet - Sorry to hear about your order. I agree ...East Coast is always bad in terms of specific options like ML Audio etc ... not sure if this helps but I was able to locate a Nebula Gray /Flaxen with Lux Pkg./Cold Weather/ML Audio etc in Ohio (Lexus of Dublin) and they were wonderful to work with in terms of price and were even ready to ship it for free... I was about to pull the trigger on that one earlier this month and cancel my custom order (here in MA) when my dealer told me abt the 3/25 prod date on my car and I decided to wait. i also found some Black/Black GSs with similar packages in Chicago ..

Good Luck with your search .... If you get a chance, do make sure that you tell Lexus about your experience .... This whole thing should not be this painful or tough ...
Old 03-28-13, 04:45 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
always slim on the east coast when it comes to specialized cars with more options. Thats why its so difficult
and it's ridiculous with the population in the NE region.I can see no RWD vehicles allotted in this area but other options?
Lexus dealer sales people and managers dislike the lack of options thing too.
Old 03-28-13, 03:04 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joeb427
and it's ridiculous with the population in the NE region.I can see no RWD vehicles allotted in this area but other options?
Lexus dealer sales people and managers dislike the lack of options thing too.
I agree its insane its almost like lexus doesn't even want to sell cars with the higher end options, there are literally no cars heavily optioned on the east coast right now
Old 03-28-13, 06:00 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree it's weird. The dealers, in general, have become very good at trading around amongst each other for the right vehicle. So why not throw a bit of everything into a regional market and let the customers/dealers sort everything out? Makes no sense depriving EVERYBODY of options except those who can afford to wait (and pay) for special order from factory.
Old 03-28-13, 06:49 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I wish we had RWD allotments. I think Lexus corporate decides that. But dealers choose for the most part what inventory they want. The problem is when you get cars with specific options, it will sit on the lot forever until the perfect person finds or wants it. I do agree that it would be good to throw some in the mix for dealer trades. Luckily for us in VA, we are close to NC dealerships who get RWD
Old 03-30-13, 09:47 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Sorry my special order friends but im bailing out, pulled the trigger and bought a car today from another dealership. The incentives and rates were really good and they had a car on the lot. Should be picking it up tuesday or wednesday. Got a Starfire Flaxen luxary package with spoiler and having them swap out to F Sport wheels. Just have to call other dealer for my deposit back.
Old 03-30-13, 10:58 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Sorry my special order friends but im bailing out, pulled the trigger and bought a car today from another dealership. The incentives and rates were really good and they had a car on the lot. Should be picking it up tuesday or wednesday. Got a Starfire Flaxen luxary package with spoiler and having them swap out to F Sport wheels. Just have to call other dealer for my deposit back.
congrats on the new purchase.... hopefully mine will come soon rather then later. I went the to NY auto show on Friday, what a tease it was seeing the GS on display

Which F sports rims are they swapping? The forge or the ones that come with the F Sport package?

Quick Reply: GS Custom Order Timeframe