GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 07:50 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once they load it onto a ship, you should be able to track it, which is kind of entertaining. There are probably better choices, but I found one called MarineTraffic, for the IPhone. It displays a map and updates the ship location every few minutes, assuming it can find your ship. I wasn't able to locate mine until it was near the USA. However, once I was able to track it, I watched it off and on for about 8 hours as it came to the port where my car was unloaded. Then watched it travel from Portland Oregon to Vancouver Canada, while I wait for my car to be delivered. You need the name of the ship, which your dealer can provide.
Old 04-14-13, 08:58 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bohemiangy
My car has finally been built and shipped.. the dealer gave me the vessel details ..shipped 04/02 and expected to arrive in NY the last week of April.. he thinks he can flag the car as "Hot " (not sure what that means) but that would speed things up a bit after it reaches port... at this point , the best case is an End of April delivery and worst case would be first week of May. ( Total time from order to delivery would be around four and a half months).. I am hoping that car will be worth the wait. Will post some pics in a separate thread once I have the car.
I wonder if ours are the same boat. I got an update and was told end of April too....ummm
How many days/weeks until I get call from the dealer to go over accessories etc installed at the Port?

Last edited by puckhead85; 04-14-13 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-13, 08:09 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Congrats guys. I haven't regretted not waiting for my special order. Not yet at least I'm busy enjoying my ride. I can't stop staring at it. Post pics as soon as you get them.
Old 04-17-13, 09:09 AM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

My car is on the "London Highway".... as someone mentioned , marinetraffic seems to be a nice free site for tracking but the ship was pretty much out of range till 4/14 when I was able to see it close to California ..dealer sent me an update yesterday .. car should be in NY on 4/29... looks like it will be the first week of May when I can finally take it home.. I am so excited now that it will be here soon..
Old 04-17-13, 11:43 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

That's great news. Not long now. Just out of curiosity what options caused you to have to order. Mine was APCS, LKA. it'll be we'll worth it when you get it.. I know I don't regret it at all.
Old 04-17-13, 12:33 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

For me I think it was the PCS and the ML... all I know is that the when I spoke with the sale person and said what options I was thinking about he said it would be a special order. (I didn't get the HUD and night view) Which I was fine with because i wanted the car in Mid April (after the snow)
Old 04-19-13, 03:06 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

For me it was the ..PCS,LKA and ML..I was on the fence about HUD and Night View and whether that would help or actually distract .. finally, decided against it.
Old 04-19-13, 04:10 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

For me it was the ..PCS,LKA and ML..I was on the fence about HUD and Night View and whether that would help or actually distract .. finally, decided against it.
I too would find the Hud distracting and my ADD would be watching it instead of the road
Old 04-19-13, 04:34 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
I too would find the Hud distracting and my ADD would be watching it instead of the road
HUD is actually a must have, it is not distracting. i had it on my GS F Sport and loved it, i wouldn't recommend the NV. unfortunately the HUD is not even an option on the LS.
Old 04-20-13, 01:22 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

HUD Was a must-have for me. I do not find it distracts at all. I actually consider it a safety option. You never have to take your eyes off the road. Also shows GPS instructions on HUD so you don't have look away to see instructions. I had it on three previous cars so I knew I wanted it. I guess some love it and some dont.

Last edited by rlj4246; 04-20-13 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-25-13, 07:32 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Bohemiangy, any updates on your car?
Old 04-27-13, 07:16 AM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

Based on marine-traffic, the ship left Jacksonville,FL yesterday and is expected to reach Newark,NJ on 4/28.. I am going to send an email to the dealer today and see if he can expedite the processing once the car reaches NJ (That is what he had claimed earlier). I am hoping that by this time next weekend ,I may be driving the GS but we shall see!! I may do another test drive in the car before picking it up just to make sure there is no Wind Noise ( as some other people have complained about) and also to make sure it did not get damaged/scratched in transit..
Old 04-27-13, 09:41 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went by and looked at the GS I ordered and cancelled on because of being other more pressing needs. But might end up with this car in the end assuming numbers pan out once more. The HUD was interesting and I thought the ML sounded better than others had explained. Still apprehensive about the 6 speed tranny though. But it's a lease and I won't keep the vehicle and instead simply enjoy it for the time frame I do. It was comfortable and sporty at the same time. Just curious if the dealer is going to come through or not on the numbers. Otherwise, might just get a cheap loaner to drive for a while. Couldn't get over the Bridgestone tires they put on these cars. Gonna have a larger tire and stiffer sidewall equipped on the car potentially.
Old 04-27-13, 10:36 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I went by and looked at the GS I ordered and cancelled on because of being other more pressing needs. But might end up with this car in the end assuming numbers pan out once more. The HUD was interesting and I thought the ML sounded better than others had explained. Still apprehensive about the 6 speed tranny though. But it's a lease and I won't keep the vehicle and instead simply enjoy it for the time frame I do. It was comfortable and sporty at the same time. Just curious if the dealer is going to come through or not on the numbers. Otherwise, might just get a cheap loaner to drive for a while. Couldn't get over the Bridgestone tires they put on these cars. Gonna have a larger tire and stiffer sidewall equipped on the car potentially.
My luxury model came with Dunlops which, while better than the Bridgestones, still have more tire noise than I would like...Especially on very smooth asphalt where road imperfections do not mask the sound the tires make.

Even with that, though, I LOVE this car!
Old 04-27-13, 04:51 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Everyone keeps saying that. I declined test driving it today because I simply don't wish to get overly excited for something that seems to have been a challenge from beginning to now. I've got a great sales guy and some of the dealer staff really are great. But numbers also are a big factor and ending the day it felt as though the dealer wasn't exactly needing sales despite my understanding this has been a slow month. So, might be looking out of state or might be looking at a different brand all together for the interim. I'm not sure why car buying is always the most difficult purchase, but a house in my experience has always been much easier, which is odd.

Quick Reply: GS Custom Order Timeframe