Through everything said, the car manufacturers put them there for a reason

enough said.

/endstory
Old 01-27-13, 03:40 PM
KMACK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimonGS
I never wear a seat belt.. My car is to tinted so you wouldn't be able to see if I'm wearing it or not.
Tints not going to save your face bro.....
Old 01-27-13, 04:12 PM
SimonGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its funny how talk right away goes into death... You can also die with a seatbelt.. Why not a roll cage and a 6 point harness.
Old 01-27-13, 04:18 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Its funny how talk right away goes into death... You can also die with a seatbelt.. Why not a roll cage and a 6 point harness.
cars dont need a roll cage and 6 point harness because the manufacturers took time to develop seat belts so that roll cages and harnesses wouldn't be needed
Old 01-27-13, 04:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

point taken... you can die with a seatbelt also. some people are commenting for strictly flaming reasons (you have to admit this thread has FLAME written all over it) and some are genuinely concerned. i've been in 2 situations where a seatbelt definitely saved my life, so i for one am concerned.
Old 01-27-13, 04:49 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
point taken... you can die with a seatbelt also. some people are commenting for strictly flaming reasons (you have to admit this thread has FLAME written all over it) and some are genuinely concerned. i've been in 2 situations where a seatbelt definitely saved my life, so i for one am concerned.
+1 - me too and sorry if I'm coming off as flaming. I've been in a few car accidents (one was a write-off), and I've walked away from each one.

While I'm sure there are insurance, etc effects of others not wearing seatbelts, my comment is purely out of concern. And while death is what everyone is mentioned, being incapacitated is also something that can happen.

Regardless of whether you choose to wear a seatbelt or not, I wish you all the best. Life is too short to be flaming each other .
Old 01-27-13, 05:36 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
+1 - me too and sorry if I'm coming off as flaming. I've been in a few car accidents (one was a write-off), and I've walked away from each one.

While I'm sure there are insurance, etc effects of others not wearing seatbelts, my comment is purely out of concern. And while death is what everyone is mentioned, being incapacitated is also something that can happen.

Regardless of whether you choose to wear a seatbelt or not, I wish you all the best. Life is too short to be flaming each other .

Mehran....Regardless of whether you choose to wear a seatbelt or not, I wish you all the best. Life is too short to be flaming each other

This comment is the main reason why I defended Simon.....not that I agree with his decision....but why some people here have to come down like he just committed a felony or worse. Some people on here cant wait to find something they disagree with so they can throw the gamet at them. And if you have different opinion,mention it once not over/over badgering is needed....drives me crazy. Way too much hating going on in the world and somehow goes on here to. Be safe to ALL ...seatbelt or not !

Last edited by JRey350hou; 01-27-13 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-27-13, 05:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Sure you can, but wearing a seatbelt exponentially improves your chances of surviving an accident. That has beyond been proven, and its just common sense. Just because taking a precaution doesn't 100% remove your risk is not reason to not take the precaution. Its like going into a firefight not wearing a flack jacket because it can be pierced by certain bullets.

I don't care about flaming...I genuinely am aghast that you guys don't wear seatbelts. Life is so precious, and so easily ruined or lost. Have you never had someone you cared about die? Wouldn't you do whatever was within your power to keep that from happening for as long as possible?
Old 01-27-13, 05:50 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

sw10es....your comment -- Yep, I'm done

What happen !
Old 01-27-13, 05:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

He posted something I wanted to respond to. Nobody's flaming anybody...
Old 01-27-13, 05:59 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW10ES
He posted something I wanted to respond to. Nobody's flaming anybody...
but we got it, you made your point over/over/over/over....whats different. Go hug your family !
like the Beatles....LET IT BE !
Old 01-27-13, 06:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If you don't want to read what I have to say, you can always add me to your ignore list. If you don't want to participate in the discussion any more...you don't have to. He posted an additional point about how he could still die while wearing a seatbelt, and I responded to that point with a point of my own. Thats how a discussion works. Not to mention the fact that I said I was done with 1Gunner, not the OP.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-27-13 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-27-13, 06:36 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW10ES
If you don't want to read what I have to say, you can always add me to your ignore list. If you don't want to participate in the discussion any more...you don't have to. He posted an additional point about how he could still die while wearing a seatbelt, and I responded to that point with a point of my own. Thats how a discussion works. Not to mention the fact that I said I was done with 1Gunner, not the OP.
your everywhere....changing lanes like a crazy driver. i hope you spend equal time with all the love ones that need you as you do on here. For your own benefit someone already said ...you win ! Now go find another battle ! And its impossible to ignore all your comments...when you dont stop till Op is exhausted . Not spending any more time with you in conversation,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-27-13, 06:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Not spending any more time with you in conversation,,,,,,,,,,,,
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

In case you haven't noticed, plenty of other people also still participating in this thread.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-27-13 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-27-13, 07:08 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

<-----------Hit a semi-truck/gas tanker going 50mph+ in the rain and I walked away. I'm sure the seat belt played a large part... just saying.

Quick Reply: Best $10 investment