GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 10:05 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
That has to be a Lexus Canada thing...
Nope, it's a Canada thing. Customers are necessary evils in Canada: irritating whiners to be ignored if possible, treated rudely if not, and forever held in contempt. The interesting thing is the different effects it has on customers. Some snarl right back, others meekly accept the treatment, and some go their own way no matter the cost. The OP is one of the latter. You really have to experience it to believe it.

My pet theory is that the over-education of service workers (they all have university degrees) sets up a cognitive dissonance where those performing low-level work expect high levels of respect for their qualifications and, when it is not forthcoming, blame the customer for their own skills mismatch.
Old 03-08-13, 10:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Wow...how frustrating...
Old 03-08-13, 10:54 AM
cwang215
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In regards to the original question, is the rattle kind of a ticking sound? I have also been experiencing a ticking noise/rattle coming from the driver side door. It sounds like it's coming from the seat belt adjuster or in that general area of the interior. I tried adjusting it to different levels and at times it would go away. But after a while it would return. I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing as well.
Old 03-08-13, 07:14 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by williakz
Nope, it's a Canada thing. Customers are necessary evils in Canada: irritating whiners to be ignored if possible, treated rudely if not, and forever held in contempt. The interesting thing is the different effects it has on customers. Some snarl right back, others meekly accept the treatment, and some go their own way no matter the cost. The OP is one of the latter. You really have to experience it to believe it.

My pet theory is that the over-education of service workers (they all have university degrees) sets up a cognitive dissonance where those performing low-level work expect high levels of respect for their qualifications and, when it is not forthcoming, blame the customer for their own skills mismatch.
Thanks for this post. I have always gotten treated rudely at every Lexus dealership I've been to (I serviced my IS300 at 5 different dealerships in the GTA while I was moving around and in school), save for the one near my parents. I always chalked it up to being a 20-something with a nice car and them feeling they could be rude... your post explains some things.

As a note to those wondering and coming to conclusions, I'm actually a pretty nice person, talkative, friendly ,etc. My wife gets annoyed with me because I make friends with strangers in line. My line of business is also 100% customer facing, so maybe that's where part of my frustration comes from (because I just expect good customer service)

On a related note, I took my IS300 in for a TSB when I inherited my IS300 from my parents (lucky me, I know), and the service rep denied me the TSB. He told me that the TSB doesn't exist, and wouldn't budge. Finally, an older gentleman (about 40-50 years old) gave him heck and said "What the *()& are you talking about? You fixed my car for the same issue a few weeks ago? Fix the poor kids car". The service rep grumbled and walked away. But the issue got addressed (reluctantly)

Last edited by mehran888; 03-08-13 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 07:15 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by cwang215
In regards to the original question, is the rattle kind of a ticking sound? I have also been experiencing a ticking noise/rattle coming from the driver side door. It sounds like it's coming from the seat belt adjuster or in that general area of the interior. I tried adjusting it to different levels and at times it would go away. But after a while it would return. I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing as well.
I can't isolate the issue, but it's definitely near the hinge area of the door. I'm almost positive it's on the dash, and below the change compartment. It's not the seatbelt, nor is it the alumnimum trim or window. It's a bit like a rattle, and a bit like a squeek. More on the rattle side though.
Old 03-08-13, 07:51 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
I can't isolate the issue, but it's definitely near the hinge area of the door. I'm almost positive it's on the dash, and below the change compartment. It's not the seatbelt, nor is it the alumnimum trim or window. It's a bit like a rattle, and a bit like a squeek. More on the rattle side though.
M, there was a thread done last year and it sounds as though your problem was in the same spot as his... and if i remember correctly, he fixed it himself. wow, i'm going to search but it was early last year when we purchased our cars. i can't remember the members name. i'm going to try and find it.
Old 03-08-13, 07:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

As a note to those wondering and coming to conclusions, I'm actually a pretty nice person, talkative, friendly ,etc. My wife gets annoyed with me because I make friends with strangers in line. My line of business is also 100% customer facing, so maybe that's where part of my frustration comes from (because I just expect good customer service)
That was not at all a conclusion I would have come to, I can tell from our exchanges on here you are a very nice and friendly person. If anything I'm a little worried about you being too nice to Lexus and the dealer about this!
Old 03-08-13, 08:04 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW10ES
That was not at all a conclusion I would have come to, I can tell from our exchanges on here you are a very nice and friendly person. If anything I'm a little worried about you being too nice to Lexus and the dealer about this!
Thanks Steve! Yeah, I guess I do fall into the third category that the other gentleman mentioned though.

I do get the feeling that Lexus (particularly the main dealership) I'm working with feels like I complain too much. I've had legitimate issues, but I guarantee that's not how they see it.

Will let you guys know what comes of it.

Syd: Please post the thread if you find it. My car was bought in March 2012 and based on the VIN I think it's a VERY early production.
Old 03-08-13, 08:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Stay on them, don't just give up and trade the car and loose your shirt...make them make it right.
Old 03-08-13, 08:24 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Rattle - Sounds like door - Actual Under Dash Fix.... i found it on pg. 47. it's a thread posted by MY13GS350. hope this helps. i also found pics of your car from 3/12. i still don't think anyone else has that color combo.
Old 03-08-13, 08:43 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Rattle - Sounds like door - Actual Under Dash Fix.... i found it on pg. 47. it's a thread posted by MY13GS350. hope this helps. i also found pics of your car from 3/12. i still don't think anyone else has that color combo.
Thanks! I'll look up the thread and read through it. It sounds just like my issue!

The colour combo is unique to the F-Sport in Canada I believe, so I'm hoping that it's the only one I'll ever see. Speaking of pictures of my car, I have to get ready for hand-washing season. I need to find some Wolf's Hardbody in Canada..

Last edited by mehran888; 03-08-13 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 09:32 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I'll look up the thread and read through it. It sounds just like my issue!

The colour combo is unique to the F-Sport in Canada I believe, so I'm hoping that it's the only one I'll ever see. Speaking of pictures of my car, I have to get ready for hand-washing season. I need to find some Wolf's Hardbody in Canada..
you're vey welcome M. i haven't heard of anyone with your combo, like i said back in march 2012... you have an exclusive. i have a bottle of Hard Body 3/4 left, probably a little more than that, don't think i'll be using it again (well not anytime soon anyway). you can have it for free if you want it that will start you off, there's enough left for lots of layering ... let me know.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 03-08-13 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-09-13, 06:41 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you're vey welcome M. i haven't heard of anyone with your combo, like i said back in march 2012... you have an exclusive. i have a bottle of Hard Body 3/4 left, probably a little more than that, don't think i'll be using it again (well not anytime soon anyway). you can have it for free if you want it that will start you off, there's enough left for lots of layering ... let me know.
Thanks for the offer, that's great! Let me PM you to figure out a way to get it. And if there's anything I can ever do to return the favour, let me know!
Old 03-09-13, 06:58 AM
CincyBrad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to call Lexus corporate. The car is under warranty, and can be repaired at ANY Lexus dealer you choose. It does NOT matter if it was taken to another dealer for service, or purchased elsewhere.

Call corporate. The dealer that blew you off will get a not very friendly phone call from someone at the corporate office, you can bet on it.
Old 03-09-13, 07:11 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

He's already called. Remember too he's in Canada, our experience in the US isn't necessarily applicable.

Quick Reply: Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?