I pulled the ole' switcher-roo

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 12:27 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by thedwp
haha...he knows what he wants to see!
And he knows what you are capable of too! Besides the GS we three have another thing in common.
Steve brought up an excellent point. It must be the wood trim.
Old 03-08-13, 12:27 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same color as mine :-)
Old 03-08-13, 12:31 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha, sad to see the other one go, but there's something about these cars in Starfire Pearl that is just so.....right. Congrats on the new-new 4GS!
Old 03-08-13, 01:33 PM
XBimR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedwp
you know...thats a really good point. I think that could be the issue on the interior. Because I really liked the tone of the flaxen, but with the silver, and multiple black finishes, it just doesn't do it for me. The black seats seem to flow so much better with the silver and piano black finishes.
I had a similar visual response. I originally wanted flaxen as my last car had an all black interior. But in person it was too busy to my eye, and the black looked great with the metal trim and all of the contrasts in the fsport.

I also went and looked at them side by side on a sunny and cloudy day. Highly recommend a couple of visits before choosing the color combo.
Old 03-08-13, 07:45 PM
fly2low
Driver

I have a SFP/Black combo on my 4GS non F. I didn't even like white exterior before. Guess what, it is my 3rd SFP in a row: CT, RX F Sport, 4GS.
Old 03-08-13, 08:34 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I think the flaxen really needs the dark espresso wood, for some reason it just doesn't look right with the metal trim on the F-Sport.

I also seriously considered a NG/Flaxen luxury, but the NG and the flaxen didn't go together to me. I think NG goes really well with grey.
Interesting you mention that. My first choice was a Luxury model in NG/Flaxen and for some reason when the light shined on the exterior and interior it looked like purple and yellow to me. I looked at it from every angle and in different lights (drove the salesperson crazy) before I passed on it. That's only my opinion, but I can see how someone else who is OCD like me would be a little afraid of it.

I'm totally happy with LP/Cabernet.
Old 03-08-13, 08:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Yeah I've tried to like NG but its just kind of an odd color.
Old 03-08-13, 10:44 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by dseag2
Interesting you mention that. My first choice was a Luxury model in NG/Flaxen and for some reason when the light shined on the exterior and interior it looked like purple and yellow to me. I looked at it from every angle and in different lights (drove the salesperson crazy) before I passed on it. That's only my opinion, but I can see how someone else who is OCD like me would be a little afraid of it.

I'm totally happy with LP/Cabernet.
props to you for driving the sales guy crazy...so many people (self included) spend more time researching on the web, looking at pictures and so little time at the dealer...when theres absolutely no way to fully capture the full spectrum of the colors. I can see what you mean with the purple and yellow tint. the Flaxen went more orange for me. But i'm a happy camper now.
Old 03-09-13, 06:45 AM
betashave
Driver School Candidate

Nice choice! The wife and I definitely made the sales guy earn his sale. She knew she wanted Starfire Pearl, but was pretty sure she wanted a lighter interior since she had a dark charcoal in her TL for the last seven years. We looked at five different combos between luxury and F sports, grey, flaxen, and black interiors, and drove two of them, over the course of three hours, before deciding on a luxury package with black interior.

On a side note, the salesman was first class all the way, an older gentleman with great patience and and an "at your service" attitude. A stark contrast to our experience at the Mercedes dealership.
Old 03-09-13, 04:00 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice switch, glad you only switched colors and not cars
Old 03-10-13, 12:02 AM
Maseroche
Driver

SFP looks fantastic! Seriously, I haven't seen a bad color combo on the GS yet.
Old 03-13-13, 06:15 PM
jk13gs
Driver School Candidate

Default just picked up mine yesterday

hi to all. previous audi and range rover owner first time lexus owner.
almost pulled trigger, grey on flax but held out for platinum on black. really happy love the combo now just need rims.
Attached Thumbnails I pulled the ole' switcher-roo-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 03-13-13, 08:13 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats, and welcome to the GS Club! Liquid Platinum is the best color!
Old 03-13-13, 11:22 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay you caught me i lied to you. Im not a fan of the flaxen interior at all on any level for numerous reasons the two most important being looks and durability. Flaxen does not work in f sport imo. I do like the ng better then the starfire though. If i could do things over again i would of picked the ng becuase this soft obsidian paint is impossible. (taking the griots garage da to it tomorrow). From what ive experienced younger friends of mine ( i am 26) love the nebula grey. Flat colors are in right now. The older folks tend to hate the ng and prefer a gloss finsish (my father is one of them). Just my two cents either way i like this color combo better. As others have asked what did the dealer charge ?
Old 03-14-13, 09:22 AM
bigblack06
Forum Moderator

Received 327 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Congrats, and welcome to the GS Club! Liquid Platinum is the best color!
+1 it is the best And congrats jk13gs

Quick Reply: I pulled the ole' switcher-roo