GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I pulled the ole' switcher-roo

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 11:49 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I pulled the ole' switcher-roo

As some of you know last week I picked up a 4GS F Sport- Neb Gray / flaxen....which was nice. but there was just something about it that wasn't jiving. It's a beautiful color inside and out, but for some reason I wasn't settled with it. So tonight, I swapped it for a Starfire Pearl w/black. I can't really explain it other than I just wasn't happy with that combo, and for a major purchase like this I needed to feel at peace with my choice.

So, lesson learned....spend more time at the dealership physically comparing everything! It's easy to just test drive a car for a couple of minutes, walk around, kick the tires and then sign the dotted line. Don't get me wrong, I did extensive research on-line but nothing replaces actual time with the car.

here's the first shot while still at the dealership...I will post more when I get a chance to shoot them.
Attached Thumbnails I pulled the ole' switcher-roo-gs350-w44.jpg  

Last edited by thedwp; 03-07-13 at 11:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add photo
Old 03-08-13, 03:08 AM
Igor911
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same combo I went with Out of curiosity, how much did you lose on the old one?
Old 03-08-13, 04:15 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same is on order for me. Just got a white RX f sport and it's a great color. Just waiting on auto geek to send me polish and sealant for the car.
Old 03-08-13, 04:56 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thedwp
As some of you know last week I picked up a 4GS F Sport- Neb Gray / flaxen....which was nice. but there was just something about it that wasn't jiving. It's a beautiful color inside and out, but for some reason I wasn't settled with it. So tonight, I swapped it for a Starfire Pearl w/black. I can't really explain it other than I just wasn't happy with that combo, and for a major purchase like this I needed to feel at peace with my choice.

So, lesson learned....spend more time at the dealership physically comparing everything! It's easy to just test drive a car for a couple of minutes, walk around, kick the tires and then sign the dotted line. Don't get me wrong, I did extensive research on-line but nothing replaces actual time with the car.

here's the first shot while still at the dealership...I will post more when I get a chance to shoot them.
I feel SFP/Black is a great color combo.
Old 03-08-13, 06:57 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice. I guess Flaxen is not for everyone. I felt in love with it the minute I sat inside the car. They let me keep another car with same interior over night to try out. Signed the paper the next day. I agree with you on the physical part. I did lots of research on my own and got lots of good feedback from this forum but I didn't really check other colors they offer on the GS/GS FS. Still in love the Flaxen but if I had seen Cabernet on F Sport on that day, I might have ended up with one. I don't regret about the combo I got though.
When you get a chance, please shoot more and share your expertise with us. I would want to request some pictures of the car at night with SoCal city light if possible.
Old 03-08-13, 08:12 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

well... congratz again. the SP/BLK is a classic combo, can't go wrong with that combo. the interior and exterior are so much easier to maintain. did you kick the tires this time ????
Old 03-08-13, 08:14 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Nice. I guess Flaxen is not for everyone. I felt in love with it the minute I sat inside the car. They let me keep another car with same interior over night to try out. Signed the paper the next day. I agree with you on the physical part. I did lots of research on my own and got lots of good feedback from this forum but I didn't really check other colors they offer on the GS/GS FS. Still in love the Flaxen but if I had seen Cabernet on F Sport on that day, I might have ended up with one. I don't regret about the combo I got though.
When you get a chance, please shoot more and share your expertise with us. I would want to request some pictures of the car at night with SoCal city light if possible.
you'll have to excuse BN, he can be so demanding with his requests.
Old 03-08-13, 08:24 AM
BigAnthony
Rookie

Nice combo, congratulations. I got the SP/Flaxen but was originally looking for the Black interior as I had an 07 GS SP/Beige and it got dirty on the floor and lower carpet. I was glad they went with the black floor carpet and black everything except the seat surfaces and the door panels and it looks great and will stay much cleaner over time I'm sure. Given that, your combo is classic and classy and looks super and stays the cleanest looking. Enjoy.... more pics please.
Old 03-08-13, 09:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

I think the flaxen really needs the dark espresso wood, for some reason it just doesn't look right with the metal trim on the F-Sport.

I also seriously considered a NG/Flaxen luxury, but the NG and the flaxen didn't go together to me. I think NG goes really well with grey.
Old 03-08-13, 09:36 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Yeah I wish I spent more time but it was the last day for the incentives and I probably thought maybe the next car I'll take the time. I've been been through 4 cars all Lexus and it's always a spirit of the moment. I say it's hard to get it right you always find that one thing you still want and didn't get. Glad your happy with this one!
Old 03-08-13, 10:12 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Yep, I went in about 3 days before the end of the month, so I had a little time...
Old 03-08-13, 12:14 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you'll have to excuse BN, he can be so demanding with his requests.
haha...he knows what he wants to see!
Old 03-08-13, 12:17 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yeah I wish I spent more time but it was the last day for the incentives and I probably thought maybe the next car I'll take the time. I've been been through 4 cars all Lexus and it's always a spirit of the moment. I say it's hard to get it right you always find that one thing you still want and didn't get. Glad your happy with this one!
yeah thats what happend to me, I went in at 8PM on the last day of the incentives and felt a little rushed. I thought I knew what I wanted.
Old 03-08-13, 12:19 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

did they charge you anything to swap it out?
Old 03-08-13, 12:20 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I think the flaxen really needs the dark espresso wood, for some reason it just doesn't look right with the metal trim on the F-Sport.

I also seriously considered a NG/Flaxen luxury, but the NG and the flaxen didn't go together to me. I think NG goes really well with grey.
you know...thats a really good point. I think that could be the issue on the interior. Because I really liked the tone of the flaxen, but with the silver, and multiple black finishes, it just doesn't do it for me. The black seats seem to flow so much better with the silver and piano black finishes.

Quick Reply: I pulled the ole' switcher-roo