GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Trunk hard close TSB done even though my vin# was out

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 01:35 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk hard close TSB done even though my vin# was out

I took my car in for the 5k and brought the trunk hard close TSB print outs with me. I brought the concern up to my service adviser.

While making our way to the trunk, he informed me that my vin was out of the the applicable range for the TSB. I opened the trunk and asked him to close it. He opened and closed it a few times, and very simply told me that regardless of the vin, my trunk definitely needs to be taken care of. And so they did. I am very pleased.

The trunk used to fly up when lifted and bounce cheaply before settling, and like many have experienced, it required an unpleasant amount of force to close.

The trunk now opens softly and slowly. It requires to be lifted about half way, and then it takes it from there. It settles to a stop quite nicely in comparison to how it used to before, and it does take much less force to close. It feels and sounds much more solid now.

I am very happy with the TSB repair. the only way the trunk could be better, is if it were in fact automatic like the RX loaner they gave me. Man I love that trunk and those folding mirrors!

Anywho, just wanted to share my experience so that those of you with a trunk closing issue, but the wrong vin numbers, will not be discouraged from bringing it up to the service adviser. They happily preformed the TSB for me.

Cheers!

Last edited by bentleymp2; 03-08-13 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 01:45 PM
GSFSport13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
I took my car in for the 5k and brought the trunk close TSB print outs with me. I brought the concern up to my service adviser.

While making our way to the trunk, he informed me that my vin was out of the the applicable range for the TSB. I opened the trunk and asked him to close it. He opened and closed it a few times, and very simply told me that regardless of the vin, my trunk definitely needs to be taken care of. And so they did. I am very pleased.

The trunk used to fly up when lifted and bounce cheaply before settling, and like many have experienced, it required an unpleasant amount of force to close.

The trunk now opens softly and slowly. It requires to be lifted about half way, and then it takes it from there. It settles to a stop quite nicely in comparison to how it used to before, and it does take much less force to close. It feels and sounds much more solid now.

I am very happy with the TSB repair. the only way the trunk could be better, is if it were in fact automatic like the RX loaner they gave me. Man I love that trunk and those folding mirrors!

Anywho, just wanted to share my experience so that those of you with a trunk closing issue, but the wrong vin numbers, will not be discouraged from bringing it up to the service adviser. They happily preformed the TSB for me.

Cheers!
Good to hear! where do you find the TSB's
Old 03-08-13, 01:52 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Another member posting this:

http://revbase.com/bbbmotor/

I think it's a great link!
Old 03-14-13, 08:54 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

I had this trunk TSB done yesterday. I've only had a chance to open/close the trunk once. The trunk isn't any easier to close, but it is better when opening. Whatever. I rarely get anything in/out of my trunk. Waste of resources in my opinion. Really the only reason I had it done was because I had the car in for 5,000 mile service and figured, may as well.
Old 03-14-13, 12:13 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Yeah, if you're in for your 5k, it certainly can't hurt.

Similar to how everyone's trunk is different (some harder to close than others), I'd imagine the results of the TSB may vary just as much.