GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Interior night pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 10:38 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the ambient light on the door is not bright enough when shifting to D.
The brightness in P is fine, but it's too dark to see in D.
Old 03-09-13, 10:50 PM
betashave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by teejs
Thanks! The clock looks good! I have a random question - is it possible to change the color of the screen from blue to something else?
I haven't seen an option to change from blue, but I'm not 100% sure. I think there is an option to change the color of the buttons on the screen.
Old 03-10-13, 01:17 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Are you a photographer, you get these great shots, talking about the first pic, really nice.
only as a hobby, but never tried to shoot cars before. Now I have a good subject to play with!
Old 03-10-13, 03:02 PM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by louisp_p
Learned something new. I didn't know that the brightness changed. Guess it makes sense that it dims while driving.
Old 03-27-13, 11:20 PM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by louisp_p
So I finally drove the GS again, this time at night. And honestly, I wasn't wowed by the interior ambient lighting. As you mentioned, I could hardly see the light on the doors. Maybe I was expecting too much. I just remember when I first got my 2001 BMW 325i, and then even when I got my current 06 Mini, I found the red glow really cool. Maybe I just prefer the red glow. Even the dash lighting seemed too dim, but thats probably it was set that way and can be adjusted.....right?

The GS though still remains the top contender because of the overall package. I do wish I could wait longer for the 2014 GS, the new CTS, and the LCI 5-series to get here (and maybe even the Infiniti Q50, but that will be a bit smaller), because then things will probably get more interesting...
Old 03-27-13, 11:46 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Originally Posted by teejs
So I finally drove the GS again, this time at night. And honestly, I wasn't wowed by the interior ambient lighting. As you mentioned, I could hardly see the light on the doors. Maybe I was expecting too much. I just remember when I first got my 2001 BMW 325i, and then even when I got my current 06 Mini, I found the red glow really cool. Maybe I just prefer the red glow. Even the dash lighting seemed too dim, but thats probably it was set that way and can be adjusted.....right?

The GS though still remains the top contender because of the overall package. I do wish I could wait longer for the 2014 GS, the new CTS, and the LCI 5-series to get here (and maybe even the Infiniti Q50, but that will be a bit smaller), because then things will probably get more interesting...
Wish we can change the light source that hide inside the door panel to make it brighter. I don't believe the brightness of the ambient light would bother the driver.
Test drive benz e and cls class once and was quite impressive with the door ambient light. I think that is the brightness we should have in our car!