GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

First Long Distance Trip!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-13, 09:30 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW if u bent the rims, the GS F-sport with its firm suspension will transmit vibration easily into the seat and headrest 70 plus mph.
Old 03-17-13, 09:35 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
BTW if u bent the rims, the GS F-sport with its firm suspension will transmit vibration easily into the seat and headrest 70 plus mph.
Sounds about right, as I heard so many bad noises when I hit that pothole. I got a pic but can't post it from my phone.
Old 03-17-13, 11:00 AM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been living in manhattan for the last 20 yrs and I am very much aware of potholes to the point that I'm tired of going around them. So I just go throughout them but I have 18" and that's not as bad as the 19" rims.

I hope Bloomberg is reading this... It's shameful for NY to have so many bad roads! Stop calling ny "the capital of the world" until we get normal roads to drive on!! It's understandable the challenge but enough of this underdeveloped-world kind of roads!

Ok, I feel better now...

By the way, this afternoon I saw a rare good looking LP 4gs moving on amsterdam ave near the Lincoln center. I wonder who might that be...
Old 03-17-13, 02:03 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While visiting my parents in Manhattan, I slightly bent my F Sport rim. Now these Jersey guys want to charge me $120 to fix a bend you can hardly see. My air pressure never went down and my car rides the same, so I know my bend is just cosmetic. This is the reason why I will never do 20"'s as long as I will drive to NYC.
Old 03-17-13, 05:52 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Leo23
I have been living in manhattan for the last 20 yrs and I am very much aware of potholes to the point that I'm tired of going around them. So I just go throughout them but I have 18" and that's not as bad as the 19" rims.

I hope Bloomberg is reading this... It's shameful for NY to have so many bad roads! Stop calling ny "the capital of the world" until we get normal roads to drive on!! It's understandable the challenge but enough of this underdeveloped-world kind of roads!

Ok, I feel better now...

By the way, this afternoon I saw a rare good looking LP 4gs moving on amsterdam ave near the Lincoln center. I wonder who might that be...
If it had a vinyl black front bumper and red sox plates could have been me. The roads are really bad, I thought Boston roads were bad, NY tops the list. Car was just washed and cleaned as well as the wheels coming back I averaged 21mpg a little better coming back. Here is a pic of the tire the hit the pothole.
First Long Distance Trip!-photo.jpg
Old 03-17-13, 06:18 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
If it had a vinyl black front bumper and red sox plates could have been me. The roads are really bad, I thought Boston roads were bad, NY tops the list. Car was just washed and cleaned as well as the wheels coming back I averaged 21mpg a little better coming back. Here is a pic of the tire the hit the pothole.
Attachment 276415
looks like the tire took the brunt of it. the wheel looks fine.
Old 03-17-13, 08:33 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey folks, out of curiousity, can't you get the city or state to cover the repairs? In Canada we can file for them to cover repairs caused by potholes. I've never done it myself, but my dad did successfully a few years back. Or maybe the process is there but it's just too much of a pain?

Found this for NYC: http://www.comptroller.nyc.gov/burea...mage_claim.pdf
Old 03-17-13, 08:38 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Hey folks, out of curiousity, can't you get the city or state to cover the repairs? In Canada we can file for them to cover repairs caused by potholes. I've never done it myself, but my dad did successfully a few years back. Or maybe the process is there but it's just too much of a pain?

you can if you have the time and money to go ahead and basically sue the city (intensive, expensive process)
Old 03-17-13, 08:46 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

long drawn out process... most people just say ****it and keep it moving. but eventually you will be reimbursed... eventually.
Old 03-17-13, 09:18 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's too long of a process, but I would put a fight for better roads. As now it's brutal...

Bigblack06, if that was you, you passed me (obsidian) while I was making a right on 66th street. I slowed down because I saw a beautiful shiny clean modern looking car through the rear view mirror... Small world.
Old 03-18-13, 04:22 AM
bigblack06

Yeah, in Boston same thing can figure that NY would say forget about it. It's the city's money paying you so good luck. Yeah the tire did take most of the pain but it could have been worse. Naw Leo23 I'm Liquid Platinum(Silver) not obsidian.
Old 03-18-13, 07:10 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yeah, in Boston same thing can figure that NY would say forget about it. It's the city's money paying you so good luck. Yeah the tire did take most of the pain but it could have been worse. Naw Leo23 I'm Liquid Platinum(Silver) not obsidian.
Leo's car is obsidian, he said he slowed down after he saw a LP.
Old 03-18-13, 07:23 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Leo's car is obsidian, he said he slowed down after he saw a LP.
Lol, Oh thought he was talking about the car he saw.
Old 03-18-13, 08:10 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
you can if you have the time and money to go ahead and basically sue the city (intensive, expensive process)
"Sue" the city?

The process in Canada is a bit drawn out, but my dad got paid in 2-3 months.

Not sure it would classify as suing the city in either case or cost you any money out of pocket though. Maybe the process in the US is that different.

Understood everyone else's comments about it being a pain in the butt/drawn out process.
Old 03-18-13, 12:04 PM
bigblack06

"Sue" the city?

The process in Canada is a bit drawn out, but my dad got paid in 2-3 months.

Not sure it would classify as suing the city in either case or cost you any money out of pocket though. Maybe the process in the US is that different.

Understood everyone else's comments about it being a pain in the butt/drawn out process.
Not sure for NY but in Boston you have to pay for the damage first and then you are reimbursed, usually it takes longer than 3-6 months my friend waited about 9 months before he received anything.

Quick Reply: First Long Distance Trip!