Originally Posted by samfink
I got it to work as well...here are the exact steps:

1). Turn on Lexus GS
2). Wait 10 seconds for iPhone to connect to Bluetooth
3). Make sure that Lexus Enform iPhone app is enabled
4). Plug in iPhone to USB connector.
5). Press "Music" app on the iPhone
6). Begin to play a song.
7). In the lower right corner of the iPhone screen, you will see a small white box that looks like it has an arrow going through it. Tap the box, and you get two choices appearing on the screen. One says "iPod connector" (I think), the other one says "Car Multimedia". Tap the "Car Multimedia" choice. This apparently forces the iPhone to connect with bluetooth only, leaving the USB port to act simply as a charger. I think after you do this that the small white box that you previously tapped turns orange.
8). Go to the apps screen...you should have no problem playing either Pandora or iHeart Radio....and actually hearing the audio!
9). If you would rather play iPhone music, this is easily accessible from the Bluetooth (BT) option on the Lexus main audio menu, at the top of the screen.

The iPhone software version I am running...on an iPhone 4s is 6.1.3

Hope this is helpful!
You explained it better than I did. Thanks!
Old 05-07-13, 03:00 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got it to work as well...here are the exact steps:

1). Turn on Lexus GS
2). Wait 10 seconds for iPhone to connect to Bluetooth
3). Make sure that Lexus Enform iPhone app is enabled
4). Plug in iPhone to USB connector.
5). Press "Music" app on the iPhone
6). Begin to play a song.
7). In the lower right corner of the iPhone screen, you will see a small white box that looks like it has an arrow going through it. Tap the box, and you get two choices appearing on the screen. One says "iPod connector" (I think), the other one says "Car Multimedia". Tap the "Car Multimedia" choice. This apparently forces the iPhone to connect with bluetooth only, leaving the USB port to act simply as a charger. I think after you do this that the small white box that you previously tapped turns orange.
8). Go to the apps screen on the Lexus...you should have no problem playing either Pandora or iHeart Radio....and actually hearing the audio!
9). If you would rather play iPhone music, this is easily accessible from the Bluetooth (BT) option on the Lexus main audio menu, at the top of the screen.

The iPhone software version I am running...on an iPhone 4s is 6.1.3

Hope this is helpful!
This procedure still did not work for me. The problem is my iphone connects fine via BT. This procedure basically allows playback via BT .. BUT not by controlling it through ENFORM app in the car.

The ENFORM app shows pandora paused even though it is playing at different song controlled by connected iphone.
Old 05-07-13, 03:20 PM
samfink
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
This procedure still did not work for me. The problem is my iphone connects fine via BT. This procedure basically allows playback via BT .. BUT not by controlling it through ENFORM app in the car.

The ENFORM app shows pandora paused even though it is playing at different song controlled by connected iphone.
Please make sure that you have updated to the latest version of the iPhone software (6.1.3). Additionally, when you press "Music" on your iPhone, make sure it is actually playing a song (not paused) when you press the white box with the arrow inside (lower right hand corner). I found, that if the song is paused for some reason, that the Pandora app doesn't work either when you switch to it on the Lexus. Note that we are talking about the Pandora app on the Lexus, NOT the one in the Enform app on your iPhone...hope this helps!
Old 05-07-13, 05:22 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Please make sure that you have updated to the latest version of the iPhone software (6.1.3). Additionally, when you press "Music" on your iPhone, make sure it is actually playing a song (not paused) when you press the white box with the arrow inside (lower right hand corner). I found, that if the song is paused for some reason, that the Pandora app doesn't work either when you switch to it on the Lexus. Note that we are talking about the Pandora app on the Lexus, NOT the one in the Enform app on your iPhone...hope this helps!
This is correct, but you need to have the Enform app open on your iPhone. You can close the iPhone music app once Enform is playing. I do this daily, and it is very helpful, as streaming music to the Enform app really drains the iPhone battery.
Old 05-07-13, 06:09 PM
samfink
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ECL
This is correct, but you need to have the Enform app open on your iPhone. You can close the iPhone music app once Enform is playing. I do this daily, and it is very helpful, as streaming music to the Enform app really drains the iPhone battery.

However, if you are connected to the USB port, and follow the steps I've outlined above, you can still use Pandora or iHeart Radio, while charging your phone at the same time.
Old 05-07-13, 06:20 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

However, if you are connected to the USB port, and follow the steps I've outlined above, you can still use Pandora or iHeart Radio, while charging your phone at the same time.
That is what I was referring to. I was just saying that once you have set your preference for the Bluetooth output on the iPhone, you can close the music app, and the audio (Pandora or iHeart) runs through the Enform Audio system of the GS.
Old 05-07-13, 06:28 PM
samfink
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ECL
That is what I was referring to. I was just saying that once you have set your preference for the Bluetooth output on the iPhone, you can close the music app, and the audio (Pandora or iHeart) runs through the Enform Audio system of the GS.
Sounds reasonable...it is always better to use less resources on the phone...I will try it....thanks!