GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Tpms suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 08:35 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms suggestions please

Called Lexus a few minutes ago to get part numbers for our tpms sensors... I was told that they can not give part numbers over the phone and that they cost 131.13 a piece!!! What!?!

Does anyone know the part number for our oem tpms sensors?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for aftermarket ones that would be good purchase?

I would like my aftermarket wheels to have their own set so I can freely switch between wheels.

Thank you!
Old 04-16-13, 08:50 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm not sure if this helps or is even the exact part but it is listed at $84.52 after the CL discount. That's a lot better than $131.13 each. I know there are a few threads floating around CL regarding aftermarket TPMs that are compatible with the GS so I suggest searching for them too. Good luck.
Old 04-16-13, 09:12 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
Called Lexus a few minutes ago to get part numbers for our tpms sensors... I was told that they can not give part numbers over the phone and that they cost 131.13 a piece!!! What!?!

Does anyone know the part number for our oem tpms sensors?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for aftermarket ones that would be good purchase?

I would like my aftermarket wheels to have their own set so I can freely switch between wheels.

Thank you!
I'm not sure about the GS, but my last car was only capable of having one set of TPMS paired to it at a time.

That meant that after swapping wheels, a trip the dealership was needed to match the sensors up to the car.

I'd also work with another dealership. I've never been told that they don't give part numbers over the phone.
Old 04-16-13, 10:20 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

The kit I ordered was 4260730060KIT.
Old 04-16-13, 10:48 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Part #: 42607-30060

Last time I checked on Sewell their price is $76/a piece.
Old 04-16-13, 02:28 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yardie876
I'm not sure if this helps or is even the exact part but it is listed at $84.52 after the CL discount. That's a lot better than $131.13 each. I know there are a few threads floating around CL regarding aftermarket TPMs that are compatible with the GS so I suggest searching for them too. Good luck.
Thank you. I will search for some threads because I am def leaning towards aftermarket if at all possible. These oem prices are too high. I can check the air pressure myself from time to time. I just don't want the tpms light on.

Originally Posted by terrycs
I'm not sure about the GS, but my last car was only capable of having one set of TPMS paired to it at a time.

That meant that after swapping wheels, a trip the dealership was needed to match the sensors up to the car.

I'd also work with another dealership. I've never been told that they don't give part numbers over the phone.
This is the first time anyone ever, at any dealer, has told me they can not give me a part number. Oh well...probably get a a different response from someone else even at the same dealer. I will call elsewhere with future questions though.

If it is true that only one set can be paired, I would not even waste any energy getting a new set for the aftermarket rims. I do not like things that add to my "must do" list. Going to the dealer all the time is not my idea of fun.

A friend at Firestone did tell me that they have snap-on tool to pair the sensors up though. All of this is just kind of a pain. I was hoping to have both sets paired up and be free to switch wheels as I please.

What to do, what to do...

Originally Posted by Outrage
The kit I ordered was 4260730060KIT.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by onexcite
Part #: 42607-30060

Last time I checked on Sewell their price is $76/a piece.
Thank you!
These prices seem to be so longer.

Last edited by bentleymp2; 04-16-13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-16-13, 02:42 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Discount tire can actually program sensors for you for $40 bucks a wheel.
Old 04-16-13, 03:40 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Just walked into a Firestone close to work, and was advised of something else that makes all of this even more annoying lol:

They said even If I take the tpms from my stock wheels and place them in my aftermarket wheels, I will still need to reprogram them because the tire pressure recommended between my 18s and 20s is different.

Truth?
Old 04-16-13, 03:45 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
Just walked into a Firestone close to work, and was advised of something else that makes all of this even more annoying lol:

They said even If I take the tpms from my stock wheels and place them in my aftermarket wheels, I will still need to reprogram them because the tire pressure recommended between my 18s and 20s is different.

Truth?
The recommended pressure in my 20" rims now is around 37-38. The tire shop took the TPMs and installed them directly in the new rims and probably used the button under the dash to set the new standards as they were working without any lights on the dash on.
Old 04-16-13, 06:03 PM
loki312
Driver School Candidate

i just ordered a set of CV4's and will switch out my TPMS from my stock wheels. i was told that the GS cannot handle 2 different TPMS systems (which is what I originally wanted to do).

Good point about resetting the pressure for the new wheels - I hadn't even thought about that. I will make sure to point that out to the installers when My wheels come in.
Old 04-16-13, 06:20 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

I think I have decided to leave the tpms in my stock wheels and just live with the tpms light on while the 20s are on.

That's where I'm at with it for the next 5 minutes at least...
Old 04-16-13, 09:53 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

For a $15 fee, you can access the online service manuals for 2 days. I can't say for sure, but maybe you can find the part numbers there:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F
Old 04-16-13, 09:59 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by larryinWA
For a $15 fee, you can access the online service manuals for 2 days. I can't say for sure, but maybe you can find the part numbers there:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F
For future use, it's helpful to know that I can access the service manuals that way. Thank you for that!

In two of the previous posts, the part numbers were provided.
Old 04-16-13, 10:56 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The GS can only take 1 set of sensor (max 5 sensor) at a time. Confirm by Techstream.

If you need to set the pressure for the new wheels just press and hold the SET button under the dash until it blink and that it.

If you get a chance to swap your original sensor to the new wheels, wire down all of your sensor ID code for future use (7 characters like this example: 01D5E26). The tire sensor can be program easily by any tire shop for free, it will take them like 5 minutes max to do all four or you can google how to do it and buy a device to DIY for less than $100. Don't let them rip you off since they knew you drive a nice car.
Old 04-17-13, 06:06 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onexcite
The GS can only take 1 set of sensor (max 5 sensor) at a time. Confirm by Techstream.

If you need to set the pressure for the new wheels just press and hold the SET button under the dash until it blink and that it.

If you get a chance to swap your original sensor to the new wheels, wire down all of your sensor ID code for future use (7 characters like this example: 01D5E26). The tire sensor can be program easily by any tire shop for free, it will take them like 5 minutes max to do all four or you can google how to do it and buy a device to DIY for less than $100. Don't let them rip you off since they knew you drive a nice car.
This is very helpful information! I really appreciate it, thank you!

Quick Reply: Tpms suggestions please