GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS and VIP Scene...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 09:17 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4GS and VIP Scene...

Sup CL gang! Haven't posted here in a while. I was just looking at available parts 4GS and not a lot of support from the VIP style of parts, back when the 3GS came out my older brother bought one and there was a ton of VIP support immediately. But I think know why there isn't a lot of support because the body lines are more aggressive and angular than the previous 3 generations of the GS that were more rounded and bubbly. So what's your guys take???
-MjThind

Last edited by MjThind; 04-26-13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-26-13, 10:08 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MjThind
Sup CL gang! Haven't posted here in a while. I was just looking at available parts 4GS and not a lot of support from the VIP style of parts, back when the 3GS came out my older brother bought one and there was a ton of VIP support immediately. But I think know why there isn't a lot of support because the body lines are more aggressive and angular than the previous 3 generations of the GS that were more rounded and bubbly. So what's your guys take???
-MjThind
I think the change in the Yen hurt a lot of companies. The 4GS still does offer a ton of cars compared to the M3756 (Fuga) or RL-X(Legend) which has almost nothing.

To me also in America most of the VIP builds are not new Lexus models, they are older and cheaper Lexus cars and people put money in them. In Japan the craze is for the latest and greatest and they seem to do VIP builds as soon as the vehicle debuts.

Also this GS is much more the sports sedan compared to the last GS which was more of a cruiser/VIP style car.

Lets hope someone here shows us how VIP is done on the 4GS!
Old 04-26-13, 10:31 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having problems decide on what wheels to get.. I love the vip modular vr01 in concave but it might not look sporty enough.. But it would be more on the vip side
Old 04-26-13, 10:39 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I think the change in the Yen hurt a lot of companies. The 4GS still does offer a ton of cars compared to the M3756 (Fuga) or RL-X(Legend) which has almost nothing.

To me also in America most of the VIP builds are not new Lexus models, they are older and cheaper Lexus cars and people put money in them. In Japan the craze is for the latest and greatest and they seem to do VIP builds as soon as the vehicle debuts.

Also this GS is much more the sports sedan compared to the last GS which was more of a cruiser/VIP style car.

Lets hope someone here shows us how VIP is done on the 4GS!
Agreed on parts thing. I think I found one VIP 4GS, I'll post a pic if I find it again. You are right on the American VIP Lexus builds the majority are on older Lexus' and then the builds on 3GS's are alomst always on the older 300's. Japan always does it big..

Last edited by MjThind; 04-26-13 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-26-13, 11:48 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the 4GS would look goofy with a Boy Scout knot and hearse curtains.
Old 04-26-13, 02:14 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Outrage
I think the 4GS would look goofy with a Boy Scout knot and hearse curtains.
That is so true I can't even picture one with the curtains or the knot...
Old 04-26-13, 02:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it's a matter of time before we see more JDM support, the 4GS is still relatively new. R&D often takes take.
Old 04-26-13, 03:16 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Just give it a few months.

The way I see it is those who mod cars especially the VIP attention to detail would rather mod the older Lexus. They don't have money to buy a brand new 4gs and spend additional money on top to VIP it. As the car gets cheaper more younger and people who can afford the car will pick it up and mod it
Old 04-26-13, 06:22 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
I think it's a matter of time before we see more JDM support, the 4GS is still relatively new. R&D often takes take.
True but the car has a more aggressive lines so it probably won't spark much interest for VIPers which I also will slow down the JDM support time..
Old 04-26-13, 06:24 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Just give it a few months.

The way I see it is those who mod cars especially the VIP attention to detail would rather mod the older Lexus. They don't have money to buy a brand new 4gs and spend additional money on top to VIP it. As the car gets cheaper more younger and people who can afford the car will pick it up and mod it
I totally agree with you man it is very rare in the US only a few people have the cash to VIP a fresh Lexus on the market or even a brand new Lexus...
I also think the VIP scene doesn't really appeal to many Lex owners who buy there car new or lightly used, but that is what I think...

Last edited by MjThind; 04-27-13 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-26-13, 07:45 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, the 4GS is selling pretty good in Japan. So I hope that this would somehow push companies to create more JDM goodies But then again, Aimgain just released a kit for the new LS, and they made nothing for the 4GS, as if they've completely ignored it.......so who knows.
Old 05-26-14, 11:59 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Member NXXT is the only person on CL who VIP'd his 4GS. Try to get him to post pics.
Old 05-27-14, 08:29 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Check out T-Demand site they have a true VIP 4GS

Here is a link to a car that would be a VIP car even tho its a F SPORT and probly the only car that's closest to VIP
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lay-frame.html

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 05-27-14 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-27-14, 09:32 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by obturator
Member NXXT is the only person on CL who VIP'd his 4GS. Try to get him to post pics.
He's not VIP'd out the only thing NXXT has on his car that would be VIP are curtains. He's sitting on Megan coilovers and looks like he got a SKP front lip is that's a real one or whatever brand it is.....So on the other section you told me to do my research on VIP car and it looks like you might need to do it your self bc I just copied a link to a car is the closest to VIP in the US that is on the forums.......
Old 05-27-14, 09:42 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being VIP has to do with more than just having curtains. Platform (big body luxury 'sport' sedan--not going to list cars), flush, wide, and low are the main criteria. Don't get it twisted, 13FSport. From the limited photos NXXT has posted, it appears he has this with his set up. You don't need to be bagged to be VIP. You don't need an aero kit to be VIP. Go to vipstylecars.com. Merely addressing your lack of tact in hating his ride. But to you, it looks "stupid" is not considered hating....and the 4GS is a "sports car."

Last edited by obturator; 05-27-14 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 4GS and VIP Scene...