GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-13, 07:14 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
the F sport is what brought me to lexus, up until then, i was never really interested in them. love the agressive styling, monster brakes and big wheels. it's the perfect balance of sport and luxury. and there are more suspension changes to the f sport than just the shocks, The F Sport treatment further fits stiffer springs, different bushings, retuned adaptive variable dampers, thicker anti-roll bars, variable-rate steering, the luxury model features are pretty cool, i would have liked the adaptive headlights, but that's about it.
What are the part numbers for these F Sport suspension components (anti-roll bars, springs, etc.)?

Front: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...S350-2013.html
Rear: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...S350-2013.html
Old 05-30-13, 09:55 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reg84
Thanks! If i had it, i would leave it up 24/7
Yes I leave mine up all the time as well. Overall, the F-Sport just didn't have the options I was looking for and the performance is the same for both the F and the Luxury.
Old 05-30-13, 07:24 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
What are the part numbers for these F Sport suspension components (anti-roll bars, springs, etc.)?

Front: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...S350-2013.html
Rear: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...S350-2013.html
have no idea, just going off reviews that mention the difference between f-sport and non f-sport.
Old 05-30-13, 07:33 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the Luxury model is great, but I don't feel I'm missing a thing with my F-Sport. I wouldn't use adjustable lights because I rarely drive at night. The seats in the F-Sport are also extremely comfortable and have lots of adjustments, so I don't know what more I would need. I rarely use my rear sun shade because my windows are tinted and I want to see if there are any cops behind me. And I couldn't get the Cabernet/Aluminum interior in the Luxury model, so that would be a deal-breaker for me. Plus, those wide staggered rims just make the car look so aggressive and I don't need to change them.
Old 06-01-13, 06:41 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just learned something about the difference between the two while I have a luxury loaner .. My 12 year old loves playing with the rear armrest controls. Glad I didn't get that feature! The rear sunshades are kind cool to have though.
Old 06-01-13, 06:54 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

My 7 year old grandson likes to play with them also, but he's learning to use them carefully. He only rides in the car a couple times a week, though, so I like having him learn to use them
Old 06-01-13, 08:42 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
I just learned something about the difference between the two while I have a luxury loaner .. My 12 year old loves playing with the rear armrest controls. Glad I didn't get that feature! The rear sunshades are kind cool to have though.
there is a way to lock it, but unfortunately you can unlock it from the back There needs to be a way for the driver to over ride that lock esp the audio, the A/C i don't really care about...

For those that leave the side sunshades up 24/7, how is driving at night with them up? Is it hard to see?

Last edited by puckhead85; 06-01-13 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-01-13, 09:11 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Haven't driven much at night, but I've never noticed it being a problem. When i look back to the right, it's still easy to see headlights of other cars.
Old 08-21-19, 10:06 PM
BigNelso
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hate to bring up such an old thread but I just did this conversion to my 2013 FSport. You need more than you think you do to do it.

Parts that are different
the upper portion of the door panel.
The window track
Quarter glass
window trim

it wasnt bad to do but figuring it all out as I went was super time consuming. I will take pics if anyone is interested.
The following 2 users liked this post by BigNelso:
bb700092 (08-22-19), RichardB23 (08-22-19)
Old 08-22-19, 08:51 AM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNelso
Hate to bring up such an old thread but I just did this conversion to my 2013 FSport. You need more than you think you do to do it.

Parts that are different
The window track
Quarter glass
window trim

it wasnt bad to do but figuring it all out as I went was super time consuming. I will take pics if anyone is interested.

Could you show me what the finished product looks like? How much did it cost overall?
Old 08-22-19, 09:54 AM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Parts that are different
The window track
Quarter glass
window trim

A writeup of the steps you followed will be very useful. Thanks!
Old 08-22-19, 10:00 AM
BigNelso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob256k
Could you show me what the finished product looks like? How much did it cost overall?
I was lucky enough to find a luxury model and swap all of the parts that I needed. I work in the auto industry. At a body and mechanic shop.

Old 08-22-19, 10:18 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I was lucky enough to find a luxury model and swap all of the parts that I needed. I work in the auto industry. At a body and mechanic shop.

Nice I looked into this but most junkyards aren't willing to sell just the parts, only interested in selling the whole door.
Old 08-22-19, 10:20 AM
BigNelso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Nice I looked into this but most junkyards aren't willing to sell just the parts, only interested in selling the whole door.
Yeah selling the entire door is more cost effective for them. And buying the parts from the dealer is way too expensive. Makes it not even worth it.
The following users liked this post:
RichardB23 (08-22-19)
Old 08-22-19, 02:10 PM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2013 Lux model GS350 and I love driving at night with the sun shades up all the time. I definitely don't want people staring into my car at all......... so mine your own business...

Very nice to have them. They are up all the time and driving at night with them up is a breeze. I can still see out of my rear view mirror perfectly.

Sorry guys the Lux package is way better than your F-Sport.... The F-Sport just takes all the fun out of getting aftermarket stuff like rims and brake calibers and what else?

F-Sport gives you NO luxury.... Where's your passenger seat memory function or your 16 way power seats? Is this just all for the driver??? No adaptive lighting... No rear side seat shades. (I bet without those shades your car is HOT as what opening the doors in the sun.)

My car stay cool in the sun....

No rear seat controls - this is a must if you call your car a luxury car...

What luxury do you get in the F-Sport... All the things I can get with the F-Sport I can do for less money on my own.

You F-Sport lovers can't revamp your car into Luxury models only unless you have that money 2 or 3 grand or more to do it and is it really that serious to change all that just to say that you have luxury features???

Just get the luxury model and you won't be disappointed.....

Quick Reply: Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport