Darylcf is RACIST towards F-Sports.
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (08-24-19)
Old 08-22-19, 05:20 PM
BigNelso
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darylcf108
I have a 2013 Lux model GS350 and I love driving at night with the sun shades up all the time. I definitely don't want people staring into my car at all......... so mine your own business...

Very nice to have them. They are up all the time and driving at night with them up is a breeze. I can still see out of my rear view mirror perfectly.

Sorry guys the Lux package is way better than your F-Sport.... The F-Sport just takes all the fun out of getting aftermarket stuff like rims and brake calibers and what else?

F-Sport gives you NO luxury.... Where's your passenger seat memory function or your 16 way power seats? Is this just all for the driver??? No adaptive lighting... No rear side seat shades. (I bet without those shades your car is HOT as what opening the doors in the sun.)

My car stay cool in the sun....

No rear seat controls - this is a must if you call your car a luxury car...

What luxury do you get in the F-Sport... All the things I can get with the F-Sport I can do for less money on my own.

You F-Sport lovers can't revamp your car into Luxury models only unless you have that money 2 or 3 grand or more to do it and is it really that serious to change all that just to say that you have luxury features???

Just get the luxury model and you won't be disappointed.....
You talk about the FSport like it’s the bastard child of Lexus lol. People have preferences. I feel that the luxury model is for people who are driven around. What’s the point of all that tech in the rear of the car if YOU can’t use it. I’m coming from driving my R32 GTR to my 2013 GS350 FSport with 33k miles. So for me the FSport is plenty luxury enough.
Old 08-22-19, 05:21 PM
BigNelso
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Darylcf is RACIST towards F-Sports.
FACTS!!!! Lol
Old 08-22-19, 07:54 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

The luxury seats have a few more adjustments and softer leather. I had the standard seats and swapped them out, so much better now. In my option best setup is luxury package with f-sport bumper. That's what I have now.
Old 08-22-19, 09:09 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNelso
I was lucky enough to find a luxury model and swap all of the parts that I needed. I work in the auto industry. At a body and mechanic shop.
Any chance you could help someone else find another set/ lux seats for cheap?

Originally Posted by peasodos
Nice I looked into this but most junkyards aren't willing to sell just the parts, only interested in selling the whole door.
I looked back into it briefly after seeing the russian forum where it was done. For now the rear shades I found on ebay are good enough. they just stay up all the time.
Old 08-23-19, 09:16 AM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cmon guys... Not trying to be too difficult or bias towards the F-Sport models.... But only speaking facts.

You guys didn't buy a Lexus for it to be sporty really??? You really bought it for it's reliablity and luxury features.

That's what Lexus has always been about. The F-Sport is only a plus!! So I'm not really hating.... They have sooooo many sport model cars out there

But why did you come to the realization that a Sport model Lexus was the best bang for your buck??

Why?? When they have the Mustangs and Camero's or even sport model Beemers's everywhere??

You choose Lexus because they are super reliable... luxury features are stellar... even for the base model and (especially the Lux model features)

Most of those features you can't even find in a BMW or Mercedes in that year.....

When you look into buying a Lexus... I'm looking for every luxury feature I can obtain....

So it is what it is....
Old 08-23-19, 10:00 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,029 Posts

I have the window shades in my Highlander but we never use them. The window tint is dark enough. It's a nice mod, but I don't think I would use them so it wouldn't be worth it to me, but I love seeing someone else doing it!
Old 08-23-19, 10:14 AM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Have you ever parked it in a parking lot at noon during the day with the windows up?

So you guys are telling me that your car doesn't bake in the sun without those rear shades???

That's why the F-Sport's leather is hard.... people trying to swap out that junk.

Cmon tell the truth and shame the devil......

Come over to the Luxury side of the GS and be calm cool and collective.

The way it should be.
Old 08-23-19, 10:17 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Have you ever parked it in a parking lot at noon during the day with the windows up?

So you guys are telling me that your car doesn't bake in the sun without those rear shades???

That's why the F-Sport's leather is hard.... people trying to swap out that junk.

Cmon tell the truth and shame the devil......

Come over to the Luxury side of the GS and be calm cool and collective.

The way it should be.
That's correct. I park in the hot sun and my car does not bake without the side shades. I have dark window tint. Sometimes on hot days I'll put up the rear window shade but don't really notice much of a difference.
Old 08-23-19, 10:27 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Cmon guys... Not trying to be too difficult or bias towards the F-Sport models.... But only speaking facts.

You guys didn't buy a Lexus for it to be sporty really??? You really bought it for it's reliablity and luxury features.

That's what Lexus has always been about. The F-Sport is only a plus!! So I'm not really hating.... They have sooooo many sport model cars out there

But why did you come to the realization that a Sport model Lexus was the best bang for your buck??

Why?? When they have the Mustangs and Camero's or even sport model Beemers's everywhere??

You choose Lexus because they are super reliable... luxury features are stellar... even for the base model and (especially the Lux model features)

Most of those features you can't even find in a BMW or Mercedes in that year.....

When you look into buying a Lexus... I'm looking for every luxury feature I can obtain....

So it is what it is....
I’m with you, this is lux/sport not just a sporty car so it should have all the lux feature and they are sadly lacking behind the Germans in that department. Really the only thing they have now is being cheaper and reliability, other than if you like the looks better(which I do). I always complain Lexus custom build isn’t truly custom with all options available unlike with bmw where you can pretty much have any combo you want. I’ve been on the lookout for a set of lux seats with rear heated seats for a while now and nothing has popped up since peasodos did his switch.
Old 08-23-19, 10:31 AM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Difference is this....

You spent around 50 or 60k brand new for your GS or F-Sport....

Now you are in year 5 or 6 of having the car and now your leather is showing

hardness or wear and tear. Simply by choosing F-Sport model over the Lux which

the Lux will give you longer value and longevity to it cause the Lux model is protecting

it's value over the long haul. How can you guys not see this??? Do your research on the F-Sport.

And let me know what's it's used value will be in year 5 or 6 compared to the Lux model.

Not just nick picking but it's the truth.....
Old 08-23-19, 10:47 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
That's correct. I park in the hot sun and my car does not bake without the side shades. I have dark window tint. Sometimes on hot days I'll put up the rear window shade but don't really notice much of a difference.
You could drive with the window down and the shade up, get air and privacy. If the parts were cheap I would do this mod for the hell of it, but not worth dropping $500 on new parts.
Old 08-23-19, 11:02 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by peasodos
You could drive with the window down and the shade up, get air and privacy. If the parts were cheap I would do this mod for the hell of it, but not worth dropping $500 on new parts.
Very true. I could see some people doing that. I've never done it with the Highlander so it's not of value to me, but I wouldn't complain if it had the option in the GS.
Old 08-23-19, 11:32 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Difference is this....

You spent around 50 or 60k brand new for your GS or F-Sport....

Now you are in year 5 or 6 of having the car and now your leather is showing

hardness or wear and tear. Simply by choosing F-Sport model over the Lux which

the Lux will give you longer value and longevity to it cause the Lux model is protecting

it's value over the long haul. How can you guys not see this???
I had my previous F Sport for nearly 4 years. The leather never got hard and looked new when I parted with the car. It wasn't going to all of a sudden start wearing in 1-2 more years.

Do your research on the F-Sport.
I spent significant time researching the F Sport and the Luxury model (discontinued 2 years ago). I think the Luxury trim is great and would never put down people for choosing it. It wasn't for me as I didn't find personal value in many of the items that it came with, and I thought the exterior looked too plain. If Lexus never offered an F Sport version of the GS, I would not have bought a GS.

And let me know what's it's used value will be in year 5 or 6 compared to the Lux model.

Not just nick picking but it's the truth.....
I see no evidence that the Luxury model holds value better than the F Sport. They tend to run pretty equal.

2013 GS350 Luxury, 84k miles, $17,858 link
2013 GS350 Luxury, 72k miles, $22,995 link
2013 GS350 Luxury, 69k miles, $20,249 link
2013 GS350 Luxury, 71k miles, $23,484 link
2013 GS350 F Sport, 86k miles, $19,950 link
2013 GS350 F Sport, 79k miles, $20,287 link
2013 GS350 F Sport, 71k miles, $20,119 link
2013 GS350 F Sport, 95k miles, $22,800 link
2013 GS350 F Sport, 54k miles, $24,990 link

Quick Reply: Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport