GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Looking to buy used 2013 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-13, 12:23 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by N0TSTIG
I test drove a local GS and decided I wanted to buy one, then I found one online in the color & trim combination I wanted and had it shipped. It is a CPO car, so I knew if there were any major issues they could be addressed by my local dealer. Don't rule out buying one from out of town. I paid $44k for a nearly loaded (no PCS) F-Sport with 15k miles.
Wow, that great! Where did you find your F sport? That's exactly the type of scenario I am looking for! Did you go out and see it beforehand? Being CPO, are you sure a local dealer would cover cosmetic issues though?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-18-13, 11:05 PM
mme1979
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N0TSTIG
I test drove a local GS and decided I wanted to buy one, then I found one online in the color & trim combination I wanted and had it shipped. It is a CPO car, so I knew if there were any major issues they could be addressed by my local dealer. Don't rule out buying one from out of town. I paid $44k for a nearly loaded (no PCS) F-Sport with 15k miles.
I'm guessing you bought the red fsport from jlm Lexus from Florida
I was looking at that one and wasn't sure about the color
Old 06-19-13, 07:22 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mme1979

From what I've seen, Fl seems to be competitively priced. Take this one at Lex of Palm Beach for example:

Looking to buy used 2013 F-Sport-image-573904106.jpg

Looking to buy used 2013 F-Sport-image-1115818422.jpg

Looking to buy used 2013 F-Sport-image-3684609795.jpg

Here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.lexusofpalmbeach.com/Vehi...-FL/2012627973
Old 06-19-13, 06:58 PM
N0TSTIG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mme1979
Yep, that's the one I bought! It was actually the exact color combination and option list I was looking for.

Last edited by N0TSTIG; 06-19-13 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-19-13, 07:02 PM
N0TSTIG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigbwb
Wow, that great! Where did you find your F sport? That's exactly the type of scenario I am looking for! Did you go out and see it beforehand? Being CPO, are you sure a local dealer would cover cosmetic issues though?
I did not see the exact car, but I did see one in the same color to confirm what I wanted. It took me about a 60 days of scouring Autotrader and Cars.com before I found the specific car.

Initially, I did have some concern as to whether the condition was honestly described, so I asked for some additional pictures of things I was concerned about (for example, there was only one wheel pictures, so I had concern about curb rash, and they emailed pics of the other wheels) and they accommodated the additional picture requests. Because it was a Lexus dealer, some of the concern was minimized.

There are a couple of issues that were surprisingly not addressed that should be covered under the CPO warranty, but otherwise I was happy with what was delivered to me and I think it was accurately described.

The car was delivered on a flatbed from South Florida to the Atlanta area for about $400, so I think I made out pretty well overall.
Old 06-20-13, 05:35 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Good news Gents, the wifes IS350 sold tonight! I got $21k for it which i think is decent.

Now the search begins for the GS350. I'm looking at only F sports right now. Do any of the F sports in warmer parts of the country have the heated steering wheel (cold weather pkg)? The wife wants this of course
Its tough to say by looking at the pics.

I may also reach out to anyone in some of the areas these cars are located for someone to go over and take a peek for me before I fly out, if that's possible.

Wish us luck!
Old 06-20-13, 06:09 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Good news Gents, the wifes IS350 sold tonight! I got $21k for it which i think is decent.

Now the search begins for the GS350. I'm looking at only F sports right now. Do any of the F sports in warmer parts of the country have the heated steering wheel (cold weather pkg)? The wife wants this of course
Its tough to say by looking at the pics.

I may also reach out to anyone in some of the areas these cars are located for someone to go over and take a peek for me before I fly out, if that's possible.

Wish us luck!
It'll probably be a little tough to find one i'll admit. If you find one in south fla. let me know and I'll see if I can snap some pics for you.
Old 06-20-13, 07:15 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yardie876
It'll probably be a little tough to find one i'll admit. If you find one in south fla. let me know and I'll see if I can snap some pics for you.
After searching a bit more, most F sports are in warmer climates hence no cold weather pkg I think we may just have to live without that feature. There is a car in Miami I inquired about, where are you?
Old 06-20-13, 07:24 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

After searching a bit more, most F sports are in warmer climates hence no cold weather pkg I think we may just have to live without that feature. There is a car in Miami I inquired about, where are you?
Yea I was afraid so. :/ I'm smack in the middle of Miami/Ft Lauderdale so everywhere is pretty much accessible. What dealership was the car at?
Old 06-20-13, 07:26 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Yea I was afraid so. :/ I'm smack in the middle of Miami/Ft Lauderdale so everywhere is pretty much accessible. What dealership was the car at?
West Kendall, Black F sport.

I spent tonight emailing multiple dealers across the country inquiring about the F sports they have listed. Now its a waiting game
Old 06-20-13, 07:37 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

West Kendall, Black F sport.

I spent tonight emailing multiple dealers across the country inquiring about the F sports they have listed. Now its a waiting game
Oh cool that's not too too far from me. I might not be able to make a trip down there until Sunday or Monday though.

What features/specifications do you want for sure on the car? There are a few dealers around here that sometimes don't put their inventory on autotrader, etc.
Old 06-20-13, 08:02 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Oh cool that's not too too far from me. I might not be able to make a trip down there until Sunday or Monday though.

What features/specifications do you want for sure on the car? There are a few dealers around here that sometimes don't put their inventory on autotrader, etc.
Very cool! I do have an email out to that dealer.

As for the car:

Black grey or red exterior
Any color interior
f sport
Other options are really not that crucial
Has to be mint, no exceptions!

I'll keep you in the loop!

Brandon
Old 06-20-13, 08:40 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Very cool! I do have an email out to that dealer.

As for the car:

Black grey or red exterior
Any color interior
f sport
Other options are really not that crucial
Has to be mint, no exceptions!

I'll keep you in the loop!

Brandon
Ok awesome. I'll post a review on the car when I get a chance to stop by!
Old 06-21-13, 04:41 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Ok awesome. I'll post a review on the car when I get a chance to stop by!
I really appreciate it, thank you!
Old 06-21-13, 09:17 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Default ANother F sport in NC

hey guys,
I found a used 2013 Lexus GS350 F sport at Flow Lexus. Black on black. I am curious if anyone might be willing to do me a huge favor and take a peek at it prior to me booking a flight out there from our place here in WI?

If you are interested, please let me know. I am hoping to get the ball rolling early next week if the car is in the shape they described it as over the phone.

THanks so much!

Brandon

ps - I am also keeping the one in miami in mind as well.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy used 2013 F-Sport