GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport compliments...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 05:30 AM
johnm112
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The UK spec GS450h Premier can be ordered with LED headlamps, they’re an £850 option. I have specified them on my order due in September.

My local Lexus dealer had two RX450h’s side by side, one with LED and one without. The improvement with the LED was quite marked. I had to have them on my GS450h
Old 06-24-13, 05:39 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I received more compliments from others when I owned a Ford Edge Sport. I think most the mid-sized luxury vehicles look fairly sedate.
Old 06-24-13, 05:45 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Outrage
I received more compliments from others when I owned a Ford Edge Sport. I think most the mid-sized luxury vehicles look fairly sedate.
My wife loves her 13 Egde sport!! Plenty of compliments go that cars way!
Old 06-24-13, 05:54 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
that 450h is sex.

wish we were able to get the led's as an option
The truth! I saw the 3IS f-sport with the led headlights and they looked great. I was very jealous.
Old 06-24-13, 06:07 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnm112
The UK spec GS450h Premier can be ordered with LED headlamps, they’re an £850 option. I have specified them on my order due in September.

My local Lexus dealer had two RX450h’s side by side, one with LED and one without. The improvement with the LED was quite marked. I had to have them on my GS450h
Oh right, the brochure didnt have them as an option. Maybe i have the old version. I have LED's on mine. They are really much better than xenons
Old 06-24-13, 07:08 AM
LexFather

I'm actually surprised by the compliments since I am not as impressed with the exterior design. I noticed a lot of non-Lexus people love the new front end, they love its aggressive look. Recently we were coming out of the store and a couple was standing staring at the car, we chatted with them and showed them the red interior and they were blown away. My wife states she gets compliments all the time.

Natnut is right, if we could get the LED headlights, it would look even more dynamic.
Old 06-24-13, 07:21 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I'm actually surprised by the compliments since I am not as impressed with the exterior design. I noticed a lot of non-Lexus people love the new front end, they love its aggressive look. Recently we were coming out of the store and a couple was standing staring at the car, we chatted with them and showed them the red interior and they were blown away. My wife states she gets compliments all the time.

Natnut is right, if we could get the LED headlights, it would look even more dynamic.
Did lowering the car and adding new wheels change your view on the exterior look/car appearance? Because I tend to agree with you about the exterior stock look, but just changing the stance made a huge difference. Your wife's car is very nice looking by the way.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-24-13 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-24-13, 07:32 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I've gotten a fair share of compliments but one was a bit unnerving. I went into a store and a guy walks up behind me and is like sir do you have a GS? I'm like.... Umm maybe lol. He then proceeds to tell me how much he likes it. Just thinking about it makes me realize how bad it could have gone.
Old 06-24-13, 08:22 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

I get a lot of complements on my GS. Personally I could care less who likes my car or not. People use to make fun of my Camry and I drove it for 13+ years. I like it and that's all that matters.
Old 06-24-13, 01:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Did lowering the car and adding new wheels change your view on the exterior look/car appearance? Because I tend to agree with you about the exterior stock look, but just changing the stance made a huge difference. Your wife's car is very nice looking by the way.
The 4GS to me is one of those cars that really looks the part lowered with larger wheels. To me the aggresive/bold front end on a lowered GS looks menacing and the car seems to finally look true to its athletic proportions. Not lowered on stocks its fine but missing that "touch".

This looks amazing and totally transforms the look

Mean!!

Also I really wish we could get LEds on the 350 here

In our garage I have looked over the 3GS and 4GS side by side, both in white and to me while the 4GS looks new, it doesn't really break the mold past the front end. But what I will say is lowered compared to the 3GS the stance is more aggresive even from the rear, you can see the hunches and flares over the wheels more pronounced when its lowered.
Old 06-24-13, 05:57 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
... my bubble is not burst.. is that a bad thing?
Haha. Glad I didn't offend. Just making counterpoints is all.
Old 06-24-13, 06:21 PM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Wow Blueprint-love your cars!

You're right, lowered with aftermarket wheels improves the look a lot. I want to do both but I have concerns about ground clearance since we'll drive the GS year-round. I suppose the AWD would make me feel a little better. Only looking to lower an inch at most too.

I think the new GS looks amazing in F Sport trim, I'm not so much a fan without.

The front is aggressive. I wouldn't say the side/rear is as much so, but still subtle, elegant, and athletic.
Old 06-24-13, 07:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
I had a client that rented an Edge Limited when they moved back to the US last year and were waiting on their RR Sport to be shipped from overseas. They said they got more compliments and questions about that Edge than any car they had ever owned...and they drive very nice and flashy vehicles (he's had SL Benzes, bought an S5 cab when he got here). Very weird, they said people would roll their windows down and ask them at red lights how they liked the Edge.

I've gotten several very nice compliments on the GS. Oddly enough as well I have had more compliments on the Jeep than any vehicle I've ever owned. Just the other day I walked out of the dry cleaners to a couple looking at it in the parking lot, and those Jeeps are everywhere!
Old 06-24-13, 11:44 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blueprint
The 4GS to me is one of those cars that really looks the part lowered with larger wheels. To me the aggresive/bold front end on a lowered GS looks menacing and the car seems to finally look true to its athletic proportions. Not lowered on stocks its fine but missing that "touch".

This looks amazing and totally transforms the look

In our garage I have looked over the 3GS and 4GS side by side, both in white and to me while the 4GS looks new, it doesn't really break the mold past the front end. But what I will say is lowered compared to the 3GS the stance is more aggresive even from the rear, you can see the hunches and flares over the wheels more pronounced when its lowered.
I was walking out to my car the other day and I saw exactly what you said, the mold is not really broken past that front end. I personally love the front end look, especially lowered. When following friends they always comment on the grill with the day time runners. I don't need a lip kit or even fogs (although I would add the ones from the LS f sport because they are a fraction of the size), I am a fan already. The rear end also becomes less dull when lowered, especially when you slap on those beefy 10.5's. Suffice to say, lowering and a wheel upgrade is another level of aesthetic pleasure.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-24-13 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-25-13, 12:54 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by praetor
I get a lot of complements on my GS. Personally I could care less who likes my car or not. People use to make fun of my Camry and I drove it for 13+ years. I like it and that's all that matters.
I agree, really doesn't matter if people aren't feeling your ride. Call it whatever you want, hate or otherwise, all that matters is that you like it!! Well put. But you just struck a nerve bringing up the Camry!!!! I wish I took pictures back then (before 2006 when my bro totaled it coming home from Stockton through the east bay). I had a 2000 Camry CE, manual tranny (yes manual), shaved emblems, lowered on Eibach springs, KYB struts, strut bar, 18 inch Enkei Enzos (classic rims) on NItto tires with a $3K system (I was young)! That was my baby!! GONE in one fell swoop! I bet you loved that camry like your GS!!