GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New owner questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 08:48 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner questions...

Hi guys and gals! I just picked up a GS F Sport today and have been messing with the settings and such all day. However, there are a few questions I have that I couldn't find in relation to the 4GS...

1. My starfire pearl sexy Lexy has a pinstripe (with the "L") going down either side... Is there a safe way to remove it? It's not a vinyl sticker....it's painted on.

2. Is there a trick to adding my pandora acct to enform? I dled the app and linked to the car... Now it's telling me to add the pandora acct and I can't figure it out...

3. I noticed my backup camera doesn't show the lines moving as I turn the steering wheel... The lines stay stationary... I could've sworn ive seen videos of the lines curving when backing up...am I missing an update?

4. When in normal drive mode (around mid day) I noticed the blue light in the gauges went in and out at dif times... Is that due to speed? Sun light? Anything else?

That's all I can come up with for now. I look forward to hearing your answers and responses. Thanks in advance!

Mo
Attached Thumbnails New owner questions...-image.jpg  
Old 06-22-13, 09:04 PM
nickhaaa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase! I too as well have the same color as you. What options did you get?!

1. Not sure about pin stripe, hopefully someone can chime in
2. I added my Pandora account on the Lexus Enform website via my laptop. There you can link your Pandora account with Lexus Enform. Not sure about doing it via the phone.
3. My back up camera lines are stationary as well... So I'm curious like you.
4. The gauge cluster light is responsive to the throttle or MPG from what I can tell (maybe someone with something more definitive can chime in here as well). It is supposed to change/fluctuate like that. There are settings that you can change to disable the feature.
5. ENJOY!
Old 06-22-13, 09:09 PM
MoizV
Rookie

It's starfire/Cabernet... Nav, no drs... And all the standards (blind spot monitor, rear power shade, park assist, etc)

Thanks for making me feel better about the dash light... Thought it was short circuiting lol!

Mo
Old 06-22-13, 10:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

oh oh, the dreaded Pinstripe... it's painted on. why did they do that? you have to sign up for a pandora account on your phone. go to the enform account and sign up with pandora that way, you'll see the app options and underneath each app icon you'll see : link account. we do not have the luxury of having the moving BUC lines. i think they're only available in certain regions. if driving economically the blue light will appear, don't think you can disable that feature. almost forgot, congratz, on your purchase, she looks good. enjoy her...
Old 06-22-13, 10:45 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MoizV
Hi guys and gals! I just picked up a GS F Sport today and have been messing with the settings and such all day. However, there are a few questions I have that I couldn't find in relation to the 4GS...

1. My starfire pearl sexy Lexy has a pinstripe (with the "L") going down either side... Is there a safe way to remove it? It's not a vinyl sticker....it's painted on.

Mo
The paint stripe can be removed at a quality body shop by color sanding it off
Old 06-22-13, 11:05 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Thanks for the info guys!

Last edited by MoizV; 06-22-13 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-23-13, 07:26 AM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the car, MoizV, it looks great! Except for the pinstripe. That would've been a dealbreaker for me. Get a quote from a body shop for removal, ASAP.
Old 06-23-13, 08:37 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhh noo.. pin stripe hate I like a nice pin stripe.. personally
Old 06-23-13, 09:07 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to CL!
Old 06-23-13, 10:52 AM
MoizV
Rookie

Thanks guys... I'm a little worried about how much a paint shop will charge me to get the pin stripe removed.... Any ideas how much it might be? Ill call around this week to check... Hoping its not more than a couple hundo...
Old 06-23-13, 12:48 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I have been in pinstripe shops when cars came in for a repair or touchup and they just wiped the old strip off with something in about a minute and did the whole stripe over. Don't know what they used but it wiped the stripe right off. So I suggest you go to a pinstriper if you can find one or back to the dealer so find out who did the stripe for them. That would have been a major problem and probably a deal breaker for me.

Congratulations on the new car.

Dave Mac
Old 06-23-13, 12:58 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MoizV
Thanks guys... I'm a little worried about how much a paint shop will charge me to get the pin stripe removed.... Any ideas how much it might be? Ill call around this week to check... Hoping its not more than a couple hundo...
Pinstripe actually cost $300-350. Why mess with it? I'm neutral on pinstripes but my wife likes them. I personally wouldn't mess with your new car for 6 months. You should wait and see if the pinstripe grows on you.
Old 06-23-13, 01:05 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Valueguy
Pinstripe actually cost $300-350. Why mess with it? I'm neutral on pinstripes but my wife likes them. I personally wouldn't mess with your new car for 6 months. You should wait and see if the pinstripe grows on you.

Watch the video. It takes ***** to do this to a brand new F sport.
Old 06-23-13, 01:10 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Originally Posted by Valueguy

Good point buddy... Ill let it ride for a bit and see if it grows on me... If not, off it goes! Now, if its as easy as using something to wipe it off.... I want in!

Mo
Old 06-23-13, 01:14 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Easy Off Oven Cleaner and Q tips. I bet this works on your pinstripe.

Quick Reply: New owner questions...