GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 06:41 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. Now get those windows tinted. I got mine done at 20% all around here in TX, but one of the perks of being an ex cop.

Also, don't wear new blue jeans on those flaxen seats unless you like color transfer. Looks just like my car but I have the black interior.

Did you get rear steer, HUD, or ML. I was curious as I'd never seen them before I got mine, but I'm happy I did.
Old 06-29-13, 06:43 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Car looks fantastic. Love you interior color combo
Old 06-29-13, 07:14 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Did you get rear steer, HUD, or ML. I was curious as I'd never seen them before I got mine, but I'm happy I did.
I hadn't heard of them on the GS until I picked mine up also. So happy I have them.
Old 06-29-13, 01:47 PM
hksboost
Rookie

Congrats, awesome color combo
Old 06-29-13, 02:35 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Looks good. Now get those windows tinted. I got mine done at 20% all around here in TX, but one of the perks of being an ex cop.

Also, don't wear new blue jeans on those flaxen seats unless you like color transfer. Looks just like my car but I have the black interior.

The windows are tinted

I got both HUD and ML and I think every possible option.. having remote start added as well. Thanks for the heads up about blue jeans.. same problem with stone washed jeans?
Old 06-30-13, 08:19 PM
LexFather

Welcome aboard! Nice crib
Old 06-30-13, 10:31 PM
nickhaaa
Rookie

Nice job on the switch to Lexus. Looks like I'll be seeing you around town
Old 07-01-13, 06:40 AM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great Stew-congratulations!

Any other mod plans? Do you have DRS (RWD I assume)?
Old 07-01-13, 07:03 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lithe
Car looks great Stew-congratulations!

Any other mod plans? Do you have DRS (RWD I assume)?
Thank you! I appreciate that.

Just the springs so far. I want to see how she looks with the little drop before deciding about the rims. I like the graphite look of these wheels but.. a bit more width/fender filling with some offset would sure look nice.

Yes, I have that option.. I think I have every possible option.

Last edited by Stew4HD; 07-01-13 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-01-13, 09:42 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Thank you! I appreciate that.

Just the springs so far.
Welcome to the board! I had an '06 TL for a year. Great car but lots of rattles and it didn't handle as well. After test driving a BMW 335i I knew I wanted that car. I can say after owning this GS for a year I do not miss the 335i in terms of handling. The GS is a solid car overall. That's why I'm a bit hesitant about changing anything on this car.

How do you like the look and ride of the Tanabe? Did you consider the other springs?
Old 07-01-13, 09:53 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mso4
Welcome to the board! I had an '06 TL for a year. Great car but lots of rattles and it didn't handle as well. After test driving a BMW 335i I knew I wanted that car. I can say after owning this GS for a year I do not miss the 335i in terms of handling. The GS is a solid car overall. That's why I'm a bit hesitant about changing anything on this car.

How do you like the look and ride of the Tanabe? Did you consider the other springs?
Thank you for the welcome!

I haven't received the Tanabe's yet, tracking shows delievery today. I will need to find a shop to install them. Others that have installed them have said nothing but good things about the Tanabe's. I did consider other but most that lower it more will require a rear camber kit and none are avaialble yet
Old 07-01-13, 01:41 PM
forgonburi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stew,

Congrats on the car, did you get it from Sterling McCall? Also, if you don't mind how much did you pay? I am looking at going the same route but I have been talking to Westside.

Thank You,
Old 07-01-13, 03:18 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

I got them down to 54K then added the remote start, so, all in all, 55K. Started at 62K

And yes, Sterling McCall. I like that company. I got bot my Acura's from Sterling McCall Acura
Old 07-01-13, 04:00 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to give remote start some thought. I have it on my car because it came with it. I almost never use it because the engine will shut off once you open the car door.

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I got them down to 54K then added the remote start, so, all in all, 55K. Started at 62K

And yes, Sterling McCall. I like that company. I got bot my Acura's from Sterling McCall Acura
Old 07-01-13, 05:04 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
You might want to give remote start some thought. I have it on my car because it came with it. I almost never use it because the engine will shut off once you open the car door.
Sigh.... I'ven been debating getting RES for a while now but have been waiting for RES+ to debut. (I'm really iffy considering the engine shutting off , but I'm sure I'll get over that) and hearing word that RES+ absolutely sucks in terms of the app so I guess I'll just keep starting the car and burning for the first 5 minutes

Quick Reply: New owner