GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-13 | 10:49 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5thavenue
That seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
I'm expecting to receive about a little over $4,000 off of MSRP on a 2014 as soon as they actually allow me to order (3% over invoice).
Not that it is impossible, but I just don't think that dealers are selling 2013s right now at $9,000 to $10,000 off of MSRP.

I think that if i could get 7k to 8k off of MSRP I'd probably get a 2013 if they had one close to what I'm wanting but if they are only offering 5k or 6k off, I don't think that it is worth it for a 2013.
According to Edmunds,a $59300 GS has a invoice number at $55050.
A little over $4K off brings is invoice on a '14.
You're going to special order at invoice or under?

In my area I don't think $6K-$7K off a $60K '13 GS is a reach at this point.Invoice or under on a '14,especially a special order is..

Last edited by Joeb427; 09-29-13 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-29-13 | 12:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

A dealer is not going to sell a 2014 at invoice so long as they have 2013s left on the lot to sell. If they have no 2013s, maybe.
Old 09-30-13 | 05:49 PM
heasyrider
Rookie

Now I am thinking I may just go with a 2013, especially if I can get 5 or 6k off MSRP. I need to time this out correctly.
Old 10-18-13 | 09:19 PM
msp713
Driver

Details of the 2014 GS are officially on the Lexus website now. I couldn't find any details of the power trunk feature as I thought it was supposed to be available
Old 10-19-13 | 08:17 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by msp713
Details of the 2014 GS are officially on the Lexus website now. I couldn't find any details of the power trunk feature as I thought it was supposed to be available
Any mention of the power folding mirrors? I see blind spot monitor for $500 on the website. But my dealer sent me the window sticker for the 14 GS I ordered and it lists "Blind Spot Monitor Includes: Power-Folding exterior mirrors" for $700.

So maybe not all options are listed.
Old 10-19-13 | 01:49 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The "ALL NEW" 2013 GS350 has been selling for 20 months now....
(In case no one else noticed)

Glad to see these small minor changes for MY14.... They are very Welcome..

Bigger things to come for 2015 & 2016

~ Joe Z
Major change will occur around 2015-2016, where the GS will get the full spindle grille treatment.
Old 10-19-13 | 05:34 PM
5thavenue
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flying3
Any mention of the power folding mirrors? I see blind spot monitor for $500 on the website. But my dealer sent me the window sticker for the 14 GS I ordered and it lists "Blind Spot Monitor Includes: Power-Folding exterior mirrors" for $700.

So maybe not all options are listed.
Yea, their website isn't fully updated yet.
When I go to the "build your lexus" part of the website it has me building a 2013.
Also, I see conflicting prices on different parts of the website.

My dealer ordered my 2014 3 weeks ago and told me that the power folding mirrors are combined with blind spot monitor as well as rear cross-traffic monitor.
Old 10-19-13 | 08:56 PM
msp713
Driver

Originally Posted by 5thavenue
Yea, their website isn't fully updated yet.
When I go to the "build your lexus" part of the website it has me building a 2013.
Also, I see conflicting prices on different parts of the website.

My dealer ordered my 2014 3 weeks ago and told me that the power folding mirrors are combined with blind spot monitor as well as rear cross-traffic monitor.

Congrats, how long will it take until you get yours? Did you get a good price for your order?
Old 10-20-13 | 09:31 AM
sportpop
Driver School Candidate

I bought a 2013 GS 350 f sport earlier this year. I traded in my 08 Is 350 and thought that I was getting a sporty car in the new GS. Surprise, this model has become a big car and handles like one. The car just feels bulky and I believe that it is larger than some of the earlier LS models. When parking it, you have to be careful, as all of the panels that stick out make it difficult to determine how close you are to something. Also, the car feels sluggish compared to my 08 IS and handles like an old Cadillac Sedan Deville. As a result, I have a new 14 IS 350 on order and it has taken me 3 months, but hope to get it sometime in December. So, if you wan t a big comfortable reliable family car, then the new GS is for you. Sportpop
Old 10-20-13 | 12:10 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sportpop
I bought a 2013 GS 350 f sport earlier this year. I traded in my 08 Is 350 and thought that I was getting a sporty car in the new GS. Surprise, this model has become a big car and handles like one. The car just feels bulky and I believe that it is larger than some of the earlier LS models. When parking it, you have to be careful, as all of the panels that stick out make it difficult to determine how close you are to something. Also, the car feels sluggish compared to my 08 IS and handles like an old Cadillac Sedan Deville. As a result, I have a new 14 IS 350 on order and it has taken me 3 months, but hope to get it sometime in December. So, if you wan t a big comfortable reliable family car, then the new GS is for you. Sportpop
not sure if you are all correct. The fsport feels very sporty compared to the 2011 bmw 5 series which I traded in. The GS is a sports sedan and drives great but gives a great balance between sport and luxury. Theres little body rolls and car feels planted in sport plus mode. I'm not sure whet you are getting the feel of cadillac? That's a poor comparison. The latest bmw 5 is bloated and very boring and has lost the excitement. The magazines comparison from car and driver and road and track out the of GS fsport ahead of the latest BMW 5. I'm glad I made the switch. I drove the new is and came away impressed but it was too small and the front is ugly.
Old 10-20-13 | 02:32 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I think either came in with the wrong expectations or are driving with the wrong settings. I found the OEM tires too soft and flabby. I went to pilot super sports before delivery and went one size wider on the f sport front and rear of 245 & 275 and also upgraded the weight rating of the tires as well to be firmer. When driving I have a comfy ride in Eco and very planted and firm feel in sport plus. More HP is always nice, but I'd be willing to bet its your shoes on the car.

The new IS has grown on me a lot. But I sat in one and was instantly underwhelmed. I'm 6'3 and there was no legroom and the cabin too cramped. But I'm sure it's a little more nimble since it's a little lighter. Hope it's a good fit for you.
Old 10-21-13 | 10:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Every auto reviewer disagrees with you.

In any event...did you drive the car before you bought it?

If you think it handles like an old Sedan Deville I don't know what to tell you, thats just ridiculous.
Old 10-21-13 | 01:00 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Every auto reviewer disagrees with you.

In any event...did you drive the car before you bought it?

If you think it handles like an old Sedan Deville I don't know what to tell you, thats just ridiculous.
I guess the 5 Series,E350 and A6 handles like a sedan DeVille too.
Old 10-21-13 | 02:01 PM
sportpop
Driver School Candidate

To all of you GS 350 F Sport owners or future owners. I have owned a number of Lexus cars over the past 15 years, SC, GS, IS, RX. I had a beautiful red 08 IS 350 with low miles, but ride was a little too rough, so decided to trade it in on a new 2013 GS 350 Sport. By the way, I owned a 07 GS and loved the car, just the right size. The new GS Sport looked great with good electronics, nice seats and I test drove it and it seemed to be ok, but if you pushed it, I noticed a bit of oversteer on tight corners, which I did not experience with the IS. However, after driving the car for 8 months, it feels like a big car and it is, if you look at the measurements and weight. So, again, I will say that if you are looking for a nimble sports sedan, you will be disappointed in the GS, go with the IS. However, if you are looking for a reliable, comfortable, and good looking family hauler with a little hint of sports, then it is the car for you. My other two cars now are a Porsche and JCW Mini-Cooper, so maybe I am expecting too much from the GS to be a sports sedan. Sportpop
Old 10-21-13 | 02:09 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

To all of you GS 350 F Sport owners or future owners. I have owned a number of Lexus cars over the past 15 years, SC, GS, IS, RX. I had a beautiful red 08 IS 350 with low miles, but ride was a little too rough, so decided to trade it in on a new 2013 GS 350 Sport. By the way, I owned a 07 GS and loved the car, just the right size. The new GS Sport looked great with good electronics, nice seats and I test drove it and it seemed to be ok, but if you pushed it, I noticed a bit of oversteer on tight corners, which I did not experience with the IS. However, after driving the car for 8 months, it feels like a big car and it is, if you look at the measurements and weight. So, again, I will say that if you are looking for a nimble sports sedan, you will be disappointed in the GS, go with the IS. However, if you are looking for a reliable, comfortable, and good looking family hauler with a little hint of sports, then it is the car for you. My other two cars now are a Porsche and JCW Mini-Cooper, so maybe I am expecting too much from the GS to be a sports sedan. Sportpop
Also, I have the rear steer. Don't know if you opted for that, but definitely will get that again. It's great.

I feel like I'm driving a Playstation 2 game sitting in the new IS 350 F Sport. But life's short, get what makes ya happy. I'm sure someone will love your car when you upgrade to the IS 350.

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350