GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-13, 08:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by StonedCL
I am with you on this one.. Lexus seems to think that people in nj and ny do not like to,listen to music and none of there gs have ML system .. I looked around to 10 dealers and not 1 had one in stock with the ML system,... I would also love to see how the led lights option looks.. Is it full led like the a6 offers or just the led running lights like we have..
When did you look? Clearly the last few months we have all posted how allocation and inventory is sketchy compared to last year or earlier this year.

Also just do a simple dealer swap, they can access inventory anywhere and get the vehicle, you might have to pay for shipping or not.

The LED option is full LED. Lexus was first in the world with LED headlights in the LS 600h L years ago.
Old 08-26-13, 09:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
According to an email I got yesterday, the SIRI Eyes-Free will be avialable for the '14 GS, LS and RX
and ES.
Same email here.

You can still keep your eyes on the road while getting the answers you need. The innovative new Siri Eyes-Free [1] mode is now available on the 2014 ES, GS, LS and RX. Simply press a button on your steering wheel to call people, select and play music, hear and compose texts, use Maps and much more.
Old 08-26-13, 05:36 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

my problem with dealer swaps is that you lose all bargaining power. they know that you want something very particular and hard to find.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
When did you look? Clearly the last few months we have all posted how allocation and inventory is sketchy compared to last year or earlier this year.

Also just do a simple dealer swap, they can access inventory anywhere and get the vehicle, you might have to pay for shipping or not.

The LED option is full LED. Lexus was first in the world with LED headlights in the LS 600h L years ago.
Old 08-26-13, 08:31 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce
Think of it as a carefully played game of chess.

One never shows their best moves first, you slowly draw the competition out, and then wait for the kill.
Or more accurately, they are just being cheap and waiting to see who notices and how big of a stink they will create. The cost cutting that Toyota/Lexus has been going forward with is very evident as they do not compete well with their direct competitors anymore regarding features, options and quality of materials.

I long live for the days of the superb Toyota/Lexus products of the 80's thru early 2000's.
Old 08-26-13, 09:51 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
Or more accurately, they are just being cheap and waiting to see who notices and how big of a stink they will create. The cost cutting that Toyota/Lexus has been going forward with is very evident as they do not compete well with their direct competitors anymore regarding features, options and quality of materials.

I long live for the days of the superb Toyota/Lexus products of the 80's thru early 2000's.
You evidently haven't sat in the 2013 GS350 yet.
Old 08-26-13, 10:09 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean Lexus did the same thing with the last GS. The 06 - 07 and now the 13 -14.
Old 08-27-13, 07:34 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
You evidently haven't sat in the 2013 GS350 yet.
I have multiple times. I've also driven one last year when they came out. The interior of the new GS is nice, but I feel as if they could use more authentic materials. When I refer to Toyota/Lexus cost cutting, it is most evident with the lack of features in this car more so than simply cheap materials. Overall, I think Its a great car, but it's like they are trying to eliminate features now days to cut costs and hope that the customer does not notice. Some of this appears to be addressed for the 14 MY.
Old 08-27-13, 08:17 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
I have multiple times. I've also driven one last year when they came out. The interior of the new GS is nice, but I feel as if they could use more authentic materials. When I refer to Toyota/Lexus cost cutting, it is most evident with the lack of features in this car more so than simply cheap materials. Overall, I think Its a great car, but it's like they are trying to eliminate features now days to cut costs and hope that the customer does not notice. Some of this appears to be addressed for the 14 MY.
Old 08-27-13, 08:29 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I think auto manufacturers remove equipment so that they can build features back in in future years and also charge more to recoup expenses for the retooling of a new model. Doesn't excuse the absence of power trunk, folding mirrors, etc. But it does stink.
Old 08-27-13, 08:32 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Yesterday at my gym I parked next to a BMW 5 series. He pushed his trunk button on his key fob and his trunk lid lifted automatically. I had to lift mine up manually. I felt so inferior. It was such a horrible feeling.

Actually we gave each other a nice car and drove off.
Old 08-27-13, 02:02 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Received this by email yesterday. Tells me MY13 deals are about to go into high gear.

Lexus of Pleasanton | Golden Opportunity Purchase Event ENDING SOON!!!

We receive daily requests for a variety of pre-owned vehicles and need to increase our pre-owned inventory levels. We would like to make you an offer to buy your current vehicle . We are prepared to offer:

110% of Kelley Blue Book Fair Trade-In Value* AND
A New Apple iPad Mini if we are successful in purchasing your vehicle.
You are not obligated to purchase a vehicle during this event as our primary objective is to buy your trade. However, if you are in the market for a newer vehicle, this is the perfect time to purchase or lease a new or pre-owned Lexus.

Please contact your internet sales rep or call us at (866) 514-3680 to schedule a convenient appointment to take advantage of this offer. A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to offer you the highest price possible*.

MUST BRING THIS EMAIL TO REDEEM OFFER!
Hurry! This offer expires Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
Old 08-27-13, 03:42 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

that sounds like a great deal!!!
Old 08-27-13, 04:01 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Received this by email yesterday. Tells me MY13 deals are about to go into high gear.

Lexus of Pleasanton | Golden Opportunity Purchase Event ENDING SOON!!!

We receive daily requests for a variety of pre-owned vehicles and need to increase our pre-owned inventory levels. We would like to make you an offer to buy your current vehicle . We are prepared to offer:

110% of Kelley Blue Book Fair Trade-In Value* AND
A New Apple iPad Mini if we are successful in purchasing your vehicle.
You are not obligated to purchase a vehicle during this event as our primary objective is to buy your trade. However, if you are in the market for a newer vehicle, this is the perfect time to purchase or lease a new or pre-owned Lexus.

Please contact your internet sales rep or call us at (866) 514-3680 to schedule a convenient appointment to take advantage of this offer. A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to offer you the highest price possible*.

MUST BRING THIS EMAIL TO REDEEM OFFER!
Hurry! This offer expires Tuesday, September 3, 2013.

Typical come on Ad BS.I see it all the time with most brands.
They'll give you more for your trade and take less off the vehicle list.
Old 08-27-13, 06:24 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
Yesterday at my gym I parked next to a BMW 5 series. He pushed his trunk button on his key fob and his trunk lid lifted automatically. I had to lift mine up manually. I felt so inferior. It was such a horrible feeling.

Actually we gave each other a nice car and drove off.
LOL! Come on, Praetor. Buck up.

I wouldn't feel inferior to a BMW 5 series. I would think the owner of such a vehicle would feel inferior to me.

The thing I hated about both BMW and MB when I considered them was the huge gap between a base model and the model that would be acceptable to me to drive out the door (a quality stereo, real leather not "leatherette", navigation, BSM, heated steering wheel, etc. etc). Lexus didn't have a ridiculous gap. Just one or two packages above premium and one of those was not expensive (Cold Weather package). With both BMW and MB, by the time I added in what consider must have options, the price had gone up about 14K from the base model. When I did the same with Lexus, the price went up only 7K from the base model. There wasn't a huge difference in the base models of all three. I thought BMW and MB had to be joking. It was laughable to think they think I'd be willing to pay an extra 7K or so for a German name plate. I guess I'm one of those Americans who is unable to see anything special about "German engineering." Reliability is far more important to me.

That BMW 5 guy might've been driving something that was stripped bare of any important features while your GS 350 is probably loaded. Who has the better car? You do.

Last edited by Trek; 08-27-13 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-03-13, 09:54 PM
victorcong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry it Took so long, they just sent an email with the specs for the 2014 model, they Took more than ten days to reply, great service! even though out here we have to Pay a ton over mrsp, Well here is what i received, hope you can read spanish.
Attached Files

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350