GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 GS AWF F-Sport Good Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13 | 10:32 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Its all supply and demand. In western PA you have fewer dealers, hence they can demand more. I think you should travel down to DC, or maybe even try Philly, where there are more dealers and more inventory...

They can do more on a lease because of the rebate.
I'm just very puzzled, I hate to reach out to these dealers at this point because of some additional poking around on Truecar

Invoice with AWD F-Sport Package, Nav, ML Sound, Blind and Park Assist is 56990... Truecar is showing three certified dealers in the Washington DC area that will sell the car for 57,646 based on the options selected... On a PURCHASE and these options how do guys get this car for 53000? I realize there is some dealer cash but I'm reading on here were folks are getting 7-10% off sticker were 10% is in the CA area. Now even at sticker 60747 that is 54747 at 10% off... Please let me know the secrets to pull this off...

To me this just seems like fuzzy math to me.... Help!!!!!
Old 08-13-13 | 10:41 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

It's just a matter of playing their game.. or rather, using the sales game against them. If they think you "need" this car, they will try and hold the price up when in fact, they need you. That car will just sit there if you don't buy it. At that price they are asking, you add a few more dollars and get a brand new one.

That's just how I am about it. Gotta be somewhat smug and "matter-of-fact". It truly is just a game.

The cars you see in the DC area are what they are hoping to get (asking price). If they are asking 57K, you can get them down to 52K-53K, at least and they still make a little on the sale. They will hem and haw they they are losing money.. but they aren't.. not considering how long they have been sitting on the lot and losing value every day.

my /2cents
Old 08-13-13 | 03:11 PM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
It's just a matter of playing their game.. or rather, using the sales game against them. If they think you "need" this car, they will try and hold the price up when in fact, they need you. That car will just sit there if you don't buy it. At that price they are asking, you add a few more dollars and get a brand new one.

That's just how I am about it. Gotta be somewhat smug and "matter-of-fact". It truly is just a game.

The cars you see in the DC area are what they are hoping to get (asking price). If they are asking 57K, you can get them down to 52K-53K, at least and they still make a little on the sale. They will hem and haw they they are losing money.. but they aren't.. not considering how long they have been sitting on the lot and losing value every day.

my /2cents
Yea Stew I hear you... The used one they keep telling me they have 53,500 in the car and are asking a firm 54500 for the car. They stated that they did a customer a favor by buying the car from them so they could pass along the discount from a new one. I told them that if they truly paid that much for the car then they overpaid.... Have not heard from them since yesterday morning...

As for the ones in DC, this is about a 4-1/2 hour drive one way for me so they probably are not going to be to serious in dealing with me... This is not like Acura's were they new they had the money and passed it along to the customers...

Really not in a need for a car but this has now turned into a mission on this GS....
Old 08-13-13 | 03:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

TrueCar is not what it once was IMHO. I just shopped a Infiniti JX35, Truecar says $4k off...dealer threw out $7k off without any effort from me. In fact...some dealers list $7k off on their website inventory lists.

Dealers are never going to quote you their best price upfront. True, there is a price at which you can't really expect them to go below because they do have a wholesale cost and they need to make a profit...but you have to work it a little to get it there.
Old 08-13-13 | 03:50 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Good advice from everyone.

All of the car shopping websites and services are for novice buyers or those not interested in negotiating, IMHO. You can always do better yourself if you're prepared and if you indicate that you are serious about buying but also willing to walk away.

Here, in Northern California, you can get a $58,617 MSRP car for $52,200 without breaking a sweat.
Old 08-14-13 | 04:59 AM
jjskywlker
Rookie

Most people like to post fuzzy numbers and "great deals" they got. Bottom line is you are paying what the dealership wants you to pay, which is not going to be a loss for them. Below are the itemized details of what I paid in June.

2013 F-Sport AWD MSRP: $59,367
Negotiated selling price to $55,865 (alleged dealer invoice)
Lease cash incentive of $2500.
Final Cap Cost $53,315
3 year, 12k miles, base MF of .00095 (roughly 2.28% APR).
I paid tax title fees and 1st month payment upfront, which was about of about $3200 due at signing.

My base payment would have been $590, but I put down 6 multiple security deposits ($3300) and about $100 of cap cost reduction to get the MSD's under $550 (would have been $600 each without the cost reduction and slightly changed the numbers and amount of MSD's I put down) that dropped my final monthly to $547 a month with an adjusted MF of .00047.
Old 08-14-13 | 07:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

At invoice there is still profit in the car, about $1,000. Plus dealers do have coupons they can use from time to time to get the price where you want it to be. There's profit in the financing too.

If you're happy with your deal that's all that matters, but you probably could have done a little better.
Old 08-14-13 | 08:39 AM
escamar03
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ferrcad
Hey guys... I have owned Acura TL's my whole life and have what I think maybe a good deal on a used 2013 GS AWD F-Sport package with Nav, Blind Spot Monitor, Park Assist and Levinson package. The Car has 2455 miles and is black exterior with Cabernet interior...

Price is 54500 plus tax, title and tag transfer... Does this sound like a good price on this vehicle... Also, it is not certified... Please let me know thoughts on the price... Thanks
That seems about 5K too much. Look around in the DC area, you can probably find better deals here..
Old 08-14-13 | 08:46 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Once again these are leases which have some additional incentives... Are you guys saying that I can call one of these dealerships that are 4-1/2 hours one way for me and with them knowing that distance they will agree to a purchase (no lease) at 53,000 or less plus tax, tittle and tag transfer? Just not seeing this on my end... I have called Cleveland, Dayton, Pittsburgh and some in eastern PA and the best that I have got is 3000 off sticker...
Old 08-14-13 | 10:18 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

You are looking specifically for an AWD, right? If so, they are fairly rare. If it were me, I'd try to haggle down the local guy but heck, if I liked the car enough .. I'd still consider it when thinking of the time, energy and cost of testing dealers 4+ hours away.
Old 08-14-13 | 11:33 AM
mshmsh
Driver

Once again these are leases which have some additional incentives... Are you guys saying that I can call one of these dealerships that are 4-1/2 hours one way for me and with them knowing that distance they will agree to a purchase (no lease) at 53,000 or less plus tax, tittle and tag transfer? Just not seeing this on my end... I have called Cleveland, Dayton, Pittsburgh and some in eastern PA and the best that I have got is 3000 off sticker...
Yes you can! don't mention where you are located just say I have 53k cash and Im ready for purchase if you guys agree. and then hang up! let them call you and tell them you are 30 min away LOL thats how I made my dealer gets excited to sell me his car because I also mentioned that the other dealer has it ready in stock and I am waiting for someone to agree on my price! so both called with their offer.

Good luck
Old 08-14-13 | 06:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You are looking specifically for an AWD, right? If so, they are fairly rare.
They aren't rare up in the NE/Mid Atlantic where the OP and I are. You can't find a RWD GS here, they are ALL AWD. I would have preferred RWD but it would have had to be a special order or I would have had to travel to the south.
Old 08-15-13 | 05:05 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Stew, as stated below all F-Sports are pretty much AWD here in the North East. I wish I could get this guy who has the used one down to 53000 to save the hassle of heading to the DC area, trying to get one that has no drilled front license plate, right price etc... I think even at 53000 he is a little to steep but it would be worth it to me with the ML package... But he is locked in at 54,500 and that to me is way to high....
Old 08-15-13 | 05:18 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS
They aren't rare up in the NE/Mid Atlantic where the OP and I are. You can't find a RWD GS here, they are ALL AWD. I would have preferred RWD but it would have had to be a special order or I would have had to travel to the south.
I didn't realize that Lexus was that "limiting". I guees it works for them.

Stew, as stated below all F-Sports are pretty much AWD here in the North East. I wish I could get this guy who has the used one down to 53000 to save the hassle of heading to the DC area, trying to get one that has no drilled front license plate, right price etc... I think even at 53000 he is a little to steep but it would be worth it to me with the ML package... But he is locked in at 54,500 and that to me is way to high....
I am surprised that he is that locked in on the number. Is this a Lexus dealer?
Old 08-15-13 | 05:57 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

I didn't realize that Lexus was that "limiting". I guees it works for them.

I am surprised that he is that locked in on the number. Is this a Lexus dealer?
Toyota so he should know the numbers.... and also realize that he is about 3500 to high.... But as of Monday he was still singing the high number because they did a "good" customer a favor of buying the car from him. I told him that if he truly purchased the car at 53500 then he over paid for the car and I wished him luck in selling the car. It even got so interesting on Saturday that they stated they had a Lexus dealership call them to purchase the vehicle for 53000 which they told me they were not going to sell at a wholesale price.... I just laughed and it has turned into a big time run around at this point... So I kind of ended it Monday with them.. Car Guru's in showing it as a bad deal being about 6100 over priced... I think 6100 is a bit high of a number but I think 3500 - 4000 off of 54500 seems about right for the car, miles and options....

Last edited by Ferrcad; 08-15-13 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 GS AWF F-Sport Good Price