Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For that much price difference, it would be well worth the cost to travel
Old 08-15-13, 07:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Yeah its all supply and demand, down here you have tons of dealers and tons of cars making for better deals.

Here's a link to the dealer where I bought mine, as you can see they have access to 70 2013 GS350s. 70. Although only 7 of them are F-Sports.

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/yourl...delSubGroup=GS
Old 08-15-13, 08:11 AM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody here ever purchase a car from out of state (like 2 states away)? I was wondering how the tax considerations work out. Wouldn't mind the long drive home to get accustomed to my car.
Old 08-15-13, 08:14 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Yeah its all supply and demand, down here you have tons of dealers and tons of cars making for better deals.

Here's a link to the dealer where I bought mine, as you can see they have access to 70 2013 GS350s. 70. Although only 7 of them are F-Sports.

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/yourl...delSubGroup=GS
Yes I have seen this site... I have also looked at a few others and I have seen no F-Sport AWD with the added ML sound systems like the used one has up here near me so that is why I kind of been hesitate to start dealing when I'm not comparing apples to apples. As I have said Steve, the drilled bumper is a real deal breaker for me and most/all in the DC area will be prepped for delivery which will be drilled.
Old 08-15-13, 08:17 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
Anybody here ever purchase a car from out of state (like 2 states away)? I was wondering how the tax considerations work out. Wouldn't mind the long drive home to get accustomed to my car.
Taxes are paid based upon where you live and not where you purchase the vehicle. When you register the vehicle, that's when you have to pay taxes on it. A dealer can do that for you or if you buy from a private seller, you pay at the DMV.
Old 08-15-13, 08:17 AM
Ferrcad
Driver School Candidate

Others can chime in but I have always found that you pay the tax rate in your county/state that you live in. In Pennsylvania the rate were I live is 6% which is based on purchase price or price minus trade (difference). You are still required to pay any type of documentation fees at the dealership. I know in the past that title and tag transfer cost were also based on your residency of state prices. I hope this helps...
Old 08-15-13, 09:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Correct, taxes are paid where you title the vehicle. We've bought cars in MD, VA, DC, WV, PA and titled them in MD, this is how its always worked.

Originally Posted by Ferrcad
Yes I have seen this site... I have also looked at a few others and I have seen no F-Sport AWD with the added ML sound systems like the used one has up here near me so that is why I kind of been hesitate to start dealing when I'm not comparing apples to apples. As I have said Steve, the drilled bumper is a real deal breaker for me and most/all in the DC area will be prepped for delivery which will be drilled.
If thats the case, then you should probably go ahead and pull the trigger on the lowest that guy will go. The ML audio is pretty rare, and if you had to order one it would be a 2014 and it would be harder to get a deal.

Personally, for me the ML audio isn't worth paying the same money for a used one vs a new one. Even if its only 2k miles, its still used, it will still be a 2 owner car when you go to trade it or sell it. The front bumper is an annoyance, but you can always use bumper plugs.

Your chances of finding another one used with the ML audio is also pretty remote...
Old 08-15-13, 10:48 AM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by Ferrcad
Others can chime in but I have always found that you pay the tax rate in your county/state that you live in. In Pennsylvania the rate were I live is 6% which is based on purchase price or price minus trade (difference). You are still required to pay any type of documentation fees at the dealership. I know in the past that title and tag transfer cost were also based on your residency of state prices. I hope this helps...
I'm just wondering because I live 10 hours away from CA, but spend about a week there per month (all my family is there). I just bought a new car so this won't apply until next time, but it seems that there's much greater deals to be had there.

So the dealer takes care of the paperwork and forwarding the tax even if you live 2 states away? Or do you have to drive an unregistered car and register it yourself in your own state?
Old 08-15-13, 10:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So the dealer takes care of the paperwork and forwarding the tax even if you live 2 states away? Or do you have to drive an unregistered car and register it yourself in your own state?
They'll give you a temp tag and temp registration for the state you bought it in, and your real tags should come from the state you live in. Should be seamless...
Old 08-15-13, 11:29 AM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
They'll give you a temp tag and temp registration for the state you bought it in, and your real tags should come from the state you live in. Should be seamless...
If you have a temp registration in the state you bought it in, wouldn't you have to pay taxes in that state too?

Sorry I guess I kinda hijacked the thread.. But I guess it's still SORT OF related. The OP can buy from any dealer he's comfortable driving to.
Old 08-15-13, 01:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Nope, you only have to pay taxes in the state you register it in.
Old 08-15-13, 01:55 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

MA is different.
I'm in Jersey and bought a Lexus at a dealer in MA and had to sign a paper saying I took delivery in RI ()so I didn't pay MA sales tax too.
MA also doesn't have 30 day temp transit plates.You must wait till they receive your state's plates and/or registration to pick up the vehicle.
Old 08-15-13, 02:11 PM
jam33
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
MA is different.
I'm in Jersey and bought a Lexus at a dealer in MA and had to sign a paper saying I took delivery in RI ()so I didn't pay MA sales tax too.
MA also doesn't have 30 day temp transit plates.You must wait till they receive your state's plates and/or registration to pick up the vehicle.
Yep, I found that out the hard way. I bought off the lot on Saturday and couldn't pick up the car until Monday.
Old 08-15-13, 03:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Really? Thats annoying...
Old 08-18-13, 06:38 PM
ioh789
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I am also looking for a 2013 GS F sport as well in eastern PA, 30 mins from philly and looking for the best deal as well.
What's the price for a new GS f now anyone>?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2013 GS AWF F-Sport Good Price