GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: should they honor there advertise warranty and replace the wheels?
YES
83.33%
NO
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Defect Vossen wheels,warranty denied ?? (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 03:30 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bean006
Yeah!!!

Glad to know that Vossen Team is on top of things. This gives great comfort to Vossen fans like myself!

Several months an a thread later they want to help, and that gives you great comfort?

Once again, sad to see that it had to take a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT for them to step up to the plate.

Last edited by Vroomin350; 09-17-13 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-17-13, 03:47 PM
jmb2027
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
I had to post this so I can get everybody's opinion on it, I had purchased Vossen CV2 from wheel warehouse in July, love the wheels, and kept on posting it on CL, as u guys can see it and cpl of month later I stared hearing this noise coming from the wheel, ticking noise from the stainless lip, so I recorded it on my phone , and the Sema show came on in Nov. and went met Alex at the Vossen booth, and showed him the video, and he was surprised, and said I never seen that before, but, when I get back I will handle it, time passes it started getting worse and I contacted WW, and talked to them , and me being bzy with work and the mods done on the car, could not take the wheels off to send it in, then I stopped by WW and showed more videos to the salesman and he could not blv it either, and while I was there trying to back up he heard the noise from the wheels, and he said wow, just heard it, it sound like the lip its not pressed on it correctly or glued on, I dont know how they do it., so I end up posting it on youtube, so he can send it to Vossen ppl and see what they can do abt it, and they siad sure no problem , we need to get the wheels here, then it took me 2 month until I found some wheels to clear my BBK and $5OO down the drain for it so I can get my wheels to them , after 3 weeks and running out of patience, talked to them on Tuesday and they said they wont handle the warranty, the wheels are fine its my BBK , so they video I took and they watched it is all BS and the WW salesman seeing it himself is a liar, so where does the 5 yr manufacture warranty cover, and on top of it, I did not have the BBK on the rear when the noise was there, I got that installed 7 month later so what is the excuse, and now I have XXR wheels on with the same design lip, how come it does not make that noise now,so what is the excuse for that, and supposedly they put the wheels on the same car and drove it for an hr. and no noise, but how would I know they did that,no video and no proof, but my recording and the salesman seeing in is not enough, I have two video links , one is clear and the second one is shot in the dark in a garage, sorry, but u can hear it,so what do u think Vossen should do, stand behind there product or what ? sorry for the long story, but I had to
Originally Posted by Blueprint
Hey I just spoke to the team, the wheels were warrantied 2 weeks ago so I have to see what the hold up is and where the breakdown was in regards to communication.Again sorry for the drawn out issue.

Mike
OP's videos were published on YouTube July 27
something doesn't add up here
either OP is exaggerating to get what he wants
or blueprint is lying to get the flame away

Last edited by jmb2027; 09-17-13 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-17-13, 04:02 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^
Seeing as this issue was only resolved after this thread was made, I am 100% it was the latter of the two.
Old 09-17-13, 05:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts
Exclamation

Guys, getting pretty tiring seeing the same people saying the same thing over and over in Vossen threads and creating recurring conflict. The posting patterns are pretty clear when you have a negative agenda whether its due to personal relationships, sponsorship by another wheel company, past experience, idiotic #teamwheel nonsense etc.

NO company is perfect and threads like these are often important to our members to get issues resolved just as happened here. Those with agendas bumping threads like this when something is clearly resolved for several days to pile on a negative 2 cents illustrates that recurring biased viewpoint.

Before I get a bunch of PMs stating "Dave, you are just favoring Vossen here because they are a sponsor on CL" let me point out a few things.

1) this thread remained open until the vendor stepped in and worked to fully fix the issue to the members satisfaction. It wasn't removed. I could care less about the two shooters on the grassy knoll posting about two week warranty claims. All that matters is the OPs issue is resolved.

2) we are absolutely fine with negative or positive feedback on <insert vendor name here> whether they are a sponsor of CL or not. What causes issue is the same set of people actively searching up threads with <insert vendor name> every week to bash them because they have some sort of personal vendetta or agenda.

3) the moderator team here on CL is fully comprised of volunteers. We get no money from any of our CL vendors. None. We get regular complaints from our vendors who don't like things we do here, like not removing threads like this one or not allowing vendor ad threads all over the forum. Vossen complains all the time All we care about is our community and keeping the peace here.

We do value the contributions of the members creating these conflicts; most of their posts are constructive. But for some reason the personal wheel agenda keeps rearing its ugly head so I will ask this. You have said your peace over and over and it's time to move forward now. For the sake of the community and your continued membership please cease this nonsense.

If you are reading this and you think it's directed at you, please take notice. This recurring problem is going to end. Thank you.