GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Updates for 2014 GS!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 10:07 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dseag2
Well, congratulations on getting a great deal and welcome to the GS club!
thanks
Old 10-14-13, 10:29 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

I'm in the industry and this is bull*****
Old 10-14-13, 11:49 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

:umadbro: lol
Old 10-15-13, 05:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

$18K off the sticker...
Old 10-15-13, 08:13 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Post pics of contract or it didn't happen lol
Either this guy is trollin' hard, or the GM is on crack.
Old 10-15-13, 08:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by elusive
Post pics of contract or it didn't happen lol
Either this guy is trollin' hard, or the GM is on crack.
Aw c'mon...dealers love to lose $10K on a deal.
Old 10-15-13, 09:18 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thISguy350
7 miles, clean title. brand new GS 350 F sport, ML Nav BM park assist... i understand people may find it hard to believe, but it happened. i got lucky that i had a neighbor that was a GM.
"Was" being the operative word. He isn't long for the car business putting deals together like that! LOL
Old 10-15-13, 11:21 AM
thISguy350
Pole Position

well im no "troll" i just wanted to be happy about the deal i got. my wife and i got two f sports for a real good price, whether they made money on one car and lost their *** on the other i don't care. i really appreciate the welcome to the group though.
Old 10-15-13, 11:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

7 miles, clean title. brand new GS 350 F sport, ML Nav BM park assist... i understand people may find it hard to believe, but it happened. i got lucky that i had a neighbor that was a GM.
What you are claiming is just not possible. You willing to post the purchase order and contract?

They would have had to pay Lexus money in order to sell you the car for that price.
Old 10-15-13, 11:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

for one, why do you care so much? for two, im not going to put my info out there. idgaf if you believe me or not.
Because this forum is a source of information for everyone. People come here to get feedback on negotiating deals to purchase these cars, and when information is out there that is just patently impossible such as your purchase price for this car, it skews their understanding of what can be accomplished in a negotiation.

Dozens and dozens of people have posted the nuts and bolts of their deals here including me, we know the profit margins on these cars, we know what can and cannot be accomplished when negotiating to purchase one. This deal you have claimed to have made is not possible. The dealership is not going to loose $10,000 on a car...they'll keep it and use it as a loaner before they do that. We just want that to be clear to everybody when they read this and get pissed off when a dealer laughs them off the lot when they try and offer that kind of price.
Old 10-15-13, 11:54 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Because this forum is a source of information for everyone. People come here to get feedback on negotiating deals to purchase these cars, and when information is out there that is just patently impossible such as your purchase price for this car, it skews their understanding of what can be accomplished in a negotiation.

Dozens and dozens of people have posted the nuts and bolts of their deals here including me, we know the profit margins on these cars, we know what can and cannot be accomplished when negotiating to purchase one. This deal you have claimed to have made is not possible. The dealership is not going to loose $10,000 on a car...they'll keep it and use it as a loaner before they do that. We just want that to be clear to everybody when they read this and get pissed off when a dealer laughs them off the lot when they try and offer that kind of price.
I really appreciate your posts and calling him out on the impossible deal. He might as well just posted the GM gave him the car for free. But, you need to relax as the fact remains anyone getting over $6,000 off on a new GS 350 F sport is doing very well and anyone getting $8,000 off is probably blowing the sales manager. I can only imagine what this dude had to do to get the deal.
Old 10-15-13, 11:57 AM
thISguy350
Pole Position

well that makes sense then. my deal shouldn't be used as a reference as i bought two cars from a neighbor that IS a GM and he wanted to make sure that we were taken care of. either way, im a proud new owner of two f sports.
Old 10-15-13, 12:06 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Valueguy
I really appreciate your posts and calling him out on the impossible deal. He might as well just posted the GM gave him the car for free. But, you need to relax as the fact remains anyone getting over $6,000 off on a new GS 350 F sport is doing very well and anyone getting $8,000 off is probably blowing the sales manager. I can only imagine what this dude had to do to get the deal.
LOL

I can imagine too. After hours car deals are the best! Sounds like everyone was taken care of in this deal. Congrats.
Old 10-15-13, 12:13 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

He got you somewhere.
That is one complicated statement, Steve.
Old 10-15-13, 05:11 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I notice that the car was leased ($3300 lease cash). Maybe he is confused and that is the residual. I was at a dealer last week where I have been on good terms with the sales manager. He told me there are killer lease deals right now and that number sounds about right for a residual.

Quick Reply: New Updates for 2014 GS!!