GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Observations from ES Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 09:07 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes. Maybe yours are programmed differently, but mine switch off when I turn off the car and I have to turn them on again every time I start it again. Anybody else with the same situation?
I have to turn them back on after I restart the car also. Definite sounds like the dealer programmed it to stay on. Might try to get that done next visit.
Old 10-12-13, 10:03 AM
Rbradleysd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left my GS350 at the dealership today for "cosmetic" service. Really glad I got the Wheel and Dent packages because I have both, so they are going to make my baby look as good as new.

Anyway, I have an ES350 as a loaner and I've never even sat in one before. For what it's worth, here are a few observations:

-The car gets up to speed pretty quickly, but in Sport mode I actually felt torque steer through the steering wheel.
-The steering is about as numb as it gets
-The seats are soft and non-supportive. My back is aching already.
-It soaks up bumps fairly well, but there is about as much road noise as with my GS F Sport, This surprised me considering the high performance tires on the GS.
-The standard sound system is actually pretty good. Actually made me wonder if the ML system is really worth it.
-Some of the plastics on the console and the headliner are cheap, cheap, cheap
-I really like the dash layout in the ES. Pretty sharp.
-The seat coolers stay ON even when the car is restarted. Why don't they stay on in the GS?

That's pretty much it. If an ES became my only choice I could certainly be happy with it, but I am so looking forward to getting my GS back!
FYI my seat coolers stay on
Old 10-12-13, 12:27 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine stay on too...
Old 10-14-13, 12:22 PM
LexFather

I left my GS350 at the dealership today for "cosmetic" service. Really glad I got the Wheel and Dent packages because I have both, so they are going to make my baby look as good as new.

Anyway, I have an ES350 as a loaner and I've never even sat in one before. For what it's worth, here are a few observations:

-The car gets up to speed pretty quickly, but in Sport mode I actually felt torque steer through the steering wheel.
-The steering is about as numb as it gets
-The seats are soft and non-supportive. My back is aching already.
-It soaks up bumps fairly well, but there is about as much road noise as with my GS F Sport, This surprised me considering the high performance tires on the GS.
-The standard sound system is actually pretty good. Actually made me wonder if the ML system is really worth it.
-Some of the plastics on the console and the headliner are cheap, cheap, cheap
-I really like the dash layout in the ES. Pretty sharp.
-The seat coolers stay ON even when the car is restarted. Why don't they stay on in the GS?

That's pretty much it. If an ES became my only choice I could certainly be happy with it, but I am so looking forward to getting my GS back!
Nice write-up, I agree. Our GS seat coolers stay on when the car is re-started.