GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Aluminum pedals on a non f sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 04:05 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
This post took soooo much time to understand. Eventually figured out that 40+ meant 40 celsius, and thongs meant flip fllops... dude, I can't tell you the kind of imagery that went through my head...
Haha sorry, 40C must be well over 100F, I should have notated.
Not going to apologise for my comfy Billabong thongs. And yes, you can only buy them in pairs! 😁
Old 01-10-19, 11:14 AM
thallium
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
I added Fsport pedals to my 2013 non Fsport. The gas pedal has 2 plastic bolts. I literally had to pull it up with force to get it off.
I don't quite understand. You yanked it off but it had bolts? You didn't remove nuts or anything? Is it like one of the ebay pictures I posted earlier? Mine is like the second with a small base that protrudes into the floor and is held in place by clips.
Old 01-10-19, 11:56 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
Haha sorry, 40C must be well over 100F, I should have notated.
Not going to apologise for my comfy Billabong thongs. And yes, you can only buy them in pairs! 😁
Wasn’t thinking Billabong... this is a thong (LOL):

Old 01-10-19, 01:49 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee

Wasn’t thinking Billabong... this is a thong (LOL):

Class! There's a place for those next to the Borat mankini.
Old 01-11-19, 09:48 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by thallium
I don't quite understand. You yanked it off but it had bolts? You didn't remove nuts or anything? Is it like one of the ebay pictures I posted earlier? Mine is like the second with a small base that protrudes into the floor and is held in place by clips.
Sorry, got distracted by the lexus thong...lol. But to be more specific I meant, the plastic clips. I literally yanked the pedal out with the plastic clips. Since its plastic clips, it will come out of there with force.
Old 01-22-19, 02:46 PM
thallium
Intermediate

If anyone cares, I got around to trying to remove my gas pedal again and finally got it off. This is a 2013 GS350 RWD non-f sport. The pedal is a clip-on and does not have bolts. There is a protrusion at the base of the pedal that extends into the floor board. In it there are three clips. The protruding piece fits over the top of a piece of metal with three holes that the three clips hold on to.

I first tried tugging and prying and twisting but all I did was hurt my hands and worry that I might damage the actual throttle extension that fits into the top of the pedal. To get it off I took a stubby flat head screw driver and had to work it in below the pedal base plate from the side facing the front of the car at about a 45 deg angle into each of the three holes to deflect the clip while wiggling the pedal and pulling it up. It eventually came free.

Last edited by thallium; 01-22-19 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-22-19, 03:29 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

If anyone cares, I got around to trying to remove my gas pedal again and finally got it off. This is a 2013 GS350 non-f sport. The pedal is a clip-on and does not have bolts. There is a protrusion at the base of the pedal that extends into the floor board. In it there are three clips. The protruding piece fits over the top of a piece of metal with three holes that the three clips hold on to.

I first tried tugging and prying and twisting but all I did was hurt my hands and worry that I might damage the actual throttle extension that fits into the top of the pedal. To get it off I took a stubby flat head screw driver and had to work it in below the pedal base plate from the side facing the front of the car at about a 45 deg angle into each of the three holes to deflect the clip while wiggling the pedal and pulling it up. It eventually came free.
Nice job! Post some pics of the results.
Old 03-15-19, 02:18 PM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

If anyone cares, I got around to trying to remove my gas pedal again and finally got it off. This is a 2013 GS350 RWD non-f sport. The pedal is a clip-on and does not have bolts. There is a protrusion at the base of the pedal that extends into the floor board. In it there are three clips. The protruding piece fits over the top of a piece of metal with three holes that the three clips hold on to.

I am trying to do it . How long is the flat head ? I am trying to reach with a normal length flathead , no luck .
Old 03-15-19, 03:42 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ALK
I am trying to do it . How long is the flat head ? I am trying to reach with a normal length flathead , no luck .

The back side of the throttle pedal base.

I think I said I used a stubby; about 3-4 inches long. Yeah, a long one won't fit between the firewall and the base of the throttle pedal. In the picture you can see the base of the clips on the right and the left. It's kind of chewed up where I was working the screwdriver in. The clip in the center is facing the other way and I don't think I had to push on it once I got the side clips removed. If you did need to release the center clip you'd attack it from the other side.
Old 07-27-20, 01:05 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bump for this thread. Ive read through and tried to remove my accelerator pedal with no success. Im trying to remove it to give it a good clean or if that doesnt work to replace with a new set.

Does anyone else have any advice on how to get it out? Mine is the "clip" method like in the screen shot above, there are no bolts, which would have been much easier...
Old 07-27-20, 01:37 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
Bump for this thread. Ive read through and tried to remove my accelerator pedal with no success. Im trying to remove it to give it a good clean or if that doesnt work to replace with a new set.

Does anyone else have any advice on how to get it out? Mine is the "clip" method like in the screen shot above, there are no bolts, which would have been much easier...
Just need a flat head screw driver to jam in there to pry it out. Likely you will mangle it up. My 2013 was bolted in and easy to remove, not sure why Lexus changed to the stupid clipped method, maybe to deter people from changing it.