GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

See you guys at sema first full kitted gs

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-13, 03:09 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by project328
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I appreciate the people who understand the origin and styling of this Japanese VIP build. For those that do not like it please keep your comments to your selves. I'm just not the type of person that wants to build my car the way everyone else does.
if you only wanted positive comments, then why did you ask for an opinion?

that's like asking a woman if these pants make her *** look fat!

as i have said so many times before on this site. people who like to spend their money fixing up their car to make it look or sound like something it was never supposed to be call it customization.

what it really means is you do these things because you want attention, anyone who doesn't give you the attention your looking for, you simply don't want to hear from.

but i think it is important that you know just how many people are actually laughing at the things you do to your car, so you don't go through life with the wrong impression of what everyone else thinks!

sooner of later when you get a little older, you'll come to realize that the only person who cares what you drive, how it looks or what kind of clothes you wear is YOU! nobody else cares!

so if it makes you feel better spending all that money and effort into a car to make yourself feel good, then go for it!
once your done with the car and ready to move on to something different the resale value that you lost (meaning nobody will be interested in giving you anywhere near the value of a similarly equipped vehicle) it will become abundantly much more clear how not interested and how not cool everyone else thinks it is.
until then, enjoy!
you only live once!
but if you can't stand the heat! stay out of the kitchen!
if you don't want opinions, then don't ask for them.

and before i get flamed for this post, i am just as entitled to my opinion as anyone else. if i happened to shed some logic to your world i am sorry if you didn't like it, perhaps it will help you in some way some day should you choose to take it into consideration.

in the mean time, i personally still don't like the look. i can think of several derogatory things to say but ill just sum it up by saying, to me it looks like something a teenager would do to his civic! i wish people could just enjoy a Lexus for what it is. i am certain you won't find many people doing these sorts of things to a cadillac, mercedes, or a BMW seems like the people who buy those cars are a little more grown up than some of the people here.
why do so many people do this to japanese cars? is it because people in japan think cars should look like they came right out of the movie fast and the furious? did Tokyo drift do something to the japanese way of life and style fashions?
strange…
Old 11-10-13, 11:30 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sensitive!!! Lol
I understand where your original comment was coming from! Keep doing you!
Old 11-10-13, 11:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

aren't these the Jobdesign kits? I persoanally think they look great... Nice and aggressive with style... Sema is all about being different...
Old 11-10-13, 11:40 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech

as i have said so many times before on this site. people who like to spend their money fixing up their car to make it look or sound like something it was never supposed to be call it customization.

what it really means is you do these things because you want attention, anyone who doesn't give you the attention your looking for, you simply don't want to hear from.

but i think it is important that you know just how many people are actually laughing at the things you do to your car, so you don't go through life with the wrong impression of what everyone else thinks!

sooner of later when you get a little older, you'll come to realize that the only person who cares what you drive, how it looks or what kind of clothes you wear is YOU! nobody else cares!

so if it makes you feel better spending all that money and effort into a car to make yourself feel good, then go for it!
once your done with the car and ready to move on to something different the resale value that you lost (meaning nobody will be interested in giving you anywhere near the value of a similarly equipped vehicle) it will become abundantly much more clear how not interested and how not cool everyone else thinks it is.
until then, enjoy!
you only live once!

and before i get flamed for this post, i am just as entitled to my opinion as anyone else. if i happened to shed some logic to your world i am sorry if you didn't like it, perhaps it will help you in some way some day should you choose to take it into consideration.

in the mean time, i personally still don't like the look. i can think of several derogatory things to say but ill just sum it up by saying, to me it looks like something a teenager would do to his civic! i wish people could just enjoy a Lexus for what it is. i am certain you won't find many people doing these sorts of things to a cadillac, mercedes, or a BMW seems like the people who buy those cars are a little more grown up than some of the people here.
why do so many people do this to japanese cars? is it because people in japan think cars should look like they came right out of the movie fast and the furious? did Tokyo drift do something to the japanese way of life and style fashions?
strange…
Old 11-11-13, 06:05 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

until then, enjoy!
you only live once!

strange…
For someone who doesn't care what this guy is driving or has done to his car, you sure have strong feelings about it...

As for resale, aside from old exotics and possibly C1/C2's, cars are terrible investments. Mods or no mods. Not sure what your point was with that.
Old 11-11-13, 06:28 AM
project328
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

until then, enjoy!
you only live once!

strange…

So..... I shouldn't add more leds?
Old 11-11-13, 06:39 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks nice but the front led ruined it.
Old 11-11-13, 07:31 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so..... I shouldn't add more leds?
bigger everything!!!!!!!111111111
Old 11-11-13, 02:15 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So..... I shouldn't add more leds?
if you took out the LED's around the fog lights it'd look kinda nice. The LED's are really pointless and make it look like a car that should be a little miniature car for hot wheels, not a actual car
Old 01-30-14, 09:41 PM
d2w4x8nb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, that car is different and str8 bad ***!!! It is busy, but I've NEVER seen one like it!!! I would totally let you guys hook up my car!!! It even looks better in the day light!! Damn Damn Damn...keep up the great work!!
Old 02-15-14, 10:45 AM
UKNOWME
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so..... I shouldn't add more leds?
just one more!