GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-14, 09:30 PM
Momofosho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone! I'm back! Sorry for disappearing for about a week while I was working deals, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me in during this past week with their great PM's and advice (EchoDelta, FastTags, PilotPri) the collective knowledge on this board is impressive and I can't stress enough how working together and helping each other will collectively benefit all of us. I'm very excited to announce that I have made a deal and plan to pull the trigger this coming Monday but of course I wanted to post my lease details here and get everyone's opinion. I think I did very well (especially for my first lease agreement ever) but feel free to express your opinions/advice. Details are as follows (figures are rounded):

2014 GS 350 AWD F-Sport (obsidian/cabernet)

Sticker Price: $59,490
Sale Price: $51,935 (including rebate)
Term: 27 months
Mileage: 15,000 / yr
Residual: 66%
Money Factor: 0.00040
Total Out of Pocket Cost: $1,500 (including all fees,acquisition, delivery, docs, tax, title, reg, 1st payment)
Additional Money Down: $0
Total Monthly Payment: $537 (including tax)

Now, after I negotiated this deal on paper I was able to lower the money factor from 0.00040 to 0.00020 by taking advantage of MSD (They would only let me do 4 total, because the money factor was already so low, so I had them run that in the computer) so after a security deposit of $2,150 (which would be returned to me at lease end, plus interest) my new total monthly payment would be: $520 (including tax)

I think I did pretty well here, hopefully this is a victory for us on the East Coast as all the top deals I was seeing were going to the West Coast drivers, hopefully this proves that we can get good deals on the East Coast too with a little bit of skill! I live in MA. Go pats! What do you guys think about pulling the trigger on this deal?

Now that I've shared the lease details with you guys, I also need your opinion on one last matter. The only thing I am considering as an "extra" is wheel/tire protection. at $999 for 36 months of coverage (my lease is for 27 months so I would get approx $333 back at the end if I didn't extend the lease) its an additional $37 a month which would bump my total payment up to $557. Basically, it covers unlimited tire replacements, rim damage, and even full rim replacement with no deductible and they also give you loaner car for the day. This could potentially save me money down the line as the low pro Michelin performance tires cost about $300-400 each and the rims cost about $900 each (from the factory). I am really on the fence with this one. I live in New England so we have really bad winters and I have had bad luck with tires and rims in the past on other cars. I may try to negotiate the $999 warranty price down to a lower figure and see if I can make that work. But based on these numbers, what would you suggest? Anyone have or had this coverage in the past and can share some words of wisdom?

Again just to clarify. Regular payment: $520 + warranty coverage= $557 (but get back $333 at lease end)

Last important note, I was told that you can cancel this coverage at any time, on a month by month basis, even if you already used it and put a claim through. However, as it is an insurance item, once you cancel it, you cannot reactivate it (at least not through Lexus). So what i was considering was potentially, adding it and keeping it for the winter and see how it goes, and then maybe cancel down the road. That's pretty much it. What do you guys think? Thanks for everything!
Old 07-08-14, 10:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

$52K for AWD FSport is really cheap. Is Lexus having another crazy sales event again now?
Old 07-08-14, 11:00 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Momofosho

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $1,500 (including all fees,acquisition, delivery, docs, tax, title, reg, 1st payment)
Negotiated price 13% off msrp, interest rate less than 1% even better with MSD, and very little money down. Congratulate yourself you've done your homework! This is a great lease go ahead and sign.

I would skip the wheel protection. Highly unlikely that you will need the service so save yourself the cash. Post some pics when you bring her home.
Old 07-09-14, 03:14 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great deal. Matches my Calculations.

by my clac. (Residual $39,263, Tax 6.25% $3,245 , Lic fees about $300 ) it should be around $536 MF.0004 and $516 with MF .0002.

MF.0002 is about $500 rent charge, with .0004 is about $1,000, difference is about $500.

Also, you said you doing the MSD, its like a deposit right? It doe NOT effect the monthly payments since you are getting the deposit back, right?

The price is actually $52,935 -$1000 Rebate. Invoice is about $55,000

Nice, I paid about $52,000 - $1250 Rebate on a $57,900 MSRP. You got a similar deal.

Last edited by FastTags; 07-09-14 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-09-14, 09:33 AM
joebruin
Driver School Candidate

When I did MSD on es300h last year, each deposit lowered MF by 0.00008. Does GS only lower by 0.0005? If it was the same as es300h, after 4 deposits, the MF should be from 0.0004 to 0.00008.
Old 07-09-14, 09:53 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

Hello everyone! I'm back! Sorry for disappearing for about a week while I was working deals, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me in during this past week with their great PM's and advice (EchoDelta, FastTags, PilotPri) the collective knowledge on this board is impressive and I can't stress enough how working together and helping each other will collectively benefit all of us. I'm very excited to announce that I have made a deal and plan to pull the trigger this coming Monday but of course I wanted to post my lease details here and get everyone's opinion. I think I did very well (especially for my first lease agreement ever) but feel free to express your opinions/advice. Details are as follows (figures are rounded):

Now, after I negotiated this deal on paper I was able to lower the money factor from 0.00040 to 0.00020 by taking advantage of MSD (They would only let me do 4 total, because the money factor was already so low, so I had them run that in the computer) so after a security deposit of $2,150 (which would be returned to me at lease end, plus interest) my new total monthly payment would be: $520 (including tax)

I think I did pretty well here, hopefully this is a victory for us on the East Coast as all the top deals I was seeing were going to the West Coast drivers, hopefully this proves that we can get good deals on the East Coast too with a little bit of skill! I live in MA. Go pats! What do you guys think about pulling the trigger on this deal?

Now that I've shared the lease details with you guys, I also need your opinion on one last matter. The only thing I am considering as an "extra" is wheel/tire protection. at $999 for 36 months of coverage (my lease is for 27 months so I would get approx $333 back at the end if I didn't extend the lease) its an additional $37 a month which would bump my total payment up to $557. Basically, it covers unlimited tire replacements, rim damage, and even full rim replacement with no deductible and they also give you loaner car for the day. This could potentially save me money down the line as the low pro Michelin performance tires cost about $300-400 each and the rims cost about $900 each (from the factory). I am really on the fence with this one. I live in New England so we have really bad winters and I have had bad luck with tires and rims in the past on other cars. I may try to negotiate the $999 warranty price down to a lower figure and see if I can make that work. But based on these numbers, what would you suggest? Anyone have or had this coverage in the past and can share some words of wisdom?

Again just to clarify. Regular payment: $520 + warranty coverage= $557 (but get back $333 at lease end)

Last important note, I was told that you can cancel this coverage at any time, on a month by month basis, even if you already used it and put a claim through. However, as it is an insurance item, once you cancel it, you cannot reactivate it (at least not through Lexus). So what i was considering was potentially, adding it and keeping it for the winter and see how it goes, and then maybe cancel down the road. That's pretty much it. What do you guys think? Thanks for everything!
awesome deal....what is the rebate running right now
Old 07-09-14, 11:11 AM
rusn007
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how I did:
I did a 24 month lease on a 2014 GS350 w/ navi (not f sport). The sticker was around $52K.
Ended up $0 down and $0 first month. $380 a month for the remaining 23 months of the lease (with Cali tax, monthly payments come out to be $415).
Old 07-09-14, 09:53 PM
Momofosho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mso4
Negotiated price 13% off msrp, interest rate less than 1% even better with MSD, and very little money down. Congratulate yourself you've done your homework! This is a great lease go ahead and sign.

I would skip the wheel protection. Highly unlikely that you will need the service so save yourself the cash. Post some pics when you bring her home.
Thanks! Im going to bring the check for the deposit and pull the trigger this week! I'll be sure to post some pics when I bring this baby home! Decided I'm going to skip the wheel protection plan. it's a profit packer for the dealer for sure. Have a friend who worked for Lexus a while back and I spoke to him last night and he told me the real cost of the insurance is about $500-$600. Marked up to between $999-$1199. The business manager then gets a commission based off a percentage of the markup.
Old 07-09-14, 09:58 PM
Momofosho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastTags
Great deal. Matches my Calculations.

by my clac. (Residual $39,263, Tax 6.25% $3,245 , Lic fees about $300 ) it should be around $536 MF.0004 and $516 with MF .0002.

MF.0002 is about $500 rent charge, with .0004 is about $1,000, difference is about $500.

Also, you said you doing the MSD, its like a deposit right? It doe NOT effect the monthly payments since you are getting the deposit back, right?

The price is actually $52,935 -$1000 Rebate. Invoice is about $55,000

Nice, I paid about $52,000 - $1250 Rebate on a $57,900 MSRP. You got a similar deal.
Exactly, the MSD is just a deposit, it is NOT a cap cost reduction, and therefore only affects the monthly payment in terms of rent charge. At lease end I'll get it back plus interest. I'm guessing they probably hold it in a money market account or something like that.

Last edited by Momofosho; 07-09-14 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-09-14, 10:12 PM
Momofosho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joebruin
When I did MSD on es300h last year, each deposit lowered MF by 0.00008. Does GS only lower by 0.0005? If it was the same as es300h, after 4 deposits, the MF should be from 0.0004 to 0.00008.
I think it's unlikely that there is a difference between money factor among different models. There could be a current floor for the money factor at 0.0002, meaning you can't get it any lower (at least not by using MSD) that's equivalent to an APR of only 0.48% ! Or what's even more likely that crossed my mind is that the money factors changed from last year when you got your ES, based on the declining interest rate environment (after all let's not forget what the money factor really represents: interest being charged for depreciation on money lent from a bank)

Last edited by Momofosho; 07-10-14 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-09-14, 10:22 PM
Momofosho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYCIS350
awesome deal....what is the rebate running right now
Thanks!! The rebate was actually $1,750
Old 07-10-14, 08:10 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

anyone know current July numbers for a 2014 GS350 AWD w/ F-Sport package. 36mo, 15k miles and 27mo 15K miles......
Old 07-10-14, 07:53 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Check the Edmunds.com forums
Old 07-14-14, 06:42 AM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Nice deal MoMo...doooo it lol!!!
Old 07-15-14, 10:35 AM
Rocket55
Driver School Candidate

Good stuff everyone!!!

I'm looking at the Lexus site and I see they have the Golden Opportunity deal going on for leases or purchases.

2014 GS 350

$409mo.24mos.
$2,999due at signing.
Complimentary First Month's Payment**

Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required. 10,000 mile/year limit.
*Available on approved credit to very well qualified customers through Lexus Financial Services and participating Lexus dealers on a new 2014 GS 350. Not all customers will qualify. Offer based on MSRP of $51,538 including delivery, processing and handling. Monthly payment may vary depending on final price of vehicle & your qualifications.

You pay $0.25 per mile over 10,000 per year. See dealer for vehicle and lease program details. Must take delivery by 9/2/2014. This offer is available in CA, NV, AZ, NM, CO, UT, ID, OR, WA, AK. **Complimentary first month's lease payment up to $850, valid on new 2014 GS 350 leases up to 48 months. . Offer ends 9/2/2014.

Is this a good deal? I'm not sure about the $2999 down.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?