Finally got her home 2014 GS 350 AWD F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 01:47 PM
sbaldwin77
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Residual is based on MSRP.

Bay Ridge never gets any favorable reviews. They have a nice dealership though.

Which dealer did you go to?

Ed
Bay Ridge almost made me not want to buy a Lexus any longer. Ended up making my lease with Lexus of Route 10, in New Jersey a bit away from Short Hills Mall. My salesperson was Chis L. and B.Y. Lee stepped in to finish what Chris started. Seems that Chris gets quite a few customers.

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Is residual based on sticker price, or the price you paid? I've never leased, so I'm curious.

Sounds like a great deal though. Congrats!
Residual is based on the mileage you're looking for as well as the term or length of lease. In my case the length was 27 months and 10K, so with the current December to remember promotion Lexus is offering a 71% residual. The residual will be lower if you for instance are looking for a 36 month lease or a lease with lots more mileage.

Current numbers are good because I spend less than 15K to own this car for 27 months. Cars lose more than 15K in 27 months !! I can get another GS in a December to remember program with hopefully same high residuals and pay 30K to have have both cars for a combined 54 months or bit under 5 years. In 5 years a 60K msrp is suppose to depreciate more than 30K. While I won't ever fully own when you lease I sure like the ability to change. We also have a SUV that we own outright so I'll always have a car even if I'm between leases for a few days.

Forgot the mention that the money factor right now on the 14 GS is a lowwwww .0006 !! the 2013 is around 0022. No brainer.

Last edited by sbaldwin77; 11-25-13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-25-13, 01:50 PM
sbaldwin77
Rookie

Whats helpful is a APP that I have on my iphone. It's called iLease pro, and once you have the most important number which is the money factor, and residuals and length you can simply plug in different quotes that you've got for the car and get within a few dollars or what to expect.
Old 11-25-13, 04:43 PM
isekii
Rookie

Originally Posted by sbaldwin77
Bay Ridge almost made me not want to buy a Lexus any longer. Ended up making my lease with Lexus of Route 10, in New Jersey a bit away from Short Hills Mall. My salesperson was Chis L. and B.Y. Lee stepped in to finish what Chris started. Seems that Chris gets quite a few customers.

Residual is based on the mileage you're looking for as well as the term or length of lease. In my case the length was 27 months and 10K, so with the current December to remember promotion Lexus is offering a 71% residual. The residual will be lower if you for instance are looking for a 36 month lease or a lease with lots more mileage.

Current numbers are good because I spend less than 15K to own this car for 27 months. Cars lose more than 15K in 27 months !! I can get another GS in a December to remember program with hopefully same high residuals and pay 30K to have have both cars for a combined 54 months or bit under 5 years. In 5 years a 60K msrp is suppose to depreciate more than 30K. While I won't ever fully own when you lease I sure like the ability to change. We also have a SUV that we own outright so I'll always have a car even if I'm between leases for a few days.

Forgot the mention that the money factor right now on the 14 GS is a lowwwww .0006 !! the 2013 is around 0022. No brainer.
Yea I'm thinking the same too. 27 month lease is not bad at all, I think if you can score a 24 month lease that's even better.
Old 11-27-13, 01:20 AM
pbateson
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Look nice. Sliver on black I never seen power trunk like new BMW 5 series had power trunk button.
Old 11-27-13, 04:02 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

After dealing with the wost possible service with Bay Ridge Lexus, I'm proud to say that I now have a 2014 Liquid Platinum GS350 AWD F-Sport in my possession from a different dealer in New Jersey. It was sure worth the 45 minute drive. My salesman was the best ever, and he made this the smoothest car transaction that I've had in my life. Okay here's the juicy stuff.
Congrats on the purchase, love the color. You will love it and especially the folding mirrors as I really wish I had that.
Old 11-27-13, 06:13 AM
bean006
Driver

Awesome buy. Congrats and enjoy the sweet ride!!
Old 11-27-13, 06:48 AM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats that color looks amazing
Old 11-27-13, 11:02 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a nice deal indeed. No need to post your VIN, however. Enjoy the car!
Old 11-27-13, 06:16 PM
slowlane05
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking to pick up a GS F Sport, got the run around today at Lexus of Queens. I have an appointment with Rallye on Friday afternoon.

I checked out Route 10's website but theres no Chris listed on the staff. Can you PM me or post up his name. If I don't finish a deal Friday, I'd like to deal with someone who is knowledgable.

Lexus of Queens wouldn't tell me anything of substance. Sales person was too concerned with leaving at 5pm. Basically told me $690 per month with &1k down (DMV and bank fee). So, that dealer is crossed off my list.
Old 11-27-13, 06:19 PM
dagwag77
Driver

Originally Posted by slowlane05
Looking to pick up a GS F Sport, got the run around today at Lexus of Queens. I have an appointment with Rallye on Friday afternoon.

I checked out Route 10's website but theres no Chris listed on the staff. Can you PM me or post up his name. If I don't finish a deal Friday, I'd like to deal with someone who is knowledgable.

Lexus of Queens wouldn't tell me anything of substance. Sales person was too concerned with leaving at 5pm. Basically told me $690 per month with &1k down (DMV and bank fee). So, that dealer is crossed off my list.
Good luck with Rallye

Not sure if Lexus of Smithtown is closer to you than NJ dealers, but they were pretty good with my GS. PM me if you want the salesman's name - he's pretty good with e-mail quotes as well.
Old 11-27-13, 07:21 PM
slowlane05
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dagwag77
Good luck with Rallye

Not sure if Lexus of Smithtown is closer to you than NJ dealers, but they were pretty good with my GS. PM me if you want the salesman's name - he's pretty good with e-mail quotes as well.
Still a hike, but I'd rather go there than Jersey. PM on its way
Old 12-02-13, 07:47 AM
Herofmine
Pole Position

I don't understand why we don't have RWD GS AND no Mark Levinson in New York Area.
Old 12-02-13, 08:49 AM
isekii
Rookie

Originally Posted by Herofmine
I don't understand why we don't have RWD GS AND no Mark Levinson in New York Area.
You can't even build one on the website for this area.
I think you either gotta purchase out of state or have it shipped here.
Old 12-02-13, 05:06 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Bec Lexus USA is retarded.

They determine options / drivetrains based on regions.
Complete opposite of what Luxury buying experience should be.

You can custom order and wait 3-6 months but most dealers will look at u like ur from another planet.
Old 12-02-13, 05:14 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Bec Lexus USA is retarded.

They determine options / drivetrains based on regions.
Complete opposite of what Luxury buying experience should be.

You can custom order and wait 3-6 months but most dealers will look at u like ur from another planet.
Haha that's what they did, sales rep i spoke today told i am the first customer who asked for RWD and ML optioned car, and they said he cant get me better prices on custom order as he said "if you really want it we can order it for you but you must pay 59k msrp price" also he told me they don't have any 2014 awd f sport on the stock. It was route 10 nj dealer.

Quick Reply: Finally got her home 2014 GS 350 AWD F-sport