GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13, 04:48 PM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Went from an ISF to GS 350 F Sport. As a mid-size sedan with the longer wheel base, it produces a much nicer ride for a DD.
Old 12-05-13, 08:48 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

No regrets at all. I went from an '11 Audi S5 Cab with the 3.0 Supercharged engine (which was sweet), but this is still the best overall car I have ever owned. It does everything well and I love every minute of driving it.
Old 12-05-13, 11:56 PM
bean006
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never regretted owning a GS. You should test drive it and feel the ride personally.
Old 12-06-13, 01:58 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The only regret I have is not waiting for the '14 but, if I waited for the '14, I'd kick myself for not waiting for the '15 and so on and so on......
Old 12-06-13, 04:54 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
The only regret I have is not waiting for the '14 but, if I waited for the '14, I'd kick myself for not waiting for the '15 and so on and so on......

True!
Might as well wait for mid cycle refresh '16 or the new generation is say '19....
Old 12-06-13, 07:59 PM
DonOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bobraynard
ES to GS, will never go back!
Me too. Switched last night. Picked up a 2013.

Today was great. Drove 30 miles to lunch. Ended up wishing the restaurant was farther away.

This is a great car to drive.
Old 12-06-13, 08:04 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DonOH
Me too. Switched last night. Picked up a 2013.

Today was great. Drove 30 miles to lunch. Ended up wishing the restaurant was farther away.

This is a great car to drive.
Haha, yeah it's a bad car to lease. I find myself just going on drives and blasting the ML system for the hell of it, frequently. It's a very nice place to find yourself.
Old 12-07-13, 08:58 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The GS F Sport is the closest thing to a perfect car I've ever owned. It does everything well.
Old 12-07-13, 10:31 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Originally Posted by Afrosheen

Haha, yeah it's a bad car to lease. I find myself just going on drives and blasting the ML system for the hell of it, frequently. It's a very nice place to find yourself.
Hahahahahaha finally found someone does the same thing I do lol
Old 12-08-13, 06:36 AM
dagwag77
Driver

Two things I would have done differently... held out for a custom order with HUD, lane keep assist, pre collision, etc. and since I too find myself driving around without any real destination, 15k mi/yr instead of 12k because the gs is such a pleasure to drive.
Old 12-08-13, 08:20 AM
DonOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I offer to take my wife shopping more since we got the car (onThursday).

Since then, the surprises I've found:
No sunglass holder by the rearview mirror. Haven't seen a car without that in years.
Car doesn't have rain-sensitive windshield wipers. Maybe that was part of a package on my ES350 but I never thought to look for that on this car. I did like that feature. I liked how Volvo gave you both timed interval and rain sensitivity (but not enough to buy their car).

Spent yesterday driving around. I REALLY like how this car drives.
Old 12-08-13, 09:30 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DonOH
I offer to take my wife shopping more since we got the car (onThursday).

Since then, the surprises I've found:
No sunglass holder by the rearview mirror. Haven't seen a car without that in years.
Car doesn't have rain-sensitive windshield wipers. Maybe that was part of a package on my ES350 but I never thought to look for that on this car. I did like that feature. I liked how Volvo gave you both timed interval and rain sensitivity (but not enough to buy their car).

Spent yesterday driving around. I REALLY like how this car drives.
It does have auto rain sensor wipers. You need to push the button at the end of the wiper switch. A light on the switch will intricate its in auto mode. I believe this is a standard feature on all models. I have the F-Sport.
Old 12-09-13, 09:12 AM
DonOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSFGO
It does have auto rain sensor wipers. You need to push the button at the end of the wiper switch. A light on the switch will intricate its in auto mode. I believe this is a standard feature on all models. I have the F-Sport.
Yep. Thanks. Discovered that yesterday afternoon when I sat down in the passenger seat to read a few things in the owners manual. That is when I saw the Auto button on the end of the stalk, From the drivers seat you don't see that label. NIce to know it is there.

Still hoping they hid a sunglass storage bin someplace.

The more time I spend in this car, the more I really like it and enjoy driving it.
Old 12-09-13, 09:26 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

No place for glasses or shades. Don't hope Most of us just keep them in the front door's side pocket. There's a cushion down there which seems to give enough friction to hold the shades from moving around. It seems to work fine unless you have some really expensive pairs that don't want to get scratches. On the other hand, there is a small secret box/compartment by the left side of the steering wheel. Glad to see another happy new owner. It's definitely a great car. Here is a bonus tip for you in case you don't know yet... The windshield wipers have two levels.

Last edited by 1111GS; 12-09-13 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 02:18 PM
mush
Pole Position

sold the 4gs fsport for a scion frs, do i regret it? NOPE!
i DO miss the GS, but im trying to save for something better

4GS is a nice car, ur gonna love it

Quick Reply: 4GS regrets?