Siri with Enform, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-14 | 11:41 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Siri with Enform, worth it?

Is anyone using Siri with their 14 GS?
After I broke my droid phone, I have been using old iPhone 4 that I kept around. I am wondering if it will be worth picking up a used iPhone 4s to use Siri in my car?

Thanks!
Old 01-09-14 | 09:12 AM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 14 RX, and an iphone 5. Answering your question will be hard since we don't know what you will want to use siri for.

I use Siri occasionally for the following things while driving:
- Check Weather for the weekend
- Leave myself a reminder (i.e. Do xyz on Sunday at 9a).
- Check sports scores or hear when my team is going to play.
- On longer trips, I sometimes will ask how how far to my next stop (i.e. how far is it to Denver, Colo?).
- Reply to a text I get in the car. This is of limited use, and is kinda a pain to do). This can also be done with an android.

These are all minor things, and could easily be done from an Andriod phone, simply by holding the phone and tapping the Google search icon, then talking. I don't see this is a safety hazard, so the Siri connectivity is a minor convenience for me.

I also have an Android phone that I like, and am in the same dilemma as you. Do I use the android that I slightly prefer for most things, or the iphone because of the Siri/Lexus integration? I'm still on the fence, but I hope this info helps you some.
Old 01-10-14 | 05:46 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Does Siri with Enform work similar to Google (or regular siri for that matter)? For instance, if you ask "What is the capital of Virginia?", does it provides audible answer?. If you click on Siri button in Lexus and ask a question that is not particularly related to car functions, does it provide audible answer?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-14 | 09:33 AM
Snype
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS14AWD
Does Siri with Enform work similar to Google (or regular siri for that matter)? For instance, if you ask "What is the capital of Virginia?", does it provides audible answer?. If you click on Siri button in Lexus and ask a question that is not particularly related to car functions, does it provide audible answer?

Thanks!
Yes, although that type of thing wasn't allowed when I tested it. It'll come back with something like "Sorry, I can't do that". I forget the exact error message, but there is one. It seems Apple limits the functions to what makes most sense in a car environment.
Old 01-13-14 | 11:08 AM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS14AWD

Thanks!
I've found that Siri, will answer most questions. While the car is moving. I often ask "What will the weather be like this weekend?, or "What is the score of the Bronco's game?". Siri speaks the answers.

Some functions are limited though. They are mostly tied to things that would make you use the keyboard after your command. For example, you can't say " Open Pandora", because then you would want to us the screen to select music, etc. I don't think the Open App command works at when moving. But many other commands do.