GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What other Cars did you consider purchasing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 09:24 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom450
Badconexun, The MSRP was $65143 and I got $11,000 off so paid $54143. Color was LP with grey interior and IPA, BSM, ML, and Nav...
Wow! That was a great buy!
Old 01-15-14, 01:14 AM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Not bad. I found a 450h in Dallas with msrp of $65,143 and paid $51,750. It's white/flaxen with the same options as yours. I was just curious how good of a deal I got. It took alot of negotiating.
Old 01-15-14, 08:57 AM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I probably could have gotten a little more off. On the phone the salesman said $10000 off. After seeing the car and falling in love with it, I said I didn't want to pay more than I would for a 2014 lux which was $53000. He said meet in the middle and I agreed. I felt they were already loosing on the car and they do have to keep the doors open. The deal might not have been the best but was something I am happy with especially since I keep my cars for a long time. Car had 112 miles.
Old 01-15-14, 11:16 AM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

I didnt go in looking for a 450h, I was negotiating on a 13 fsport but they didn't have the car I wanted so I was going to buy from another dealer. This was December 30th around 8:30pm after the dealer closed. I saw the 450h in the showroom and offered them $49k for it. I topped out at $51,750 and was going to walk, but the new car sales mngr stepped in and made it happen. I think they took a loss on the car but don't have any proof. It had 1169 miles, new and was not a demo. I think the build date was August 2012 so it had been on many of test drives.
Old 01-15-14, 12:19 PM
Howiiieee
Rookie

While you are at the Lexus dealers, give the 2014 IS350 F-Sport a try. It has the new 3D navigation and free traffic info. It is similar size to a C-class, but the LFA like dashboard will blow you away.

Many cars with better fuel economy in the same class has some tricks to them. Many people could not stand the engine just stopped on traffic lights in the BMWs. The Audi interior feels "cheap" compare to Lexus. Some MB are made in Yugoslavia.

We all know why we still want a Lexus - the reliability and refinement that's second to none. I have my GSFS for almost 2 years now and all I have to do is put gas in it and enjoy it. You can read the forums from other brands and know it is not always the case. The new Lexus are more fun than ever, test drive a few and you will know what I mean.
Old 01-16-14, 10:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiiieee
Some MB are made in Yugoslavia.
1. Thats absolutely untrue.
2. Yugoslavia is no longer a place.
Old 01-16-14, 11:17 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jrocket
What other Cars did you decide on between your GS350 and ??

Infiniti Q50 S hybrid.
audi a6 and s6
I switched from GS450h to Infiniti M35h (probably the same as the Q50 hybrid) and hated every minute of it. Broke my lease after one year to switch to the new GS450h. There is no comparison between the two vehicles in terms of refinement.

If I were choosing between non-hybrid cars, A6 would be my choice over GS350.
Old 01-16-14, 12:38 PM
richng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by revhigh
My list was exactly the same, all good choices. I have done BMW, MERC and Audi. I thought the Jag and Cadillac were overpriced for what you get. Never owned a Lexus, so let's give them a try, so far no regrets. Car is exceptional and the dealer experience is far better than what the "german" brands offer.
Will have to agree with you. At Lexus they seem to be more down to earth then their German counterparts.
BMW will no approach you if you don't have an appointment LOL
Old 01-16-14, 12:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by richng
BMW will no approach you if you don't have an appointment LOL
This completely depends on the dealership...moreso than the brand. Dealers are all independently owned...and quality varies. I've been to dealers of all brands I thought were rude and snobby, Lexus included.
Old 01-16-14, 06:14 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrocket
New ACURA TLX caught my eye today at the Detroit Auto Show.

Looks like the first promising sport sedan from Acura in quite some time.

Hopefully they didnt continue w/ the low rent interior and It would be awesome if the set up wasnt the dual screens like Accords and the RLX

IF the V6 w/ the 9 speed trans comes in around 315 to 325 HP It may be a pretty impressive sport sedan. THey are making a claim to highly impressive fuel economy for the class.

It really makes me want to wait around to see the final product/ the numbers and Interior are important to me.

Mostly Acura is boring. I owned an 04 Acura TSX for about 2 years. IT was ok, very underpowered though.

However this one is the chance for Acura to turn the company around.. that is until the 2016 Acura NSX is released in 2025... ha

Sneaky feeling I will still buy a GS Fsport or hold out for the GSF ( hoping for some new news soon) but reading through the thread about crap MPG's is still holding me back.. would be differnet if this was a more powerful Supercharged 6 under the hood.. but the power and mpg combo just seems behind the times and as alot of new choices are being released It seems worth holding out till mid summer.

** side note** I have owned 1 Lexus before a 2001 IS300 Silver on Black and I absolutely loved everything about it except the power... I do remember that car being 95% trouble free though.. That is one thing that keeps drawing me in from Lexus everytime I pull away.
All of Acuras vehicles are built using Front Wheel Drive. Even Acuras all wheel drive systems including SH-AWD (which they are no longer using because its weight negatively effects fuel economy) is front wheel drive with a torque vectoring rear. In my opinion a true sports sedan MUST start from a RWD platform to feel proper through the wheel and in my hands. Same goes for Audi as well. Not only are all of their sedans based off of FWD but half of the engine hangs out over the front axle. My final two choices came down to the A6 and GS. I hated how the A6 steering felt and how nose heavy it felt when cornering. Don't get me wrong Audis 3.0T is the best engine in this class but steering feel and handling are what truly make or break a sports sedan.

Come on Lexus give us a forced induction engine to replace the 3.5 and annihilate the competition!! (and help our wallets)
Old 01-16-14, 06:33 PM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
All of Acuras vehicles are built using Front Wheel Drive. Even Acuras all wheel drive systems including SH-AWD (which they are no longer using because its weight negatively effects fuel economy) is front wheel drive with a torque vectoring rear. In my opinion a true sports sedan MUST start from a RWD platform to feel proper through the wheel and in my hands. Same goes for Audi as well. Not only are all of their sedans based off of FWD but half of the engine hangs out over the front axle. My final two choices came down to the A6 and GS. I hated how the A6 steering felt and how nose heavy it felt when cornering. Don't get me wrong Audis 3.0T is the best engine in this class but steering feel and handling are what truly make or break a sports sedan.

Come on Lexus give us a forced induction engine to replace the 3.5 and annihilate the competition!! (and help our wallets)

Thank you for that info on Acura and Audi as well. Did not know that about Audi. I knew a good bit about acura and the fwd but didnt know all of that about their awd. I live in Flat Florida on the beach. AWD is not necessary at all for me and I do prefer RWD

I noticed you have both an IS and a GS Fsport. I would love to hear your comparison on the two as well as if you (after having both) only were able to keep one what would be your pick?

I had an 01 1st gen IS300 and loved that car. I was also 20 when I purchased that vehicle and did not need much space. That is the biggest hold back for me on the IS and the stereo set up looks just as the reviews say something out of the 90's other than that seems to be top notch!

so if you have a minute please chime in!
Old 01-17-14, 09:48 PM
Howiiieee
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW13GS
1. Thats absolutely untrue.
2. Yugoslavia is no longer a place.
My bad. What I should have said is that some MB are Made in Hungary, That is a fact, I double checked.
Old 01-18-14, 06:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Howiiieee
My bad. What I should have said is that some MB are Made in Hungary, That is a fact, I double checked.
Only the A Class and B Class, neither of which are sold here, and the CLA.

Many companies build cars in that part of the world for Russian and Chinese markets...Toyota included.
Old 01-18-14, 11:03 AM
TyGreeny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Badconexun
It had 1169 miles, new and was not a demo. I think the build date was August 2012 so it had been on many of test drives.
lol wut?

Regardless, it was a good buy.
Old 01-26-14, 11:52 PM
LexFather

We literally had a white RX F sport parked next to the GS and the wife couldn't decide. Red leather was the big factor. Pretty much the only option seriously looked.

In a twist of fate we might end up with an RX F-Sport soon anyway...I'm really wanting to trade up the GS to a GS F and a fold down seat would be great like the IS.

If it was another brand she likes Audi a lot as I do.

Quick Reply: What other Cars did you consider purchasing?