It's a Lexus, not a Ferrari.
That's what I am talking about!!
Old 02-14-14, 12:30 PM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ntubeusa
After car wash today.

Nice. In my opinion, I don't think the car should be lowered. It may look a bit more aggressive if you lower it but I think you will lose any look/feel of luxury if you lower it more. I think you got both aggressive and luxury right now.
Old 02-14-14, 04:59 PM
DarknessF
Driver School Candidate

Fits good, looks good all good. Imo I think it looks low enough unless you really want it tucked might sacrifice ride quality tho. either way good job
Old 02-14-14, 10:11 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jre002
It's a Lexus, not a Ferrari.
That's not really a valid comparison considering a horse runs AT LEAST 4X the cost of a GS, just like a GS is 3-4X the cost of a Civic (which you might see reps on routinely). But your point is taken, just not agreed with. As I already said, my thoughts on reps don't align with everyones. This would be an interesting poll question, to run reps, or keep it legit? Hmmmm

Last edited by GSthe4th; 02-14-14 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-15-14, 12:37 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to say, that replica looks pretty good. It does look a little different than the real thing.
Old 02-15-14, 11:17 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Rep or not, who cares? If it looks good, it looks good. The GS isn't a rare collectors car that needs to be preserved in an air tight bubble.

I like the black, but wondering how it would look white.
Old 02-15-14, 12:58 PM
ntubeusa
Driver

Thank you guys. I was thinking to paint it in body color but after installed the kit, I think it match the black color of the oem diffuser.

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Rep or not, who cares? If it looks good, it looks good. The GS isn't a rare collectors car that needs to be preserved in an air tight bubble.

Old 02-15-14, 05:37 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you guys. I was thinking to paint it in body color but after installed the kit, I think it match the black color of the oem diffuser.
I would keep it black if you paint it white it will not stand out as much. I painted mine SKP black met mad it looks dope.

Old 02-15-14, 08:50 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Obviously the GS is no where near Jay Leno status. And many people "care" to avoid running reps on their cars/trucks, while others don't. There is a market and demand for both.
Old 02-15-14, 09:05 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Exactly. No need to discredit either side.

I don't follow the trends or brands on this sort of item so to me it looks fantastic. I'd never know it wasn't the overpriced name brand item that the picky folks choose.
Old 02-15-14, 09:38 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Exactly. No need to discredit either side.

I don't follow the trends or brands on this sort of item so to me it looks fantastic. I'd never know it wasn't the overpriced name brand item that the picky folks choose.
Ironically, the reason why I was eager to comment on this post was because our CL "crew" out here has someone who sells and pushes reps (rims, etc as a side job), even to people in our group. It was a topic of debate for a while, and one individual really had strong feelings against reps, stronger than me. I think when you have shown your car(s) and/or been around it a long time, you have a sentiment to keep it legit. I don't think picky is accurate. Again, these are different times and to each their own. Focker out
Old 02-17-14, 02:56 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

These are polyurethane as compared to fiberglass (skipper).
Old 02-17-14, 05:39 AM
DarknessF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
I would keep it black if you paint it white it will not stand out as much. I painted mine SKP black met mad it looks dope.

I likes
Old 02-17-14, 07:30 AM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

That's what I am talking about!!
Here's my view with replicas. You might as well have bought a Toyota and make it look like a Lexus that way you can feel like you're driving a Lexus.

It should go well with your fake Rolex, fake true religion jeans and counterfeit Gucci shades. It should also go well with your wife/girl friends Luis Buiton purse (yes I do know how to spell LV, I was trying to make a point), that Chanel shades she is sporting, yup it's also fake just like the matching front lip spoiler.

Then roll into the Neiman Marcus curb site feeling like a million bucks going straight to the clearance racks. Didn't find anything they could afford so they go to Chinatown and buy more counterfeit products.

I see these folks every now and then. I shake my head and think, to each is own. I couldn't live like that. I'd rather save my money, buy the real thing or not at all. It's just not the same. Remember Luxury is a lifestyle.
Old 02-17-14, 10:23 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

I think they look great, especially with your wheels. Most people wouldn't know they are reps. You could spend more for "real things" but most people wouldn't care. As long as they look good (which they do).

Quick Reply: Happy with the Front and Side Spolier