GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Test fit my AG wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 02:39 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Here's a pic with the ugly tires I hate the look of the tires. I will post more when I get new tires.

Those are some bubble tires man! lol. I agree with you... love the wheels... the tires not so much. With the right tires and drop, you'll be looking good.
Old 02-16-14, 02:41 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Sosodef79
looking good man!!! what size rims are those 9.5 in front and whats in the rear?

Im thinking of doing 20s but scared it might rub.
20x9.5 et 33 front
20x10.5 et 37 rear

I wish I got 20x10 in the front and 20x11 in the rear. The rears rub just a little I could roll the quarters or trim them but I don't want to mod the quarters so I'm going with smaller tires. No rubbing in the front at all I could have move the wheel out more in the front
Old 02-16-14, 02:44 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jre002
Those are some bubble tires man! lol. I agree with you... love the wheels... the tires not so much. With the right tires and drop, you'll be looking good.
I have 245-35-20 in the front now and 275-30-20 in the rear like everybody else but my tires look like **** for some season and I'm rocking Hankook V12 and I've seen them on other cars and they look fine but not on mine. Those tires didn't look right on my last set of wheels either. I used the tires off my last set of wheels.
Old 02-16-14, 03:08 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

20x9.5 et 33 front
20x10.5 et 37 rear

I wish I got 20x10 in the front and 20x11 in the rear. The rears rub just a little I could roll the quarters or trim them but I don't want to mod the quarters so I'm going with smaller tires. No rubbing in the front at all I could have move the wheel out more in the front

Thanks might order the same setup, dont want any issues with rubbing. planning to drop 1 inch on Tanabe. what drop did you do on what springs?

Looking good man
Old 02-16-14, 03:13 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Thanks might order the same setup, dont want any issues with rubbing. planning to drop 1 inch on Tanabe. what drop did you do on what springs?

Looking good man
RS*R super down springs. I'm thinking about coil over bc I want to go lower.
Old 02-16-14, 03:23 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

RS*R super down springs. I'm thinking about coil over bc I want to go lower.
If you have time would you mind posting some more pics? im worried the tanabe springs will leave the car still too high with Tanabes 1 inch drop. Just curious how low the front is and how much clearance you got.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-14, 03:32 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

If you have time would you mind posting some more pics? im worried the tanabe springs will leave the car still too high with Tanabes 1 inch drop. Just curious how low the front is and how much clearance you got.

Thanks!
I think your wasting money with a 1in drop

Here's pic of my old set up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...assifieds.html
Old 02-16-14, 03:55 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I wouldn't say that Vossen wheels are a cheap *** wheel. they maybe over priced but certainly it's one of the top wheels along side AG, Advan, etc. granted it's not a expensive 3 piece wheel there designs are popular just like any other wheel for that matter.
Old 02-16-14, 04:24 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I wouldn't say that Vossen wheels are a cheap *** wheel. they maybe over priced but certainly it's one of the top wheels along side AG, Advan, etc. granted it's not a expensive 3 piece wheel there designs are popular just like any other wheel for that matter.
I'm not hating but I know a lot of people with a Vossen and there finish is very cheap I seen a lot of them finishes peeling like crazy and some of them they are taking care of and some of them not and no they didn't use wheel cleaner on them soap and water. The only reason they are selling so many of them bc they know how to market them I give them a few more years and they will not be around or selling 20's for $700-1000 for a set which they should be priced at now. And they are played out big time I don't see why people are paying $2500-2700 for a set of 20's. 1pc wheels go for about $1500 like any other company. Vossen can not be compared to AG, Advan and etc there are no comparison between those company those companies that you names are on a whole diff level. Even if Vossen made a real 3pc wheel still wouldn't be compared to those companies you named. Vossen are compared to wheel companies like DRAG, ROTA, AMERICAN RACING, HELO, VERDE, VELOCITY, 2CRAVE, BOSS, XD, STATUS, and etc. the KEY word for VOSSEN is MARKETING and they are doing a good job and that's why there prices are high for a 1pc wheel. Sorry but it's the truth.

I LOVE when they post pics of cars that cost $100,000 and put there wheels on them such a down grade from the stock wheels that came with them. Get on Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley, Audi, Viper, and etc forums why can't they market that categories not going to happen. If you see any of these cars with Vossen it's going to be 1 out of 500. If they are that good they could market those lines too.

I wouldn't but Vossen on a Dodge Neon just saying even tho I don't own a Neon.

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 02-16-14 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 05:49 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Here is a set of wheels on ebay for a set of 4 wheels. I bet it's all made by the same company with diff names on it. So why would someone pay 3-4x the money lol

********NICHE has been around for years and they build good wheels and priced right and better looking wheel.****************************

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 02-16-14 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 06:05 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not hating but I know a lot of people with a Vossen and there finish is very cheap I seen a lot of them finishes pealing like crazy and some of them they are taking care of and some of them not and no they didn't use wheel cleaner on them soap and water. The only reason they are selling so many of them bc they know how to market them I give them a few more years and they will not be around or selling 20's for $700-1000 for a set which they should be priced at now. And they are played out big time I don't see why people are paying $2500-2700 for a set of 20's. 1pc wheels go for about $1500 like any other company. Vossen can not be compared to AG, Advan and etc there are no comparison between those company those companies that you names are on a whole diff level. Even if Vossen made a real 3pc wheel still wouldn't be compared to those companies you named. Vossen are compared to wheel companies like DRAG, ROTA, AMERICAN RACING, HELO, VERDE, VELOCITY, 2CRAVE, BOSS, XD, STATUS, and etc. the KEY word for VOSSEN is MARKETING and they are doing a good job and that's why there prices are high for a 1pc wheel. Sorry but it's the truth.

I LOVE when they post pics of cars that cost $100,000 and put there wheels on them such a down grade from the stock wheels that came with them. Get on Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley, Audi, Viper, and etc forums why can't they market that categories not going to happen. If you see any of these cars with Vossen it's going to be 1 out of 500. If they are that good they could market those lines too.

I wouldn't but Vossen on a Dodge Neon just saying even tho I don't own a Neon.
Old 02-16-14, 07:59 PM
Leonboy
Driver

them Niche don't look bad,for the price...hummm
Old 02-16-14, 08:36 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Leonboy
them Niche don't look bad,for the price...hummm
They look bad *** and they have been around for yrs and killer price for a set of concave
Old 02-16-14, 09:15 PM
Leonboy
Driver

can someone do a rendering with these Niche wheels on the GS .thanks ahead of time.i think these would look good.
Old 02-16-14, 11:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Here is a set of wheels on ebay for a set of 4 wheels. I bet it's all made by the same company with diff names on it. So why would someone pay 3-4x the money lol
Well to each there own but next set of wheels I'm not paying no more than $1500.00.. I've seen all those wheels you mentioned on ebay, Niche, STR, etc and some of them do look good and your right I'm sure most wheels are made by the same material just rebadged in that company's same.
I went with yellow calipers myself on the white.... Looks damn good IMO

Quick Reply: Test fit my AG wheels.