Lexus Financial Services - Lease-End

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 03:38 PM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Financial Services - Lease-End

Hello everyone,

It seems like a lot of you have had multiple Lexus leases and I would like to know what your lease-end experiences have been like. Are they quite lenient when it comes to wear and tear? Can you negotiate your excess mile charge? Any insight would be helpful since 27 months come around before you know it.

I've leased MB, BMW, Infiniti, and Land Rover but this is my first Lexus lease.

MB sends me a business card sized plastic card that has a clear circle. They tell you that any scratches or dings that fit inside that circle are considered normal wear and tear.

BMW sends a CD sized clear plastic with a few circles on it. Any damages that fit inside the smallest circle (maybe size of a half dollar) are not charged and it also has a large circle at the end that will let you check your tires for excess wear.

Land Rover came out to my work, did an inspection and they pretty much waived all the damages (and I had quite a bit of scratches). The only thing they asked for was for my rim to be replaced or repaired and I had it repaired for $60 and sent them a copy of the receipt and nothing was charged.

I can't remember the condition of my Infiniti at the lease end but only thing I paid for was excess miles. This was through Wells Fargo and they discounted my excess mileage charge from $3,000+ to $1,600.
Old 02-26-14, 04:13 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't usually lease. But when I did lease a BMW, I kept getting notices about lease expiration, asking me to go to a local BMW dealer, but didn't get anything else to measure anything. I just traded it in for a another car with one month remaining.

I have lexus lease damage insurance or something like that, that I pay about $13 more for each month. This covers rim damage along with any other incidents. I am *loaning* a car in a way so it made sense to not having to worry about damages to the car. I already have a small rock chip on my windshield. About half inch paint chip on hood, and slight scratches that measure 2-3 inches on hood. I think this year's hard winter and a lot of highway driving did the job. But I do not spend one moment thinking about those damages & lease. Especially when I park in a crowded parking lot, I do not worry. That alone is worth $13 more a month for me.