Might pull the trigger tomorrow on F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-14, 01:56 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Clarification:
-They have a power trunk option did you miss this as its an option on the 14' GS
-The Temp led is what other cars are using including BMW and Mercedes.
-I agree they should have kept a digital clock in there with the analog clock.
-They didn't get rid of the adaptive headlights they just aren't offered to F-sport drivers only luxury and basic GS's
-The GS also offers the rear steer but only RWD model.
-Still has a hard drive just not for music, reason is more people are using connected devices or iPhone's or the Pandora app, it made sense.

The GS looks great any plans for it or you keeping it stock. I have always liked the Infiniti M even liked the M35 and was ready to purchase one, also loved the fact that Bose was stock in the car.
Scoured 5-6 SoCal dealers and couldn't find a single GS with power trunk closer or rear wheels steering and Mark Levinson WITHOUT other options. Found 1 but it had additional options so it was a lot more, passed since it wasn't even the color combo I wanted. Too bad about the adaptive lights, would make more sense to put them in the F sport for night time canyon carving.

About the temp displays. I meant it looks cheesy because it's green and totally different from every other display on the car. BMW does something similar, albeit more elegant... but the color matches everything else perfectly. My M37 had a popup graphic temp display on the nav screen.

Did the basics, 20% tint all around, Valentine One hardwire, Prestige Society module for nav and DVD override. I'll keep the car 18-24 months max so no wheels or cosmetic mods planned.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 03-22-14 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-22-14, 06:36 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Agreed, service is equal. Without exception, everyone liked the M37s better. Not getting a favorable reaction to the GS at all... so far most have told me they don't like it and my wife actually told me today that she has never liked Lexus Gs. Didn't like the 3GS I had and doesn't care for this one. I don't regret my decision but the M definitely had a more organic and passionate design. The GS is nicely refreshed but besides the front end, it looks like everything else out there.

Puzzled as well why there aren't more Ms out there. I think Lexus has done a stellar marketing job and Infiniti has done too little. Big push with the new Q50 but understandable since it will replace the G37, their bread and butter car. Pricing the M at $60k+ fully loaded probably hurts as well. You have to really want one to pay that much when you can get a GS, loaded 3 series, C class or A4, not so loaded 5 series, E class or A6. I had the car for 18 months and I only saw 15-20 Ms on the road with less than 1/2 being S models and none had the aero kit. I've seen more Maseratis on the road!! :lol:

May as well share the story of how I came to buy the M37S. I drive 250 miles round trip to an office out of town 2 days/week. Wanted a Passat SEL TDI and I was ready to pull the trigger but had to do the good ol' drive by with the wife and she said it looked like a Hyundai Sonata... didn't like it at all. So I said cool, I like it but if it will be an eyesore in the driveway let's head over to Infiniti across the street. Planned on a base M which is priced closer to a fully loaded Passat SEL TDI. Walked into the showroom and my jaw dropped when I saw the fully loaded S with premium, sport package, sport touring package, 20" graphite wheels, and the oh so impressive aero kit!!! The kids went "WHOA!!!", the heavens opened, a glowing light shined on the car and I could hear the angels singing. Pushed my tongue back into my mouth and gave myself a reality check... promptly reminded myself, "It's a work car, you don't need that." Picked out a nice base M with premium package and stupid looking 18s. Wife went home and I was all set to sign papers when I got a call. She said, "Don't get the car, just come home." Figured she hated the M as well or changed her mind about the Passat so I apologized to the salesman and went home.

Walked in the door and she said... "I know you want the one in the showroom with the big wheels and aero kit so let's get that one instead of the base M." Needless to say, I have a great wife. :lol:
Your wife is smart. She knows you/she have to spend money somewhere, esp with that 250 mile round trip. I'm surprised she's not saying your GS tail looks like the Sonata.
Old 03-22-14, 02:29 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Scoured 5-6 SoCal dealers and couldn't find a single GS with power trunk closer or rear wheels steering and Mark Levinson WITHOUT other options. Found 1 but it had additional options so it was a lot more, passed since it wasn't even the color combo I wanted. Too bad about the adaptive lights, would make more sense to put them in the F sport for night time canyon carving.

About the temp displays. I meant it looks cheesy because it's green and totally different from every other display on the car. BMW does something similar, albeit more elegant... but the color matches everything else perfectly. My M37 had a popup graphic temp display on the nav screen.

Did the basics, 20% tint all around, Valentine One hardwire, Prestige Society module for nav and DVD override. I'll keep the car 18-24 months max so no wheels or cosmetic mods planned.
Can you share more info about the Prestige society module? There are no local installers near me, but I'd love to unlock that stupid in-motion lockout.