GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What's the most annoying setting on your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 03:08 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you start the car and put it in R, backcam mode. OSD from both Bluetooth and temp on upper screen field renders the visiblity to ziltch because of the fish-eye uppercut in viewed field. Its a hazard because you are om reverse mode, back lights are lit and other drivers might be waiting for you to move your bud. You lose a god 10 sec which puts strain of many of our ADHD-drivers.
Old 04-14-14, 03:14 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Originally Posted by ESsearch
I wish there was more control on the seat easy exit option. I really like to have it on except when I have a passenger behind me. I always forget and end up cramping the rear seat passenger to when getting out. I can disable it through options but it is a cumbersome process. I wish there was an easy on-off for it.

Pete
I agree, solved it by adjusting the steering wheel to 0 position both short and high. This is by far the fastest 2 momentum stage to exit. If you engage your seat, it will take another 5 second. Car cycles through chair and steering in order not simultaneously; thus a delay.
I have used my 2:d settings button for this. The 3:d is a backup of my 1:st position. Its a bloody hard time to adjust lux seats,
Old 04-15-14, 05:27 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Neogenic
I agree, solved it by adjusting the steering wheel to 0 position both short and high. This is by far the fastest 2 momentum stage to exit. If you engage your seat, it will take another 5 second. Car cycles through chair and steering in order not simultaneously; thus a delay.
I have used my 2:d settings button for this. The 3:d is a backup of my 1:st position. Its a bloody hard time to adjust lux seats,
That's pretty brilliant - using another memory-seat position for easy exit But then it doesn't happen automatically, right? Or am I missing something?

Btw, the latest beta version of Carista is out, and it includes the option to disable the auto seat movement (or set it to half-distance). The beta is available here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/ . There are also settings to enable/disable the auto-movement of individual parts of the seat: side support, lumbar support, pelvis support, and ottoman. But those are available only on some models (maybe with lux seats?). Actually, if you have lux seats, I'd be very interested in seeing what Carista shows as available options on your car. Do you happen to have an ELM327 Bluetooth OBD adapter? It's free to hook up Carista and see what settings are available on your particular car.

Last edited by Carista; 04-15-14 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-15-14, 09:18 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Setting the performance value to "Sport S+" when the car starts, instead of turning the dial twice.

I'm not even sure this can be changed.
Old 04-15-14, 12:33 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

1. I dislike the voice commands
a. Play music -- Play playlist R and B
b. Is that correct?
c. yes
Wish I could just say "play playlist R and B" and it would start playing. (also I think I lost my shuffle command)

2. find nearby home depot
a, instead of listing out 5 home depots and giving an arrow and mileage counter, it should show all 5 home depots on a map in relation to where the vehicle is currently. Its cumbersome to go into each one and decide if that's the one I want to go to.
Old 04-15-14, 12:51 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I thought this thread was about the settings that can be changed by the dealer
Old 04-15-14, 01:17 PM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 34 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Setting the performance value to "Sport S+" when the car starts, instead of turning the dial twice.

I'm not even sure this can be changed.
As far as I know, it can't, and this is tied in with emissions and fuel efficiency testing. I've seen various explanations that boil down to this: if a more aggressive ECU mode can be set as a default, then testing will be done in that mode (possibly averaged with the least aggressive default-settable ECU mode). So there is incentive for manufacturers to make it so the more aggressive modes have to be re-selected every time, so that they don't have a negative effect on the test results.
Old 04-15-14, 03:11 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Neogenic
When you start the car and put it in R, backcam mode. OSD from both Bluetooth and temp on upper screen field renders the visiblity to ziltch because of the fish-eye uppercut in viewed field. Its a hazard because you are om reverse mode, back lights are lit and other drivers might be waiting for you to move your bud. You lose a god 10 sec which puts strain of many of our ADHD-drivers.
Indeed, terrible UI design with the back-up camera. Hopefully, there's a fix/upgrade for us lowly 2013 owners.
Old 04-16-14, 08:02 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I thought this thread was about the settings that can be changed by the dealer
Yeah, that was the original idea of this thread, but I figured I'd let people vent about other stuff as well
Old 04-16-14, 09:10 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

For me, right now, the left side mirror tilts up instead of down when in reverse. Anyone know how to correct this?
Old 04-16-14, 09:20 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying3
For me, right now, the left side mirror tilts up instead of down when in reverse. Anyone know how to correct this?
Put the car in reverse, select the left mirror and adjust it to exactly where you want it to be.
Old 04-16-14, 05:48 PM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Put the car in reverse, select the left mirror and adjust it to exactly where you want it to be.
Thank you!
Old 04-17-14, 08:16 AM
kgehring
Driver School Candidate

Most annoying thing is not being able to us the Nav when driving!!

I get that I should not do it myself and the dangers of doing so, but if I have a passenger that can play around and find a restaurant and what not, then why not let them.
Old 04-21-14, 02:00 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Indeed, terrible UI design with the back-up camera. Hopefully, there's a fix/upgrade for us lowly 2013 owners.

There are toggles for those indicators in the set up menus. Can't remember offhand how they are labeled but take a look. I f you can't find them, I'll try to track them down for you.