GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

If the GS is so good, why are sales low?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 02:21 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW guys, 17 pages and OP GSCT has not come back. We just got trolled [/QUOTE]

Not really. I replied quite a ways back, but have been reading and enjoying the discussion all along.

After some great responses, I think that the availability of the ES in the showroom and a lack of awareness for the GS are the most likely culprits. Among "enthusiasts", I have had so many, well enthusiastic complements on my GS AWD F Sport it's been amazing - they seem to be very aware of the car from all the positive coverage in magazines etc. So, I were the King of Lexus, I would have them advertise the GS more and add to the line up - e.g. a 300h along with the forthcoming F Sport.
Old 05-06-14, 02:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by GSCT
BTW guys, 17 pages and OP GSCT has not come back. We just got trolled
Not really. I replied quite a ways back, but have been reading and enjoying the discussion all along.

After some great responses, I think that the availability of the ES in the showroom and a lack of awareness for the GS are the most likely culprits. Among "enthusiasts", I have had so many, well enthusiastic complements on my GS AWD F Sport it's been amazing - they seem to be very aware of the car from all the positive coverage in magazines etc. So, I were the King of Lexus, I would have them advertise the GS more and add to the line up - e.g. a 300h along with the forthcoming F Sport.
2.0t would likely do a lot better than 300h in the USA... Not sure how would average american buyer accept 300h... actually, let me guess:
a. Only 36 MPG? My Prius gets 50 MPG!
b. Only 9s 0-60? My Corolla is faster!

I think 2015/6 model has a lot of potential:
1. refreshed exterior with full predator grille as well as interior/equipment updates.
2. refreshed engines with 2.0t and new tech 2GR-FSE with possibly more hp.
2. GS-F with V8.

GS-F would not sell great numbers but it would add to the prestige.

Only question is if 2.0t is actually cheaper to produce than 2GR-FSE, or new version of 2GR-FSE with all those new tech coming like new D4-S, VVT-iE, start/stop, etc, etc.
Old 05-06-14, 05:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by GSCT

haha there you are. It was a props actually, it's not often that a thread can do that unless it's a hot subject
Old 05-07-14, 09:30 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys know they sell a GS250 with that puny 2.5l 6 in Japan right? They'll never bring it to the US, it's pointless. If you want a cheaper car you go with the IS or ES.

I think the GS is selling just fine now, at least, that's what my eyes are telling me during highway and local drives over the past few months. The Infiniti Q50, which was also a rarity on the road previously, is now more ubiquitous as well. I wonder how many people took their refund check to the dealer as a downpayment...
Old 05-07-14, 09:43 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
You guys know they sell a GS250 with that puny 2.5l 6 in Japan right? They'll never bring it to the US, it's pointless. If you want a cheaper car you go with the IS or ES.

I think the GS is selling just fine now, at least, that's what my eyes are telling me during highway and local drives over the past few months. The Infiniti Q50, which was also a rarity on the road previously, is now more ubiquitous as well. I wonder how many people took their refund check to the dealer as a downpayment...
They sell it all over Europe as well. I can imagine that thing is slow as a Prius if IS250 it's already a snail. I doubt sales are good tho.
Old 05-08-14, 08:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I come back to this site every 2 or 3 days.
I am shocked this thread still has legs. What are you guys still talking about?

In Florida, the GS sells well. I know because I sell them. I know because I see them everywhere. I'm sure the car sells fairly well across the country because we would have heard about it if they weren't. When there is a surplus, dealers get the opportunity to get more. That ain't happening. We're begging for more GS350's to sell.

This thread has long lived past it's usefulness.
Old 05-08-14, 10:59 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350

In Florida, the GS sells well. I know because I sell them. I know because I see them everywhere. I'm sure the car sells fairly well across the country because we would have heard about it if they weren't. When there is a surplus, dealers get the opportunity to get more. That ain't happening. We're begging for more GS350's to sell.

I'm in Orlando and I see more GS than IS. There is not a single day not to see at least one but not every day I see an IS. So you're right , it does sell very well here. But than again, Florida = older ppl so that might be the answer.
Old 05-08-14, 07:20 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just one day this week I saw a Silver F Sport, Red F Sport (temporary tag), White F Sport and a Black Premium, and I don't commute to work.
Old 05-08-14, 11:22 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Because Lexus is not flexible as German manufactures, I was looking for RWD GS F SPORT to lease it and couldn't find any in New York area, custom order 4-5 month dealer said and they can't tell how much it will cost me when car arrives because they can't lock in the price, this is biggest down side of Toyota corp.
I went with bmw and ordered my car 535i M Sport and I got great deal on it same or better than GS FSPORT deals.
Old 05-09-14, 09:17 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Because Lexus is not flexible as German manufactures, I was looking for RWD GS F SPORT to lease it and couldn't find any in New York area, custom order 4-5 month dealer said and they can't tell how much it will cost me when car arrives because they can't lock in the price, this is biggest down side of Toyota corp.

I went with bmw and ordered my car 535i M Sport and I got great deal on it same or better than GS FSPORT deals.
It sounds like you did pretty good. The 535i is a little quicker and so easy to modify to actual make fast if you want to. It's not going to handle like the GS F-Sport (sounds crazy to say that) but it's a very capable, solid handling luxury sports car with class and great creature comforts.
Old 05-09-14, 01:21 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

The 2013+ RWD Msport packaged cars that have the PASSIVE Msport Suspension handle great.
I wrote a review here based on my experience with my 2012 and 2013 cars.

If u do a search on bimmerfest forums, u will see lots of great reviews with cars that have this suspension option.
It features stiffer/lower springs, thicker antiroll bars, etc.

My 2012 handled like a boat and i couldnt wait to get rod of it.
Old 05-09-14, 01:30 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
It sounds like you did pretty good. The 535i is a little quicker and so easy to modify to actual make fast if you want to. It's not going to handle like the GS F-Sport (sounds crazy to say that) but it's a very capable, solid handling luxury sports car with class and great creature comforts.
Yes, thanks! New 2014 LCI models has upgraded suspension and handles good as GS.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
The 2013+ RWD Msport packaged cars that have the PASSIVE Msport Suspension handle great.
I wrote a review here based on my experience with my 2012 and 2013 cars.

If u do a search on bimmerfest forums, u will see lots of great reviews with cars that have this suspension option.
It features stiffer/lower springs, thicker antiroll bars, etc.

My 2012 handled like a boat and i couldnt wait to get rod of it.
Yes, i am on bimmerfest forum too!
But i really wanted RWD GS FSPORT with ML sound system over bimmer, because i know bmw owners has lots of electrical and mechanical problems frequent visites to Service dep,
Anyway it's covered under warranty i don't care. I hope my bimmer will be reliable so i'm not gonna waste my time at dealerships.
As soon as i get it i'll get coded! Thats one of the features you cant do on GS.
Old 05-09-14, 02:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Exact reason why im not in a GS.

I went as far as contacting Lexus corp in regards to this issue.

If Lexus puts in a new motor in the GS, i will most likely get it once my lease is up. I would need to go down south to The Carolinas or Florida.
Old 05-09-14, 09:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Ice350

Amen brother
Old 05-09-14, 09:55 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Isn't it strange that now the consolation of a 5 series owner is :

" If we modify our 5 series suspension, maybe perhaps arguably it may handle almost as well as a bone stock GS????? (hopeful emoticon)"

How the world has been turned on its head.

Quick Reply: If the GS is so good, why are sales low?