GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport VS Luxury?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 11:51 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

There are gives and takes either way. It's easy to compare features on line and decide which are more important. Most of the differences have been covered in posts above.
Old 05-07-14, 12:25 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

Damn I'm torn. I love the looks of the f sport. Spoiler and body kit. Rims I don't care as much because the potholes out here are horrible
Old 05-07-14, 12:26 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

What's considering an amazing lease price for a gs f and gs luxury ?
Old 05-07-14, 04:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

It really comes down to what you want out of the car. I'm more luxury focused than sport focused, and for me the specific thing that sold me the luxury package was the linear espresso wood and wood steering wheel. The rest just sort of "came with it" for me. The F Sport on this car isn't my cup of tea with the more aggressive front end, bigger wheels and aluminum interior trim. For me it was between the Premium and the Luxury. Never really considered the F Sport.
Old 05-07-14, 05:20 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
It really comes down to what you want out of the car. I'm more luxury focused than sport focused, and for me the specific thing that sold me the luxury package was the linear espresso wood and wood steering wheel. The rest just sort of "came with it" for me. The F Sport on this car isn't my cup of tea with the more aggressive front end, bigger wheels and aluminum interior trim. For me it was between the Premium and the Luxury. Never really considered the F Sport.
Same here....
Old 05-07-14, 05:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

FWIW if I were buying an IS I would only consider the F Sport...
Old 05-07-14, 07:30 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
As you said, it really comes down to what one wants from the car. I loved the front end and bigger wheels on the F Sport, but I wish I could have gotten that sweet linear espresso wood with the Cabernet interior. More argument for special orders ala BMW and MB.
Old 05-07-14, 09:33 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If I had to endure driving in NYC I'd get a 1988 Caprice Classic with the smallest rims available, and I'd plow through every single wheel-removing pothole without flinching. Look at cabs and cop cars, they know what can handle the crap streets.
The following users liked this post:
jjkrause1 (11-15-19)
Old 05-08-14, 05:46 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Like what another member was saying. Get the luxury version and convert the front end to the fsport version. Get the led foglights and install it onto the fsport bumper, its truly plug and play because wire harness and hardware is already there.

Then buy a big brake kit and have it installed aftermarket brakes are way better than oems that squeak and squeal. Get aftermarket rims with staggard setup. Lower the car with Rsr downs.

Now you have every feature of the Luxury package plus the looks and handling of the fpsort. Everying installed on the fsport can but upgraded on the luxury version of the car but you CANNOT upgrade the fsport to have all the features of the Luxury package.

Some members of this forum has done exactly this.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 05-08-14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-20-15, 04:27 PM
Trumpanche
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Here is my take on what you will get if you opt for the Luxury package that you do not get with Fsport package.

1. You get LED fog lights. These are very bright. Premium package gets halogens.

2. Bi-Xenon Hid Adaptive Front Lighting. These make your headlights turn and light up the area you are going. Bi-Led headlights if you get the GS450h Luxury.

3. Luxury package seat has all of the adjustments that the Fsport has but also has two adjustments that Fsport does not have. One allows you to adjust shoulder blade portion of the seat and the head rest can also be adjusted too. (Luxury has side bolster adjustments too)

4. Three memory seat position for BOTH driver and passenger seats.
Fsport can only remember the drivers seat.

5. Rear manual sun shades for passenger windows. The Fsports do not get these.

6. The luxury package also gets wood steering wheel. I personally prefer all leather steering wheel. The wood scratches too easily.

7. Rain sensing windshield wipers. Very useful feature.

8. Double pane front driver and passenger laminated window glass. This feature makes the car have no wind noise.
At first I though this came with cold weather package but my cousin has the fspot with cold weather package and his windows are not double pane. His car is louder than mines at highway speeds.

Worth mentioning is I own a 2014 GS350 luxury and my cousin owns a 2013 GS350 fsport and we swap rides all the time. He likes my car when driving far and going on vacation driving trips. And I like his car better when I am carving the mountain roads. My cousin told me he was very suprised how great the handling of my Luxury in Sport+ mode is compared to his fsport in sport+. I feel that his car gets the handling edge due to his rear steer. But to him he can hardly tell the two apart. We both take our cars to the track. And its only on the track that we feel the fsport handled better.

Also the Cabernet leather is only available In Fsport versions. So if you have to get an fsport might as well go for Cabernet.
This was actually a super thoughtful and helpful post. Thanks!!
Old 05-21-15, 03:11 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Like what another member was saying. Get the luxury version and convert the front end to the fsport version. Get the led foglights and install it onto the fsport bumper, its truly plug and play because wire harness and hardware is already there.

Then buy a big brake kit and have it installed aftermarket brakes are way better than oems that squeak and squeal. Get aftermarket rims with staggard setup. Lower the car with Rsr downs.

Now you have every feature of the Luxury package plus the looks and handling of the fpsort. Everying installed on the fsport can but upgraded on the luxury version of the car but you CANNOT upgrade the fsport to have all the features of the Luxury package.

Some members of this forum has done exactly this.
The F Sport still has a different suspension... And the AVS is tuned differently. Not a big deal but it's still a difference.
Old 05-21-15, 12:05 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The front bumper on the F-Sport kind of looks like Darth Vader to me.

Old 05-21-15, 02:31 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddyduddy
The front bumper on the F-Sport kind of looks like Darth Vader to me.
I'll take my Darth Vader front end over the recent Predator front ends Lexus has been putting out.