GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Seat Memory Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-14, 07:22 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

In response to nismo's post. I prefer the momory seat controls illuminated because I do not use those memory positions for different drivers/people. All three settings are for me. Here is an example of what I mean.

You are right about only really needing it when first entering car but in my case I have three settings for myself.

Memory setting 1: Daily Driving mode, an upright relaxed setting for when going to and from work.

Memory setting 2: Cruising mode, slightly leaned back position with some bolstering and leg support, for when taking long trips on the highway.

Memory setting 3: Sport mode, aggressive seating position with maximum side bolstering and leg support steering wheel position, for when I am carving the mountains or racing on the track.

So as you can see, In my case I want to be able to see those buttons.

Also note, I dont share my car with anyone even my own wife. Lol But she does have her own car.
Old 05-10-14, 08:01 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'll do an about face on my first post. Lighted buttons would be a nice addition. I just tried it out tonight, and looked around at all the lighted buttons in the vehicle. In theory, fewer lights in the cabin while driving at night is a good thing, but in reality it's such a small thing, it doesn't really distract, but does make the buttons a lot easier to see.
Old 05-11-14, 04:15 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

If your car adjusts based on who gets to the car first, that means you have it set to adjust on ALL doors. That setting can be turned off.
Old 05-12-14, 07:46 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo
Please don't make me read the manual!! My Honda just works.
This just means your dealer programed them before you picked up the car...
Old 05-12-14, 07:49 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by obadea
1. Turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode and recall the position which you want to link.

2. While pressing the button to recall the position, press the driver’s door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the signal beeps. The driving position is recalled when the driver’s door is unlocked
using the entry function or wireless remote control and the driver’s door is opened.
How does this tie it to each fob? On my 2ndGen IS, you have to do this same procedure, but press the lock or unlock button on the fob which is being tied to that memory position.
Old 05-13-14, 09:29 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
1. Turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode and recall the position which you want to link.

2. While pressing the button to recall the position, press the driver’s door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the signal beeps. The driving position is recalled when the driver’s door is unlocked
using the entry function or wireless remote control and the driver’s door is opened.

Actually what is the advantage for doing this setup? I mean when we turn off the car the steering wheel & seat will move back to our preset position for easy exit & entry. When we start the car or buckle the seat belt, the steering wheel & seat will move forward to the preset position for driving.

So if we do the above setup to recall the driving position, won't it be difficult to get into the car?
Old 05-13-14, 10:16 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

The above setup will automatically adjust between multiple drivers, otherwise it has no point.
Old 05-13-14, 02:27 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ronfsp
Actually what is the advantage for doing this setup? I mean when we turn off the car the steering wheel & seat will move back to our preset position for easy exit & entry. When we start the car or buckle the seat belt, the steering wheel & seat will move forward to the preset position for driving.

So if we do the above setup to recall the driving position, won't it be difficult to get into the car?
When you have other people driving your car, the seat will automatically go to your position when you unlock the car with your fob. My wife sits about 2" from the steering wheel, so when I get in my car after she drives, I literally cannot get into the car unless the seat is moved back--I hit the unlock button, and my seat, mirrors and steering column all move to my preset position--and same for her, when she carries the 2nd fob. Yes--you have the preset buttons, but it's nice to have this function, instead of reaching down for the preset button as an added step.

But note that the steering column on my IS automatically moves up and away when the car is turned off--the seating preset tied to the key fob doesn't move the steering column back into its preset condition until the ignition is turned on--not when the door is opened.

Same deal if you valet your car.
Old 05-13-14, 03:14 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
When you have other people driving your car, the seat will automatically go to your position when you unlock the car with your fob. My wife sits about 2" from the steering wheel, so when I get in my car after she drives, I literally cannot get into the car unless the seat is moved back--I hit the unlock button, and my seat, mirrors and steering column all move to my preset position--and same for her, when she carries the 2nd fob. Yes--you have the preset buttons, but it's nice to have this function, instead of reaching down for the preset button as an added step.

But note that the steering column on my IS automatically moves up and away when the car is turned off--the seating preset tied to the key fob doesn't move the steering column back into its preset condition until the ignition is turned on--not when the door is opened.

There's nothing like the feeling of being crushed after your 5'2" mother drives the car before you.
Old 05-13-14, 06:35 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
There's nothing like the feeling of being crushed after your 5'2" mother drives the car before you.
Lol why do women and old people like to drive while hugging the steering wheel?

My friend is a very short man at 5'5" and even he does NOT hug the steering wheel like women and old people.

No offence to women and old people.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 05-13-14 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-14-14, 08:20 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Lol why do women and old people like to drive while hugging the steering wheel?

My friend is a very short man at 5'5" and even he does NOT hug the steering wheel like women and old people.

No offence to women and old people.
I pray every day that my wife doesn't get in a front-end crash--the air bag will take her head clean off.
Old 05-14-14, 08:38 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670

Doesn't make sense to me thou. I dunno how you guys get into the car when the seat & steering is in driving position...
Old 05-14-14, 09:59 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Doesn't make sense to me thou. I dunno how you guys get into the car when the seat & steering is in driving position...
The same way people have done it for over 100 years.
Old 05-15-14, 08:08 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Then what's the use of having the seat move backwards, steering retract when you turn off the car? So that you have more space to get out of the car. Then having this feature even before you get into the car the seat & steering move to the driving position which make space tighter & more difficult to get into the car... No brainer...
Old 05-15-14, 08:57 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Then what's the use of having the seat move backwards, steering retract when you turn off the car? So that you have more space to get out of the car. Then having this feature even before you get into the car the seat & steering move to the driving position which make space tighter & more difficult to get into the car... No brainer...
My IS doesn't have the seat moving back feature. Since my seat doesn't move back, the seat moves directly to the memory position when I open the driver's door. So I'm guessing that in the GS, just like my power steering column, the seat moves into the appropriate memory position once the car is started.

Quick Reply: Seat Memory Illumination