GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

High mileage 4GS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-14, 11:04 PM
niccuhles
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High mileage 4GS!

I've recently been shopping around for a 4GS and ran into this on Craigslist. When I saw the title and price I was I knew there had to be something wrong with the car. 77k miles on a 2013!!! Is anyone on here even close this this type of mileage?!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/4468370346.html
Old 05-18-14, 11:07 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Probably mainly highway miles. 77k is nothing for that 350 motor
Old 05-18-14, 11:21 PM
niccuhles
Driver

I agree it's not much at all for a 350 motor but however it is a lot for a car that's been out for only 2 years. And I sure hope that's highway miles, cause that's a lot of time in a car of its city mileage. You have to practically live in that thing.
Old 05-18-14, 11:30 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

at least it has the super sport tires on it
Old 05-19-14, 03:49 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The price is good, I think its a good buy. You need to look at carfax and if everything looks legit take it for a spin, a car with high mileage, is most likely was used for work and travel. I know salesman who put that many miles every year.

Also, the car could have been sold in late 2012, which would put the car in 1.5y old and around 50k miles a year.
Old 05-19-14, 02:16 PM
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by niccuhles
I've recently been shopping around for a 4GS and ran into this on Craigslist. When I saw the title and price I was I knew there had to be something wrong with the car. 77k miles on a 2013!!! Is anyone on here even close this this type of mileage?!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/4468370346.html
Hey a fellow Washingtonian! Car looks clean, like everyone is saying the Lexuses will pretty much out last anything on the road with some minor maintenance. We have a Gen2 GS, and it still runs like new, with about 125k miles on it!

I would, however, check out what those warning lights are, sensors for these things can be expensive, NO MATTER what Pierre tells you. I have never bought a car from them personally, but I did go look at one a several years back when I was looking to get my first car. Let's just say their business practices are not the best. They will probably try to lock you into their office until you sign something...DON'T do it. Also, they should have no problem letting you take the car to get it checked out. I have heard of people wanting to do that but ending up buying the car before leaving their lot LOL.

Good Luck!

P.S. It looks like an RWD, probably a California car. We don't have any used F-Sport's for sale in our area, RWD or AWD. I ended up going all the way to Minnesota to get a AWD F-Sport! Had an awesome time driving back - got a $20 speeding ticket - how Montana makes money off of that, I will never know!
Old 05-20-14, 01:44 PM
niccuhles
Driver

Originally Posted by mdhaliwal
Hey a fellow Washingtonian! Car looks clean, like everyone is saying the Lexuses will pretty much out last anything on the road with some minor maintenance. We have a Gen2 GS, and it still runs like new, with about 125k miles on it!

I would, however, check out what those warning lights are, sensors for these things can be expensive, NO MATTER what Pierre tells you. I have never bought a car from them personally, but I did go look at one a several years back when I was looking to get my first car. Let's just say their business practices are not the best. They will probably try to lock you into their office until you sign something...DON'T do it. Also, they should have no problem letting you take the car to get it checked out. I have heard of people wanting to do that but ending up buying the car before leaving their lot LOL.

Good Luck!

P.S. It looks like an RWD, probably a California car. We don't have any used F-Sport's for sale in our area, RWD or AWD. I ended up going all the way to Minnesota to get a AWD F-Sport! Had an awesome time driving back - got a $20 speeding ticket - how Montana makes money off of that, I will never know!
Haha, I'm looking for something more low mileage for resale purposes. I go thru cars quick, faster than 3 years or else I would just lease. And I'm mainly looking for RWD only that way i can run staggered wheels. Pierre Ford is a joke too, I've look at many cars from there. All the sales guys are dirt bags. I'm not in a huge rush as this would just be my second/play car. The nicer weather and looking at pics of my old car make me miss having a slammed toy haha. Here's my old one:

Old 05-20-14, 06:00 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by niccuhles
Haha, I'm looking for something more low mileage for resale purposes. I go thru cars quick, faster than 3 years or else I would just lease. And I'm mainly looking for RWD only that way i can run staggered wheels. Pierre Ford is a joke too, I've look at many cars from there. All the sales guys are dirt bags. I'm not in a huge rush as this would just be my second/play car. The nicer weather and looking at pics of my old car make me miss having a slammed toy haha. Here's my old one:

I'm running staggered and I'm AWD, Just saying its possible.
Old 05-20-14, 07:49 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts