hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably the light, here's another:

Old 05-24-14, 01:09 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i'm talking about the chrome around the exhaust like this picture..

Old 05-24-14, 03:16 AM
hube
Pole Position

Ah ok, sorry, I thought you meant the chrome strip that the F-sport has vs the non f-sport. I also think that the GS350 with the chrome exhaust tips has the better look.
Old 06-06-14, 08:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by hube
Hello from a Dutch Lexus driver. A few weeks ago I bought my 5th Lexus in a row, so I guess that makes me a bit of a Lexus fan. Pics below:

[CENm.nl/Album/GS450h_hube/25.jpg"][/URL][/CENTER]

The major issue I am having is an unbalance at 120-130km/h. I am trying to find out if this is a wheel or tire issue.

Another question that I am facing is the following, I am thinking of the Concavo CW-12 wheels or the Vossen CV-7 wheels. And what color suits best in combination with the color of the car? Also the car would need a bit of a drop, which I am hoping the Tanabe springs will do.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your opinion and if possible see pics of a GS450h in graphite that had similar changes.

Also, the GS350 exhaust modification will be done on this car next month.
Hi. I had a previous generation GS 450h and love the new one. Here is a video with a GS 450h F-sport in the Ukraine with Vossen CV7 wheels.

I would recommend matte graphite machined, then graphite finish

Vossen has a very solid European network so let me know if you have any questions.
Old 06-06-14, 09:38 AM
hube
Pole Position

Hi, TNX!

I pretty much decided on the Vossen's already. But I will purchase them the beginning of next year. I'll first finish as much as possible the summer tires and will put the wintertires on the original f-sport rims.

My choice is stuck between the CV7 and the VF's both graphite

Thanks guys @cl for the pics

The other item remaining is the lowering of the car. Can't go too low, and still need to drive in parking garages etc. Also I'd like to keep the sport + setting to the suspension, so I guess springs are the only option.
Old 06-06-14, 12:07 PM
LexFather

Hi, TNX!

I pretty much decided on the Vossen's already. But I will purchase them the beginning of next year. I'll first finish as much as possible the summer tires and will put the wintertires on the original f-sport rims.

My choice is stuck between the CV7 and the VF's both graphite

The other item remaining is the lowering of the car. Can't go too low, and still need to drive in parking garages etc. Also I'd like to keep the sport + setting to the suspension, so I guess springs are the only option.
Nice! The white one is actually my wife's car lol...she has RSR-down springs for a 1" drop but I'm putting on RS-R coilovers today....They do offer a "super down" for nicer 2" drop.
Old 06-06-14, 01:13 PM
hube
Pole Position

Awesome Its nice to see how small the world is sometimes Anyway, the drop on the pic I find perfect, but I would love to see what the RSR coilovers do. Don't you find it a pitty to lose the Sport + suspension settings?
Old 06-06-14, 01:53 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
saw the new 450H at the airport today and noticed no chrome on the rear bumper for the exhaust area... Looked naked without it IMO.... really like that look with the chrome accents ...
No chrome exhaust tips on the hybrid. Hybrid is supposed to be near zero emissions. So Lexus decided against putting exhaust tips on a car that is supposed to have little or no emissions. When I look under the rear of my car, I see two ratty looking tailpipes hidden underneath the bumper. Not impressive if you look under, but the look from afar is clean. I too like a little chrome and like the chrome accent on the non-US version.
Old 06-06-14, 03:44 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

The chrome accent is because this particular GS450h the OP posted is the F-Sport version. F-Sport GS450h's get chrome on the lower valence unlike non F-Sports.

To be clear :
all GS450h's = no exhaust tips but get the lower hybrid valence on the rear bumper.
F-Sport GS450h's have an additional chrome accent/coating on their hybrid valence which adds a subtle shine.

The reason US GS hybrids don't have the chrome accent is because the F-Sport GS450h is not sold in the US.

Last edited by natnut; 06-06-14 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-07-14, 01:59 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Hello from a Dutch Lexus driver. A few weeks ago I bought my 5th Lexus in a row, so I guess that makes me a bit of a Lexus fan. Pics below:

The major issue I am having is an unbalance at 120-130km/h. I am trying to find out if this is a wheel or tire issue.

Another question that I am facing is the following, I am thinking of the Concavo CW-12 wheels or the Vossen CV-7 wheels. And what color suits best in combination with the color of the car? Also the car would need a bit of a drop, which I am hoping the Tanabe springs will do.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your opinion and if possible see pics of a GS450h in graphite that had similar changes.

Also, the GS350 exhaust modification will be done on this car next month.
Congrats on the new car.

Personally a great color combination would be the Matte Graphite finish of the Vossen wheels such as the CV3,CV4,CV5 or even the Silver polished would give it a great sporty and classy look.

The Vossen VF series would also be an amazing choice.
Old 07-02-14, 02:58 AM
hube
Pole Position

Diffuser (and exhaust tip) modification has started on the GS450h F-sport:

The diffuser has been sprayed in the same color as the car; Nebula Grey
Old 07-02-14, 10:52 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Visually not much difference from the F-sport, except for the hidden hideous exhaust.
Old 01-23-15, 01:52 AM
hube
Pole Position

Small update, it has been quiet over the winter Ok, it still is winter.... I ordered the Vossen VFS-2 wheels with the following specs:

VFS-2
- Gloss Graphite
- 2x 20x9 +32
- 2x 20x10.5 +45

Tires:
- 2x 245/35r20 Bridgestone s001
- 2x 275/30r20 Bridgestone s001

I also ordered the RSR Downsus, which will hopefully be installed in a month or so. (Takes some time to get here from the US). The Lexus dealer at Amsterdam will install it for me. By April the final picture must be ready...

Total cost: € 5.800.- ( = u$ 6.600.-) which is quite good for Europe.
Old 01-23-15, 09:58 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks It is indeed quite a ride! Am I correct to assume that the GS450h is not available as F-sport in the States?

I am just noticing that Tanabe doesn't have lowering springs for the GS450h, so I guess it will have to be RSR.
First of all congrats on your new car, i hope you enjoy it like we all have. Looks great

We do have the 450h F sport for the 2015 models here in California. However, i dont understand why anyone would buy a hybrid over a regular F Sport. The price for a 450h F sport starts at $71,000 while the gasoline version costs $53,000. So your paying around $18,000 more. In order to make up that difference through fuel conservation, it will take you around 10 years. And its only like 0.2 seconds quicker.

So i dont see the cost advantage of buying a GS hyrbid at all. Unless you just want to be green and cool i guess.

To answer your question, i would get a Gun Metal color for the wheels, they match the nebula gray best i think. Even better than black wheels. Also the brake dust is not as bad on the gun metal.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-23-15 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-23-15, 10:53 AM
hube
Pole Position

Thanks, that's what I got The GS350 is not available in Europe. It's either a GS300h or the GS450h.

I would however be carefull with the specs, in a floored accelleration to topspeed the GS450h may just surprise a GS350 driver. 0-60 it is nice, but not impressive. It becomes nice after that. Have a friend with a 335i that also thought it wouldn't be much of a difference

Quick Reply: Graphite GS450h F-sport