GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

INVIDIA Axle Back or JoeZ Axle back or Megan Racing Axle Back????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-14, 09:54 PM
myfly350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INVIDIA Axle Back or JoeZ Axle back or Megan Racing Axle Back????

So I'm looking to buy a axle back for my car, a 2014 gs350 AWD,
I can't seem to figure out which one sounds better but no drone.?
I'm hoping some one can chime in on this thread and guide me to the right product
i dont wanna spend $500 for something i won't like

i can't seem to find review on just the axle back on this forum .,..

INVIDIA Axle Back or JoeZ Axle back or Megan Racing Axle Back

any help is appreciated thank you very much

Last edited by myfly350; 06-01-14 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-31-14, 09:52 PM
mikec78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do a few things IMHO:
1) get the full system by JoeZ (you will get some drone)
2) get the axle-back system from JoeZ (never tried just that)
3) get the full system by JoeZ, keep the mid-pipes + x-pipe on and put the stock mufflers back... (I have done this)
4) don't do anything and roll stock...(no drone)

I can't speak for the axle-back systems because I have only played around with the full systems in a few different ways. And with any exhaust you typically get "drone"...I don't know about the axle-back as I haven't played with just that yet. The full system (any of them) will have some drone...check out my thread with all the things I have done with my car to "stop drone" (nothing works) - you will always get it unless you fix the Helmholtz Resonance by adding what they call a "Helmholtz Resonator" to cancel out the frequency of the drone.

Check out my link with a lot of details and frequency measurements:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-exterior.html

The other thing you can do is buy the full Joe-Z system and modify it a little (keep the mid-pipe and x-pipe and add back the stock exhaust) = no drone:

You get a cool sound I think, which is different than stock...so it sets things off a bit. Though you get to keep the cabin nice and quiet...this way you have the full system and you can modify as you like...

I hope that helps a little bit, though I don't think many people have posted audio clips of just the axle-back system and have made any comments on "drone" or not...

Let me know how it works out for you though...either way JoeZ is the way to go!!! - if you go with the axle-back I would be curious to know if there is drone or not (in your opinion that is)...typically you hear it around the 2000rpm range...which is most of the time

Enjoy!
Old 06-01-14, 11:10 AM
myfly350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikec78
You can do a few things IMHO:
1) get the full system by JoeZ (you will get some drone)
2) get the axle-back system from JoeZ (never tried just that)
3) get the full system by JoeZ, keep the mid-pipes + x-pipe on and put the stock mufflers back... (I have done this)
4) don't do anything and roll stock...(no drone)

I can't speak for the axle-back systems because I have only played around with the full systems in a few different ways. And with any exhaust you typically get "drone"...I don't know about the axle-back as I haven't played with just that yet. The full system (any of them) will have some drone...check out my thread with all the things I have done with my car to "stop drone" (nothing works) - you will always get it unless you fix the Helmholtz Resonance by adding what they call a "Helmholtz Resonator" to cancel out the frequency of the drone.

Check out my link with a lot of details and frequency measurements:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-exterior.html

The other thing you can do is buy the full Joe-Z system and modify it a little (keep the mid-pipe and x-pipe and add back the stock exhaust) = no drone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZqTLLHvpQ

You get a cool sound I think, which is different than stock...so it sets things off a bit. Though you get to keep the cabin nice and quiet...this way you have the full system and you can modify as you like...

I hope that helps a little bit, though I don't think many people have posted audio clips of just the axle-back system and have made any comments on "drone" or not...

Let me know how it works out for you though...either way JoeZ is the way to go!!! - if you go with the axle-back I would be curious to know if there is drone or not (in your opinion that is)...typically you hear it around the 2000rpm range...which is most of the time

Enjoy!
I appreciate your reply but the problem is I have a all-wheel-drive that's why i am interested in only axle back. seems like you probably JoeZ no matter what lol